This is the version history page for SubMagic. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 0.71 (Mar 29, 2009)
- Version 0.70 (Sep 23, 2007)
- Version 0.69 (Sep 11, 2007)
- Version 0.68 (Sep 8, 2007)
- Version 0.67 (Sep 4, 2007)
- Version 0.66 (Aug 16, 2007)
- Version 0.65 (Feb 12, 2007)
- Version 0.64 (Jan 28, 2007)
- Version 0.63 (Nov 25, 2006)
- Version 0.62 (Oct 18, 2006)
- Version 0.61 (Sep 21, 2006)
- Version 0.60 (Aug 23, 2006)
- Version 0.59 (Aug 19, 2006)
- Version 0.58 (May 17, 2006)
- Release Date: Mar 29, 2009
- General: Build with Visual Studio 2008 and DirectX 10 SDK (November 2008) to better support Windows Vista and Windows Se7en.
- Portability: Uses a configuration file to store all settings instead of the Windows registry.
- Unicode: Support for Unicode subtitle files added.
- User Interface: several cosmetic changes.
- Video playback: fixed disappearing of video window when resizing, switching tabs or switching applications.
- General: Check for new versions at startup is now performed in the background to prevent some delay before the application could be used.
- Release Date: Sep 23, 2007
- Check Page: Fixed several incorrect added and removed spaces.
- General: Changed font of list to the Windows Icon Font for better readability.
- Configuration: Added 2 possible credits.
- Release Date: Sep 11, 2007
- Check Page: Fixed a major bug in the duration calculation. Subs were shown way too long.
- Check Page: When splitting a too long 2-line sub the duration was divided according to the length of both lines. No minimal duration was taken into account. Now a absolute minimum of 1 second is forced for the shortest line.
- Release Date: Sep 8, 2007
- Check Page: An additional space was inserted incorectly after a '...' at the beginning of a line.
- Release Date: Sep 4, 2007
- Build: Build with the latest DirectX SDK (August 2007). Added the required d3dx9_35.dll to the installation. This dll should have been part of the Microsoft DirectX installation but it isn't.
- Sync Page: Fixed a bug when moving a selection and the selection is only the last line. The sub could overlap the previous one.
- Play Movie Page: Fixed a bug where the video display was not updated when the progress bar was clicked when in pause state.
- Check Page: Warnings for extreme short and long durations can now be switched off and their values can be changed.
- Check Page: Fixed a problem of spaces being added incorrectly, eg. ??? -> ? ? ?.
- Options Page: added possibility to set the frame rate when saving a MicroDVD (*.sub) file. Until now 25.000 was always used.
- General: The top position of the listbox is now maintained when switching tabs instead of forcing the selected line to be visible.
- General: Added check for new version at startup.
- Release Date: Aug 16, 2007
- Play Movie Page / Edit Page: Added Search and Replace Button (and corresponding Ctrl-H accelerator).
- Play Movie Page / Edit Page: Added Match Whole Word and Match Case options to the Search Dialog.
- Check Page: Lines with all uppercase characters are not joined anymore.
- Check Page: Small performance improvements.
- Check Page: Fixed bug were subtitles with very short durations could become negative.
- Check Page: Added warnings for extreme long (> 10 sec) and short (< 0.5 sec) durations AFTER attempts to fix them. The ranges are fixed for now.
- General: Added some new icons.
- General: Set the version number of the executable to the correct version.
- Release Date: Feb 12, 2007
- General: Added Minimize / Maximize buttons.
- File Operations Page: fixed Split function.
- File Operations Page: Added Save Selection function.
- General: Changed font of subtitle edit fields and logging windows for better readabillity.
- General: Added 'synced' and 'resynced' to the list of possible credits to remove.
- Release Date: Jan 28, 2007
- General - Fixed an incorrect CR/LF sequence during saving of ASCII files.
- Release Date: Nov 25, 2006
- General - Repair incorrect CR/LF ended lines during reading of files.
- Release Date: Oct 18, 2006
- Edit Page - Fixed bug when removing a selection.
- Fix Errors Page - Fixed corrupting of stop time of the last subtitle.
- Fix Errors Page - Fixed losing new setting of dynamic duration.
- Release Date: Sep 21, 2006
- Play Movie Page - Fixed long delay when re-activating the page.
- Analyze Page - Remember selection when leaving and re-activating the page.
- Analyze Page - Added Save Selection feature (for team LiT).
- Analyze Page - Added invalid displayed numbers option.
- Analyze Page - Fixed crash when selecting Previous Error when the first error is selected.
- Analyze Page - Errors are reset when performing a new Analize is done.
- Translate Page - Added Ctrl-S (Save without any questions asked) accelerator.
- Fix Errors Page - Dynamic duration and number of characters per line are now saved (and restored) correctly.
- General - A file can now be opened with SubMagic by doubleclicking or by selecting 'Open With' from an explorer window.
- Fix Errors Page - Fixed a problem were a space behind a period was added incorrectly: 'Just an example.' -> 'Just an example. '
- Fix Errors Page - Fixed a problem were a triple period was added incorrectly: 'Just an example...' -> 'Just an example...'...
- Edit Page - Fixed a bug when using Remove All.
- Check For Errors Page - Optimized speed for some error checks.
- General - Fixed a rounding error in the milliseconds calculation during saving.
- Fix Errors Page - Extended the Fix Quotes check.
- Release Date: Aug 23, 2006
- Play Movie Page - When deleting the last subtitle the application crashed.
- Play Movie Page - Numbers of subs are updated when deleting a line.
- Fix Errors Page - Added some new entries to the list of possible credits to remove (team Lost In Translation & ondertitel.com).
- Fix Errors Page - Fixed a bug in the internal datastructure after a Fix
Errors was performed possibly causing a crash later on.
- Files Page - Fixed a problem with updating the progress bar during
executing of DVDSupencode.
- Files Page - Fixed a problem with error detecting during executing of
- General - When a file is changed a save request is prompted on exiting.
- Release Date: Aug 19, 2006
- Development environment - Moved to Visual Studio 2005 with MFC 8.0 Library and full Unicode support.
- Play Movie Page - Duration and Position microscrolls are now enabled when a subtitle is selected and playstate is not Playing.
- Edit Page - Duration and Position microscrolls and Auto button functions are now fully implemented.
- Edit Page - Changed to graphical duration and start time displays.
- Framerate Page - PAL2NTSC and NTSC2PAL buttons now immediately perform the corresponding framerame conversion.
- Synchronize Page - Fully translated.
- Framerate Page - Fully translated.
- General - Fixed a crash when a new subtitle was loaded and the last selection was higher than the number of subtitles in the new file.
- Look & Feel - Replaced the bitmap of the Exit button.
- Release Date: May 17, 2006
- General: Fixed crash when trying to autoload a previous file which is renamed or removed.
- General: Fixed saving of ASCII file resulting in adding extra Carriage Returns due to the used UNICODE libraries.
- Synchronize Page: a single selection or the first in of a multi selection is now passed to other pages.
- Synchronize Page: Selecting a range now forces the Selection radio button.
- Synchronize Page: Fixed a crash when split a subtitle in the play movie page and switching to the Synchronize page.
- Play Movie Page: Fixed incorrect display of second and higher columns when inserting a new subtitle.
- Check For Errors Page: Added a check to fix split numbers. eg. 1 997 -> 1997.
- Check For Errors Page: Select All and Select None buttons now actually update all checks.
- Play Movie Page: First frame is shown when Stopped instead of last played one..
- Edit Page: Fixed starting position when searching for new text.
- Edit Page: Fixed crash when deleting last subtitle.
- Play Movie Page: Fixed starting position when searching for new text.
- Play Movie Page: Added accelerators for [CTRL-F] (find first), [F3] (find next), [INS] (insert line), [DELETE] (delete selected line), [HOME] (move to first line) and [END] (move to the last line).
- Play Movie Page: Last position of last used AVI is now remembered and restored.
- Play Movie Page: Selected line of last used subtitle is now remembered and restored.
- Play Movie Page: Subtitle in video screen is now directly changed when the text in the edit fields is eddited.
- Play Movie Page: Hitting [ENTER] when edditing the second line now advances to the next subtitle and still put the focus on the first line.
- Play Movie Page: Insert now inserts at exact current location when playing or directly after the current selected subtitle when stopped or in pause.
- Play Movie Page: The Auto Duration button now uses the setting of the Fix Errors page
- Play Movie Page: Browsing through the list with the cursor keys now also updates the movie position, time display and edit fields.
- AVI Info Page: Fully translated.