This is the version history page for LiVES, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 3.0.2 (Sep 8, 2019)
- Version 3.0.1 (Aug 14, 2019)
- Version 3.0.0 (Aug 8, 2019)
- Version 2.10.2 (Jan 10, 2019)
- Version 2.10.1 (Dec 24, 2018)
- Version 2.10.0 (Sep 6, 2018)
- Version 2.8.9 (Mar 16, 2018)
- Version 2.8.8 (Mar 12, 2018)
- Version 2.8.7 (Jun 30, 2017)
- Version 2.8.6 (May 24, 2017)
- Version 2.8.5 (Apr 28, 2017)
- Version 2.8.3 (Dec 29, 2016)
- Version 2.8.1 (Oct 24, 2016)
- Version 2.8.0 (Sep 4, 2016)
- Version 2.6.8 (Sep 1, 2016)
- Version 2.6.7 (Aug 20, 2016)
- Version 2.6.5 (Aug 15, 2016)
- Version 2.6.4 (Aug 8, 2016)
- Version 2.6.3 (May 9, 2016)
- Version 2.6.1 (Mar 28, 2016)
- Release Date: Sep 8, 2019
- Fix regression in okbutton handling which prevents encoding from actioning.
- Display splash screen as early as possibley in startup.
- Code correctness fixes.
- Updated translations for Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese (Nany Cavalcante)
- Release Date: Aug 14, 2019
- Update package-config for libweed.
- Fix hang after setting parameters with combo boxes for realtime effects.
- Fix crashes in frei0r and ladspa wrappers.
- Fix undefined values on startup and in swscale.
- Improve "quick transcode" functionality.
- Release Date: Aug 8, 2019
- Fix for "Delete Set" not removing files from disk.
- Fix crash when selecting project directory with new install.
- Fix crash when starting playback with some generators (e.g. plasma) [regression].
- Fix to prevent spurious file removal when checking for plugins in a non-existent directory.
- Fix occasional crash with audio driven video generators.
- Load theme correctly on fresh installs.
- Render silence to end of video if necessary during rendering.
- Improvements to openGL playback plugin, including much smoother playback.
- Re-enable Advanced options for the openGL playback plugin.
- Allow "Enough" in VJ / Pre-decode all frames
- Refactor code for timebase calculations during playback (better a/v synch).
- Overhaul external audio and audio recording to improve accuracy and use fewer CPU cycles.
- Auto switch to internal audio when entering multitack mode.
- Show correct effects state (on / off) when reshowing effect mapper window.
- Eliminate some race conditions between the audio and video threads.
- Implemented reference counting for realtime effect instances.
- Extensively rewrote the main interface, cleaning up the code and making many visual improvements.
- Improvements to online video downloader, clip size and format can now be selected, added an update option.
- Optimised recording when video generators are running.
- Bugfixes for pulseaudio and jack audio players.
- Improvements to the projectM filter wrapper, including SDL2 support.
- Eliminate race conditions when applying rendered effects.
- Record audio looping correctly.
- Fixes for moved files during crash recovery.
- Optimisations for libweed.
- Added an option to invert the Z-order in multitrack compositor (rear layers can now overlay front ones).
- Added support for musl libc (jorgenatz)
- Updated translations for Ukranian (Yuri Chornoivan) and Portuguese (Nany Cavalcante)
- Numerous other optimisations and minor bugfixes.
- Release Date: Jan 10, 2019
- Fix serious bug in lives_popen() - may prevent saving of new sets.
- Add in part of the fix for multi_encoder3 which was overlooked in 2.10.1
- Fix regression in get_extension().
- Fix regression in get_frame_count().
- Add new icons.
- Update copyright years.
- Correctly reset video playback plugin after cancelling quick transcode.
- Improved youtube downloading.
- Release Date: Dec 24, 2018
- Fix regressions in rendering of internal audio.
- Fix frame rate when rendering after recording from generator plugins.
- Fixes for showing time remaining in progress dialog (partial regression from 2.10.0)
- Fix invisible window pre external window capture (regression).
- Fix regression in some preview displays in the clip editor.
- Fix preview for Compositor effect in multitrack.
- Fixes for Record External Audio.
- Fix regression in sending audio to audio triggered video generators (milkdrop, libvisual).
- Sort plugins alphabetically within packages.
- Ensure playback does not stop too soon in autolives mode.
- Fix audio fade in / out, using smaller chunk sizes.
- Allow effect output parameters to feed to internal macros, similar to MIDI / joystick controller.
- Improve effect previews in multitrack mode.
- Make the display mask colour/opacity configurable in Trim Frames / Add Border tool.
- When an original clip is not found, allow the user to retry as well as browse - to allow for unmounted disks, etc.
- Add menu option: VJ / Pre-decode all frames.
- Improve pulse audio sync when recording / playing from external audio.
- Create set lock file in correct location during crash recovery.
- Improve timing accuracy of realtime recording.
- Fix crash in subtitle rendering.
- Fix syntax problems with multi_encoder3 for python3.
- Fix some problems with jack audio playback.
- Release Date: Sep 6, 2018
- Fix regression issues with youtube download.
- Ensure audio waveform is redrawn after running fade audio.
- Fix crash when adjusting cross-linked real time effect parameters (e.g LADSPA effects).
- Fix an instability caused by NULL messages in the message cache (regression).
- Fix possible crash when the real time effect parameters window is open during rendering.
- Fix hang when clearing matches in the MIDI / JS learner window (GUI issue).
- Improve the MIDI / JS tab in Preferences.
- Add pref for creating a dummy alsa MIDI output port.
- Add "OMC notify" to MIDI / JS mapper (MIDI -> OSC, sends USER1 notify event to all listeners).
- Code cleanup. Standard checkbuttons and check menuitems now have their state set in the creation function.
- Remove "use_mnemonic" parameter for widget functions. Use widget_opts.mnemonic_labels instead.
- Amend the autolives toy so it can be triggered via OSC (and move to vj menu, add startup options).
- MIDI channel can now used as a filter instead of a parameter to be matched.
- Device mappings can now be shipped with builds.
- Improved a/v synch with pulse audio.
- Correct some minor GUI issues.
- -noset startup option now has a permanent effect.
- Add -asource [internal | external] startup option.
- Fix bug in setting loop mode via OSC.
- Fix broken framerate after pause / unpause during realtime playback.
- Updated translation to Czech (thanks to Pavel Borecki).
- Release Date: Mar 16, 2018
- Fix dataloss and crash issues from 2.8.8
- Release Date: Mar 12, 2018
- Fix "undo render to same clip" after rendering to selection.
- Add new libav_stream playback plugin (WIP).
- Set openGL playback plugin (if present) as the default for new installs.
- (Multi monitor support) always show dialog windows on the gui monitor.
- Re-enable audio recording from external sources (was inadvertantly disabled).
- Fix possible problems with layout reloading (regression).
- Reset to correct playback position when stop is pressed during / after pause (multitrack),
- Increase size of playback area in multitrack mode.
- Increase preview window size for video part open.
- Add quick transcode menu option (beta).
- Keep showing framebar when not playing (can be overriden in prefs).
- Show audio source in framebar (overridden by pref).
- Optimise redrawing of audio waveforms in clip editor.
- Implement external audio trigger for recording.
- Theme fixes for buttons.
- Various optimisations.
- Scale many widget sizes based on screen resolution.
- Fix crash in multitrack parameter adjustment for effects with repeated channels.
- Ctrl + mouse scroll can be used to zoom in / out in multitrack.
- Disable ctrl-q (quit) accelerator during playback to prevent accidental triggering.
- Updates for libav 3.5.
- Updated Ukrainian translation (Yuri Chernovian).
- Release Date: Jun 30, 2017
- Remove glad.h dependence on khr.
- Prompt for clip name when rendering to new clip.
- Fix autolives toy.
- Increase default frame size to 1024x768 for new installs.
- Allow override of frame size when encoding to ffmpeg / h264 format.
- Fix breakage in the threaded progress window.
- Updated Ukrainian translation (Yuri).
- Release Date: May 24, 2017
- Remove dependency on (deprecated) GLee.
- Show audio as volume levels in Clip Editor.
- Performance improvements for multitrack playback.
- Ensure that timeline track backgrounds are painted in multitrack (regression).
- Properly expand text width in the message info window.
- Improve zoom in multitrack (zooms around cursor rather than screen center).
- Prevent annyoing focus stealing when mt is backed up in the background.
- Fix broken audio fade in/out (regression).
- Fix external window capture (regression).
- Fix crash in palette conversions.
- Fix compilation issues with liblives scripting engine.
- Fix for keys being in multitrack fullscreen preview.
- Code reformatting and tidying (W.I.P)
- Release Date: Apr 28, 2017
- Fix audio loss when inserting without audio in clip editor (regression).
- Fix compiler error and warnings for gcc 7 (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=853520)
- Fix regression in mkv_decoder.
- Fix compiler warnings for openGL plugin.
- Change max seek allowed from 1 second to 2 seconds in avformat decoder.
- Update css state selectors for gtk 3.18+
- Experimental support for Wayland.
- Updated translation to Ukranian (thaks Yuri).
- Release Date: Dec 29, 2016
- Correct errors in cance Insert fix from 2.8.2
- Fix some minor issues with alarm timers.
- Fix trivial focus issue with Insert dialog in Clip Editor.
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2016
Vesion 2.8.1 (23 October 2016)
Fix various security issues on multi-user systems - see:
Fix audio length encoding bug:
Fix some compilation issues.
- Release Date: Sep 4, 2016
- Correct blank frame fix from 2.6.8 (add one to last frame).
- Fix coding error when centering windows.
- Correctly parse the path variables for frei0r, libvisual and ladspa.
- Set nicer defaults for RGBDelay effect.
- Release Date: Sep 1, 2016
- Fix bug which could result in blank frames / hang after deleting frames.
- Fix some internal issues with image types.
- Fix a crash after recording a generator and cancelling.
- Correctly remove layouts directory if the clips in a set are deleted.
- Print info text if libav decoder cannot find a usable pixel format.
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2016
- Fix breakage in single image loader (regression).
- Alter icon location to comply with LSB.
- Fix for older libav.
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2016
- Fix bug with multitrack startup not showing clip editor on switch (regression).
- Fix crash when statring in headless (nogui) mode (regression).
- Remove some debugging output from 2.6.4
- Update rte window after mapping effects via OSC.
- Add OSC commands /audio/source/set and /audio/source/get.
- Release Date: Aug 8, 2016
- Fix bugs with opening new audio (regression).
- Fix bug with yuv420p -> rgb palette conversions (regression).
- Better centering of dialogs in some window managers.
- Fix error with setting / resetting midi raw in Preferences.
- Fix crash when opening clips with older versions of libav.
- Minor compilation fixes.
- Updated translations to French and Ukranian.
- Release Date: May 9, 2016
- Fix bug which caused error moving sets with no layouts (regression).
- Optimise recording of generated frames.
- Fixes for recording audio from external pulse audio.
- Fix incorrect recognition of single jpeg/png as video (regression).
- Fix "Open Location" (regression).
- Use png rather than jpeg internally whenever possible.
- Improved support for mpv instead of mplayer.
- Add a few new effects ported from Toonz.
- Release Date: Mar 28, 2016
- Fix flickering in multi threaded palette conversion.
- Improved YUV / RGB palette conversions.
- Play selections should function even after switching clips, restarting playback.
- Add encoded files to global "recently used files".
- Implement new theming engine, allow custom themes / colours in Preferences.
- Fix bug with layout reloading after crash.
- Fix bugs in setting in/out points in multitrack.
- Fix showing of textbuffer parameters in effect windows (regression).
- Fix possible minor memory leak when applying inplace effects (regression).
- Fix crash / bug in MIDI / joystick learner.
- Fix bug which prevented OSC clip changes during recording.
- Rewrite keyboard handler, fixing keyboard repeat for ctrl-arrow keys.
- Allow for slightly longer strings in LiVES libOSC.
- Improvements to edge detect and onedTV filters.
- Compatibility updates for ffmpeg 2.9+
- Add qtrle format and quality settings to ffmpeg_encoder.
- Add new VJ keys: ctrl-alt-space (change direction of background clip), ctrl-alt-page-up/down (adjust speed of background clip)
- Major code cleanup and optimisations.
- Minor compilation fixes for gtk+ 2.x
- Fix bug in finding of "Next filter map" in multitrack.
- Updated translation to Ukranian (thanks Yuri Churnoivan).
- Updated translation to Brazilian Portuguese.