This is the version history page for SageTV. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Nov 13, 2010
- Redesigned User Interface
- Automated Plugin System makes installing SageTV customizations simple
- Seamless playback transitions from one show to the next
- Automatic conversion of your Favorite recordings to other formats such as iPod, iPhone or H.264 MKVs
- Advanced photo slideshow transitions using pans, zooms and fades
- Support for BDMV folder (BluRay) playback on Windows (requires BluRay codecs to be installed)
Version 6.5.1 Beta
- Release Date: Feb 4, 2009
- Release Date: Nov 15, 2008
- Please refer to this forum thread for more information
- Release Date: Aug 19, 2008
- Support for the Hauppauge HD PVR (Official on Windows, Experimental on Linux)
- Automatic STVI Generation in the SageTV Studio
- EXIF metadata/thumbnail support for JPEGs
- new file system & network browser
- H.264 videos from YouTube
- High definition photo display on the STX-HD100
- File transfers to/from Placeshifter clients
- editing of aspect ratios on the fly for the STX-HD100
- lots of bugs fixes & performance enhancements
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2007
- animated user interface
- support for the SageTV STX-HD100 High Definition Media Extender
- added 125 new online content sources
- expanded hardware support on Macintosh (HDHomeRun, HVR-950, ElGato EyeTV Hybrid)
- DXVA capable MPEG2 decoder on Windows
- various bug fixes & performance enhancements
- MKV & DVR-MS file format support
- Release Date: Sep 18, 2007
- Support for DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S on Windows including support for CAM/CI
- Support for DVB-T, DVB-C and DVB-S on Linux
- ClearQAM support for the Hauppauge HVR-1600 & HVR-1800 on Windows
- ClearQAM support for the AverMedia M780 on Vista only
- BDA Support for the HDHomeRun
- Lots of Bug Fixes & performance optimizations
- Updated User Interface
- New User Interface Themes
- Enhanced H.264 Support
- Added AppleTV and iPhone transcoding support
- Release Date: Apr 6, 2007
- Lots of Bug Fixes
- New Logo + UI Enhancements
- YouTube Videos
- DVB-T/QAM on Linux
- New Cards on Windows: Hauppauge HVR-1600 (supports dual ATSC + NTSC) & HVR-950; VistView Saber 2020, AverMedia M780; HDHomeRun
- Windows Placeshifter client remote control support (MCE, IRMan, USB-UIRT, Windows Messages, Multimedia keyboards)
- Windows Vista Support
- Release Date: Dec 19, 2006
- Delivery of Google Video to the TV, allowing users to browse, search, and play online video files from the Google site directly from the SageTV interface. Videos can be played on the SageTV-equipped computer or on any TV in the house equipped with a SageTV Media Extender. This feature bridges the gap between online and offline video, allowing both to be accessed from a single screen.
- Support for Digital Video Broadcast (DVB), the standard for cable, satellite and terrestrial digital television broadcasting in Europe and around the globe.Version 6.0 supports DVB-T and DVB-C, with CI/CAM and DVB-S support planned for March 2007. SageTV also supports ATSC, NTSC and PAL broadcast signals.
- Playback of unencrypted DVDs from the user's hard drive on the TV, with the use of the SageTV Media Extender. This includes browsing and playing of DVD libraries including content, menus, special features, subtitles and audio tracks as well as 5.1 channel digital audio.
- Display of video thumbnails next to each video title and description, enabling users to see the title frame of each video as they browse their collection. Video thumbnails are now automatically displayed for all video files except WMV9 files and DRM-protected content.
- Expanded video and music file support, extending SageTV to virtually every media format. New music files supported include non-fair-play-protected AAC (iTunes) files as well as WMA, FLAC and Ogg/Vorbis formats, including playback with full tag parsing.New video files supported include MOV (Quicktime), 3GP, MPEG4 and H.264 playback.
- Enhanced Electronic Program Guide (EPG) information, including the addition of program listings from DVB and ATSC broadcast streams for international users as well as non-broadcast listings such as TV editorial and detailed series information for U.S. and Canadian customers. These features enhance the integrated 14-day U.S., Canadian and European program guides that are included on the SageTV interface, allowing users to plan their TV viewing and recording without switching to a separate online application.
- Video playlist capabilities, allowing users to assemble video files into a specific sequence for continuous play. This is especially useful for creating home video programming that can run during parties or family celebrations.
- Improved media library navigation, including the ability to add the genre and year tags to music files and support lossless rotation of JPEG images as well as easier browsing and search of all video and music files.
- Release Date: Apr 26, 2006