This is the version history page for MkvMagic. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Release Date: Aug 10, 2006
- Fixed bug on DVD input that cause dgindex to spot if ifo file name is malformed (or different from vobset)
- If a second encode is lauched after the first one the log window will report only the second log
- Update log file (for better debug)
- Added Save Default button. If you click this button mkvmagic will save an mkvmagic.ini with main parameter. If mkvmagic.ini is present when mkvmagic.exe is loading the this file will be parsed and loaded
- Fixed NeroAACEnc "-If" on second audio track, thanks to Koriyama Naohiro for bug hunting !
- Added a sanity check for audio looping. If audio track isn't create the program will not stop trying to convert and continue with other process (fell free to suggest better solutions)
- Update Tutorial
- Update deinterlacer routines. Now using BAutoDeint by Berrinam ! My kudos to Berrinam !! Using this application i will able to analyze a precius log and then argue better deinterlace routines
If source is: then this routines is applied:
unknown If "Enable VFR" is checked than this
script is applied tfm(d2v="movie.d2v").
Else no routines is applied
progressive no routines
interlaced if order is know
if order is unknow than TDeint()
partly film tfm(d2v="movie.d2v").tdecimate(hybrid=1)
partly interlaced tfm(d2v="movie.d2v").tdecimate(hybrid=3)
film Forced Film is applyed to d2v, than
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST BETTER ROUTINES
- Added a check button at side fo Deinterlacer that if checked allow building of VFR MKV file is source in unknow
- Added the possibility to add a custom string to xvid command line encoder
- When converting mpeg4 (avi/dv/mkv/...) file to dvd audio will be converted using or directshowsource or avisource (before was only directshowsource)
- Correct deinterlacer routines in AVSOptimizer
- Release Date: Aug 1, 2006
- Update code to allow installation in path with space. Like "c:\program files\mkvmagic\" also destination path could contain space
- Now when MkvMagic is working a log windows is always ready to watch what is doing. Please don't close this window or mkvmagic will also close... i will correct this bug asap
- There no more need to edit defaul.avs. All *.dll present in \filter will be loaded
- Added MultiSWAR resizer
- Added Aften Audio Encoder
- Explicited use of NONE in resizer. Select NONE for NO resize and NO autocrop
- Release Date: Jul 1, 2006
- Release Date: May 18, 2006
- Added -ignorelength to neroaacenc parameter
- Bug fixings and tweak on audio part (MkvMagic is now a good gui for audio encoding!)
- If final size is equal or bigger than 2GB and if avi is the final container then OpenDML is applyed in muxing
- On mpeg4 input MkvMagic will switch to DirectShowSource or AviSource if choosed one isn't fuctional
- Added ConvertAudioTo32bit() for sanity purpose into mkvmaudio.avs
- If dgindex wasn't able to demux audio mkvmagic will relaunch dgindex on next audio tracks.
- If dgindex don't found any audio than mplayer.exe is used to demux audio track selected into wav and the encoded in ac3 file with 192 cbr/2ch setting (only for ts files)
- Totally rewritten from scratch audio part. Dropped support for besweet. Now mkvmagic use avisynth as main audio processor (as megui).
- Added support for frequency, tempo, pitch and channel.
- Added tips for these new fuctions
- This encoding is used both for mpeg4 output and mpeg2 output, so please pay attention when converting PAL2NTSC and viceversa
- Added support for command line LAME.exe, Oggenc.exe, TwoLame.exe, Aud-X.exe, AAC_CTPlus and NeroAACEnc.exe.
- Encoding to AC3 is demanded to QuEnc (and work quite well)
- If input is audio file mkvmagic will process it without hiss. Like a BeSweet substitute ! :)
- If output is mpeg2 audio file is encoded as 48000hz
- Added support for FrFun7 filter
- Automatic set of number of threads at program start, based upon hardware detection
- Update QuEnc routines to 0.7
- Update AutoQMatEnc upon choose avs as input (wrong ar in ecl creation)
- Update dump of xvid_encraw settings. Upon click on "WriteCMD" mkvmagic will create one or two bat in working folder with xvid settings.
- If Mplayer.exe is present into \exe\encoder folder, mkvmagic will use it for demuxing audio from mpeg4 file (avi/mkv/ogm...). This way is more robust than virtualdub demux
- Again better support for avi input. Is now possible to "Copy Original" even for avi input
- Varius bug fixes an avs input and avi input (no more bbmpeg crash on avi parsing..., this shouldn't ever done; no more try to parse d2v on avs input)
- Update MkvMerge to 1.70
- Added a new folder ( "Matrix" in exe folder )with several matrix for use with xvid.
- Added support for -progress options in xvid_encraw
- Better routines for get exact size with xvid_encraw
- Added support for HC_Enc 0.18
- Correct a bug that would calculate bitrate for hcenc on 1000 basis not on 1024
- Added support for muxing .idx/.sub into mp4
- Added support for avs input for conversion to mpeg2
- Better avi input. Now audio is saved to wav with virtualdubmod
- Release Date: Apr 28, 2006
- Added --no-dct-decimate to x264 options
- Added support for Teegedeck XviD preset. These presets could be very handy for a newby lost in xvid command line. Take a look at tooltip next to choice. Link to doom9 forum for discussion http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=107897
- Added an hidden feature: if you write NONE in resize filter (where is lanczos, bicubic...), mkvmagic will neither do autoresize nor apply autocrop or any resize. If enabled HGAvsOptimizer will however autocrop the source
- Isn't more possible to edit OGG and Aud-X audio codec BITRATE. Since OGG is based on quality preset and Aud-X on its preset the combo where choose bitrate is "greyed". NO PROBLEM !!! YOU CAN ALWAYS CHOICE FROM LIST
- More Tooltip ! (again)... If mouse is over Mkvmagic icon in systray a popup will say what mkvmagic is doing
- Added in log the AR calculated as Gordian Knot and the AR error (as Gordian Knot)
- Added support for TBilateral and TTempSmooth
- Optimized filter code (internal change, 5k code removed)
- Changed "Credits\Calc\Audio" panel to "Extra Settings"
- Better log if 1 or 2 Pass VFW is choosed
- If "Calculate!" (in "Extra" panel) is pressed the bitrate calculate is putted in clipboard (for a copy&paste in vfw codec configurations)
- Resolved a nasty bug that could bring very very low resolution on autosize with very short clip (less then 1 minute)
- Changed name of AUD-X to "MP3 5.1 Aud-X" due to request of developers of Aud-X (not a big trouble !)
- More complete support for XviD_Encraw. Now is possible to set all single pass and second pass options
- Traced in log the presence of decrypter, mplayer and mencoder
- Corrected erroneus warning message about missing decrypter eve if presente (bug reported by riggits)
- If DTS audio source is choosed then only "Copy Original" is avaiable as audio codec
- Reported in log MkvMagic version
- Added support for AVS input file. No filter or resize is applyed, only HGAvsoptimizer,audio encoding and final encoding
- Release Date: Apr 6, 2006
- Added average encoding speed in log report
- Added support to generic vfw codec ( like DivX 6 ). In codec list are added two new entry: "2 Pass Manual VFW Codec" and "1 Pass Manual VFW Codec".
!!! NOTE !!!
"Conf. Codec" is enabled if you choose one of these encoding mode.
IF YOU CLICK on "Conf. Codec" you MUST configure one or two pass codec AND this EXACT SETTING (bitrate...) will be used in encoding, both for autosize and final encoding. TIPS: use "Credit/Calc/Audio" for computing bitrate
IF YOU DON'T CLICK on "Conf. Codec" MkvMagic will ASK and you MUST set codec at encoding time, both for autoresize and final encoding. Before autosize and final encoding a message info is displayed for average bitrate knowledge. The only drawback is encoding will wait for your input. Es. choose input, choose 2 pass vfw -> start ! -> indexing -> audio encoding -> ask for autoresize codec config -> ask two time for codec configuration (one for both pass)
- Update Tutorial
- Release Date: Mar 28, 2006
- Changed WinAmp CT profiles. Now bitrate is displayed and no more Nero's profiles.
- If WinAmp CT and "HE-AAC" (not "HE-AAC 5ch" ) profile are choosed then -high option is set
- More robust support for Mencoder (basically bug fixing... bug fixing and more bug fixing :) )
- Added support to Spresso fuction by Didee( http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=103299 ). Very good for SPatial REcompreSSiOn
- Reorganized filter and resize (only internal modifier, removed 25k of redundant code)
- Corrected in log the Profile choosed
- Added preliminary support to Mencoder (only for LAVC codec).
- For using Mencoder put mencoder.exe and mplayer.exe into \exe\encoder folder.
- If you use LAVC panel Mencoder/Mplayer is used for all purpose (ripping/encoding video/encoding audio). There only one big warning, isn't possible do do an automatic resolution test... with only mencoder. Look at "AVS CC" if you enable it (is enabled by default) than avisynth is used for creating a compression test script. If "AVS CC" is disabled the you must specify the final resolution
- Update log
- If HGAvsOptimizer was used on interlaced source the script wasn't correct.
- Now HgAvsOptimizer accept even custom resizer !!! Awesome !!!
- Tuned deinterlacer routines (a bit faster now)
- Added support for mt_masktools, also update LimitedSharpen script to latest version (with smode 4 support)
- Thansk to Berrinam solved problem with MvBob !!! Now if MvBob is choosed this deint is putted before crop
- Again thanks to Berrinam for pointing me a correct approach to deinterlace routines !
- Since latest x264 build need at last 32*32 image, update varius routines to this values (mainly interlace detection)
- More Tooltip
- Update log to indicate subtitle tracks
- Added support for --thread-input (new x264 rev 474) (for multicore cpu). Automatic added if threads >1
- Update support for CT Encoder
- Correct channel order for 5.1 encoding on second audio tracks
- Update HGAvsOptimizer. Much better now.
- Update to Sharktooth profile's v23
- Release Date: Mar 18, 2006
- Added a preliminary support of better deinterlacing rountines. The program, using a simplified version of AutoGk routines (also taken from source_detection from Berrinam), can determine if stream is interlaced or film or telecined or even hybrid. The problems awake only if hybrid film is detected :( ... I haven't much samples for testing /also a big thanks to Special kei for providing some of this)
- Update (again) parsing of file (from mpeg). If time.avs fail , parsing is done directly over d2v
- Better calc of resolution. "Strange" values should not more appear :)
- Added possibility to specify minimum and maximum resolution (due to automatic resolution)