This is the version history page for LiVES. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 2.10.2 (Jan 10, 2019)
- Version 2.10.1 (Dec 24, 2018)
- Version 2.10.0 (Sep 6, 2018)
- Version 2.8.9 (Mar 16, 2018)
- Version 2.8.8 (Mar 12, 2018)
- Version 2.8.7 (Jun 30, 2017)
- Version 2.8.6 (May 24, 2017)
- Version 2.8.5 (Apr 28, 2017)
- Version 2.8.3 (Dec 29, 2016)
- Version 2.8.1 (Oct 24, 2016)
- Version 2.8.0 (Sep 4, 2016)
- Version 2.6.8 (Sep 1, 2016)
- Version 2.6.7 (Aug 20, 2016)
- Version 2.6.5 (Aug 15, 2016)
- Version 2.6.4 (Aug 8, 2016)
- Version 2.6.3 (May 9, 2016)
- Version 2.6.1 (Mar 28, 2016)
- Version 2.6.0 (Feb 2, 2016)
- Version 2.4.7 (Jan 18, 2016)
- Version 2.4.6 (Dec 20, 2015)
- Version 2.4.5 (Dec 3, 2015)
- Version 2.4.4 (Nov 23, 2015)
- Version 2.4.2 (Sep 16, 2015)
- Version 2.4.0 (May 4, 2015)
- Version 2.2.8 (Feb 9, 2015)
- Version 2.2.7 (Dec 22, 2014)
- Version 2.2.5 (Jul 1, 2014)
- Version 2.2.4 (Apr 21, 2014)
- Version 2.2.3 (Apr 14, 2014)
- Version 2.2.0 (Dec 2, 2013)
- Version 2.0.6 (Oct 7, 2013)
- Version 2.0.2 (Apr 8, 2013)
- Version 1.3.12 (Dec 12, 2011)
- Version 1.4.7 Beta (Oct 16, 2011)
- Version 1.4.4 Beta (Jun 15, 2011)
- Version 1.0.10 (Oct 16, 2010)
- Version 1.0.9 (Mar 5, 2010)
- Version 1.0.8 (Dec 29, 2009)
- Version 1.0.7 (Dec 28, 2009)
- Version 1.0.6 (Nov 17, 2009)
- Version 1.0.5 (Oct 28, 2009)
- Version 1.0.4 (Oct 17, 2009)
- Version 1.0.3 (Sep 29, 2009)
- Version 1.0.2 (Sep 12, 2009)
- Version 1.0.1 (Sep 10, 2009)
- Version 1.0-pre2 (Jul 8, 2009)
- Version 0.9.9.8 (May 2, 2009)
- Version 0.9.8-pre1 (Oct 31, 2006)
- Version 0.9.7 (Sep 29, 2006)
- Version 0.9.7-pre2 (Sep 9, 2006)
- Version 0.9.7-pre1 (Aug 30, 2006)
- Version 0.9.6 (Jul 23, 2006)
- Version 0.9.6-pre4 (Jun 11, 2006)
- Version 0.9.6-pre3 (May 20, 2006)
- Release Date: Jan 10, 2019
- Fix serious bug in lives_popen() - may prevent saving of new sets.
- Add in part of the fix for multi_encoder3 which was overlooked in 2.10.1
- Fix regression in get_extension().
- Fix regression in get_frame_count().
- Add new icons.
- Update copyright years.
- Correctly reset video playback plugin after cancelling quick transcode.
- Improved youtube downloading.
- Release Date: Dec 24, 2018
- Fix regressions in rendering of internal audio.
- Fix frame rate when rendering after recording from generator plugins.
- Fixes for showing time remaining in progress dialog (partial regression from 2.10.0)
- Fix invisible window pre external window capture (regression).
- Fix regression in some preview displays in the clip editor.
- Fix preview for Compositor effect in multitrack.
- Fixes for Record External Audio.
- Fix regression in sending audio to audio triggered video generators (milkdrop, libvisual).
- Sort plugins alphabetically within packages.
- Ensure playback does not stop too soon in autolives mode.
- Fix audio fade in / out, using smaller chunk sizes.
- Allow effect output parameters to feed to internal macros, similar to MIDI / joystick controller.
- Improve effect previews in multitrack mode.
- Make the display mask colour/opacity configurable in Trim Frames / Add Border tool.
- When an original clip is not found, allow the user to retry as well as browse - to allow for unmounted disks, etc.
- Add menu option: VJ / Pre-decode all frames.
- Improve pulse audio sync when recording / playing from external audio.
- Create set lock file in correct location during crash recovery.
- Improve timing accuracy of realtime recording.
- Fix crash in subtitle rendering.
- Fix syntax problems with multi_encoder3 for python3.
- Fix some problems with jack audio playback.
- Release Date: Sep 6, 2018
- Fix regression issues with youtube download.
- Ensure audio waveform is redrawn after running fade audio.
- Fix crash when adjusting cross-linked real time effect parameters (e.g LADSPA effects).
- Fix an instability caused by NULL messages in the message cache (regression).
- Fix possible crash when the real time effect parameters window is open during rendering.
- Fix hang when clearing matches in the MIDI / JS learner window (GUI issue).
- Improve the MIDI / JS tab in Preferences.
- Add pref for creating a dummy alsa MIDI output port.
- Add "OMC notify" to MIDI / JS mapper (MIDI -> OSC, sends USER1 notify event to all listeners).
- Code cleanup. Standard checkbuttons and check menuitems now have their state set in the creation function.
- Remove "use_mnemonic" parameter for widget functions. Use widget_opts.mnemonic_labels instead.
- Amend the autolives toy so it can be triggered via OSC (and move to vj menu, add startup options).
- MIDI channel can now used as a filter instead of a parameter to be matched.
- Device mappings can now be shipped with builds.
- Improved a/v synch with pulse audio.
- Correct some minor GUI issues.
- -noset startup option now has a permanent effect.
- Add -asource [internal | external] startup option.
- Fix bug in setting loop mode via OSC.
- Fix broken framerate after pause / unpause during realtime playback.
- Updated translation to Czech (thanks to Pavel Borecki).
- Release Date: Mar 16, 2018
- Fix dataloss and crash issues from 2.8.8
- Release Date: Mar 12, 2018
- Fix "undo render to same clip" after rendering to selection.
- Add new libav_stream playback plugin (WIP).
- Set openGL playback plugin (if present) as the default for new installs.
- (Multi monitor support) always show dialog windows on the gui monitor.
- Re-enable audio recording from external sources (was inadvertantly disabled).
- Fix possible problems with layout reloading (regression).
- Reset to correct playback position when stop is pressed during / after pause (multitrack),
- Increase size of playback area in multitrack mode.
- Increase preview window size for video part open.
- Add quick transcode menu option (beta).
- Keep showing framebar when not playing (can be overriden in prefs).
- Show audio source in framebar (overridden by pref).
- Optimise redrawing of audio waveforms in clip editor.
- Implement external audio trigger for recording.
- Theme fixes for buttons.
- Various optimisations.
- Scale many widget sizes based on screen resolution.
- Fix crash in multitrack parameter adjustment for effects with repeated channels.
- Ctrl + mouse scroll can be used to zoom in / out in multitrack.
- Disable ctrl-q (quit) accelerator during playback to prevent accidental triggering.
- Updates for libav 3.5.
- Updated Ukrainian translation (Yuri Chernovian).
- Release Date: Jun 30, 2017
- Remove glad.h dependence on khr.
- Prompt for clip name when rendering to new clip.
- Fix autolives toy.
- Increase default frame size to 1024x768 for new installs.
- Allow override of frame size when encoding to ffmpeg / h264 format.
- Fix breakage in the threaded progress window.
- Updated Ukrainian translation (Yuri).
- Release Date: May 24, 2017
- Remove dependency on (deprecated) GLee.
- Show audio as volume levels in Clip Editor.
- Performance improvements for multitrack playback.
- Ensure that timeline track backgrounds are painted in multitrack (regression).
- Properly expand text width in the message info window.
- Improve zoom in multitrack (zooms around cursor rather than screen center).
- Prevent annyoing focus stealing when mt is backed up in the background.
- Fix broken audio fade in/out (regression).
- Fix external window capture (regression).
- Fix crash in palette conversions.
- Fix compilation issues with liblives scripting engine.
- Fix for keys being in multitrack fullscreen preview.
- Code reformatting and tidying (W.I.P)
- Release Date: Apr 28, 2017
- Fix audio loss when inserting without audio in clip editor (regression).
- Fix compiler error and warnings for gcc 7 (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=853520)
- Fix regression in mkv_decoder.
- Fix compiler warnings for openGL plugin.
- Change max seek allowed from 1 second to 2 seconds in avformat decoder.
- Update css state selectors for gtk 3.18+
- Experimental support for Wayland.
- Updated translation to Ukranian (thaks Yuri).
- Release Date: Dec 29, 2016
- Correct errors in cance Insert fix from 2.8.2
- Fix some minor issues with alarm timers.
- Fix trivial focus issue with Insert dialog in Clip Editor.
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2016
Vesion 2.8.1 (23 October 2016)
Fix various security issues on multi-user systems - see:
Fix audio length encoding bug:
Fix some compilation issues.
- Release Date: Sep 4, 2016
- Correct blank frame fix from 2.6.8 (add one to last frame).
- Fix coding error when centering windows.
- Correctly parse the path variables for frei0r, libvisual and ladspa.
- Set nicer defaults for RGBDelay effect.
- Release Date: Sep 1, 2016
- Fix bug which could result in blank frames / hang after deleting frames.
- Fix some internal issues with image types.
- Fix a crash after recording a generator and cancelling.
- Correctly remove layouts directory if the clips in a set are deleted.
- Print info text if libav decoder cannot find a usable pixel format.
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2016
- Fix breakage in single image loader (regression).
- Alter icon location to comply with LSB.
- Fix for older libav.
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2016
- Fix bug with multitrack startup not showing clip editor on switch (regression).
- Fix crash when statring in headless (nogui) mode (regression).
- Remove some debugging output from 2.6.4
- Update rte window after mapping effects via OSC.
- Add OSC commands /audio/source/set and /audio/source/get.
- Release Date: Aug 8, 2016
- Fix bugs with opening new audio (regression).
- Fix bug with yuv420p -> rgb palette conversions (regression).
- Better centering of dialogs in some window managers.
- Fix error with setting / resetting midi raw in Preferences.
- Fix crash when opening clips with older versions of libav.
- Minor compilation fixes.
- Updated translations to French and Ukranian.
- Release Date: May 9, 2016
- Fix bug which caused error moving sets with no layouts (regression).
- Optimise recording of generated frames.
- Fixes for recording audio from external pulse audio.
- Fix incorrect recognition of single jpeg/png as video (regression).
- Fix "Open Location" (regression).
- Use png rather than jpeg internally whenever possible.
- Improved support for mpv instead of mplayer.
- Add a few new effects ported from Toonz.
- Release Date: Mar 28, 2016
- Fix flickering in multi threaded palette conversion.
- Improved YUV / RGB palette conversions.
- Play selections should function even after switching clips, restarting playback.
- Add encoded files to global "recently used files".
- Implement new theming engine, allow custom themes / colours in Preferences.
- Fix bug with layout reloading after crash.
- Fix bugs in setting in/out points in multitrack.
- Fix showing of textbuffer parameters in effect windows (regression).
- Fix possible minor memory leak when applying inplace effects (regression).
- Fix crash / bug in MIDI / joystick learner.
- Fix bug which prevented OSC clip changes during recording.
- Rewrite keyboard handler, fixing keyboard repeat for ctrl-arrow keys.
- Allow for slightly longer strings in LiVES libOSC.
- Improvements to edge detect and onedTV filters.
- Compatibility updates for ffmpeg 2.9+
- Add qtrle format and quality settings to ffmpeg_encoder.
- Add new VJ keys: ctrl-alt-space (change direction of background clip), ctrl-alt-page-up/down (adjust speed of background clip)
- Major code cleanup and optimisations.
- Minor compilation fixes for gtk+ 2.x
- Fix bug in finding of "Next filter map" in multitrack.
- Updated translation to Ukranian (thanks Yuri Churnoivan).
- Updated translation to Brazilian Portuguese.
- Release Date: Feb 2, 2016
- Fix crash when applying rendered effects to virtual clips.
- Add h264/aac, wmv2, ffv1 and mjpeg encodings to ffmpeg_encoder.
- Fix memory leak in new style gdkpixbuf converter.
- Fix frame seek bug in avformat decoder with non-zero start time.
- Autoscroll "Show details" when encoding.
- Work around a gtk+ crash bug in GtkTextView with lots of text.
- Show missing libraries in ffmpeg_encoder.
- Show time remaining estimate for encoding for most encoder formats.
- OK / Cancel in the file chooser should immediately cancel any preview (regression).
- Add "Use current clip values" button when entering multitrack.
- Fix memory leak in pulseaudio input analysis.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2016
- Fix regression in "Insert Silence".
- Fix background colour for notebook tabs in multitack (gtk+ 3.x)
- Fix crash when entering Preferences dialog (GType error).
- Reshow timeline after hiding it.
- Update current time when clicking on timeline header in Multitrack (regression).
- Tested support for SDL 2.x (does not work)
- Trivial compiler fix for gtk+ 2.x
- Release Date: Dec 20, 2015
- Fix crashes and compatibility issues with gtk+ >= 3.16
- Fix a bug with missing clips when reloading layouts.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor compilation fixes.
- Updates to French translation (thanks Jean-Marc).
- Release Date: Dec 3, 2015
- Fix for undo after downsampling video (regression).
- Fix regression in resizing when encoding.
- Set default encoder to multi_encoder3 if python version >= 3.
- Fix some message translation issues in dialog windows.
- Fix missing audio issue after loading new audio for a clip.
- mplayer2 compatibility fix for ffmpeg_encoder.
- Minor fix for compiling without OSC.
- Remove support for transcode_encoder.
- Release Date: Nov 23, 2015
- Fix regression in audio resampling with sox.
- GUI improvements to joystick / midi learner for gtk+ 3.x
- GUI improvements for Events window.
- Add support for joystick analog stick control.
- Add improved warnings for letterboxing with missing imageMagick.
- Fix overwide Clip Info windows.
- Release Date: Sep 16, 2015
Version 2.4.2 (12 September 2015)
Fix crash after recording with pulseaudio external audio.
Fix possible crash when converting from YUV420 to UYVY / YUYV.
Fix memory issue in audio triggered video generators.
Fix buttons issue in the progress dialog (regression).
Fix occasional hang in shutdown via OSC.
Minor fixes for headless (nogui, noplaywin) modes.
Increase size of debug output window when encoding (Regression).
Fix for compiling without jack.
Fix crash in mask_overlay effect.
Fix some threading problems when running audio and video effects together.
Improve OSC responsiveness during playback.
Fixes for beat_detector, edge, vector_visualiser, and kaleidoscope plugins.
Fix latency issue with pulseaudio external input.
Fix for opening unicap device during playback.
Work around gtk+ bug for clips menu.
Implement OSC commands /audio/mute/set, /audio/mute/get, /audio/volume/set, /audio/volume/get and /clip/open/unicap.
Fixes / refactoring for firewire grabbing.
Re-enable button icons (via preference) and clean up stock button code.
- Release Date: May 4, 2015
- Implement workaround for expose event problems in gtk+ 3.10.
- Fix threading crash in multitrack.
- Fix invalid saving of layouts in multitrack.
- Fix sizes of scrolled windows inside dialog boxes (regression).
- Fix timeline start position for gtkgrid widget in multitrack.
- Fix "fade background mode" (b) so it looks nice again.
- Stability fix for expose event during startup.
- Stability fix for mkv_decoder with broken end frames.
- Implement C++ language bindings (liblives).
- Fixes for several smaller issues (Thomas Berger).
- Code cleanup / reformat.
- Updated translations to UK English, French, Galician, German, Russian and Simplified Chinese.
- Release Date: Feb 9, 2015
- Fix crash in Insert Frames (regression).
- Compilation fix for gtk+ 2.x
- Compilation fixes for freeBSD
- Add check for avformat_close_input in libav
- Fix crash in projectM plugin.
- Fix regression in x264_encoder.
- Fix audio codec bug in mencoder_encoder.
- Fix crash in "Show Details" after encoding failure.
- Fix regression in "Insert Silence" for clips with no existing audio.
- Check for avconv properly for Ubuntu in ffmpeg_encoder.
- Update dirac / multi_encoder to encode to dirac/vorbis/mkv.
- Add lossless dirac encoding.
- Updates to fix lives_mkv_encoder.
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2014
- Add support for audio triggered generators.
- Add support for projectM (milkdrop) generators.
- Improvements to openGL playback plugin.
- Add permanent inputs in jack and pulse audio when handling external audio.
- Fix bug in chroma_blend transition.
- Further code cleanup.
- Fix text width for "show VJ keys" window.
- Remove unnecessary deinterlacing from threaded player.
- Added OSC commands /clip/selection/rte_apply, /clip/undo and /clip/redo.
- Add libvisual plugins to correct submenu (regression).
- Minor fixes for the rfx builder window.
- Minor fixes for merge in clip editor.
- Release Date: Jul 1, 2014
- Fix crash (regression) in mpegts decoder.
- Add support for mplayer2.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2014
- Fix compiler errors from 2.2.3
- Fix GUI regression with gtk+ 3.0 < 3.8.0
- Release Date: Apr 14, 2014
- Run data processing plugins in both video and audio threads.
- Fix crash when loading device map (regression).
- Fix bug which prevented audio changes from being recorded when audio analysers are running.
- Updates for gtk+ >= 3.8.
- Define HAVE_AVFORMAT_FIND_STREAM_INFO in decplugin/Makefile.am
- Workaround for missing av_set_pts_info() in libav.
- Fix to handle changed option order in ffmpeg.
- Updated translations to Russian, Piemontese, Uk English, Spanish and Ukranian.
- Release Date: Dec 2, 2013
- Add new avformat_decoder.
- Optimisations for handling larger clips.
- Use threading for pulling frames from video clips.
- Much faster loading/saving of layouts in multitrack.
- Fix crash in swscale when frame width is not multiple of 4.
- Fix crash (regression) setting parameters in multitrack.
- Fix breakage in multiple image loading.
- Fix opening preview for quick opening clips.
- Fix bug in "delete frames" for virtual clips.
- Fix audio encoding in "Encode Selection"
- Fixes for letterbox mode playback.
- Compilation fixes for Debian Sid.
- Various improvements to rte window.
- Add "randomiser" data processing plugin.
- Improvements to colour correction and tvpic effects.
- Fix jack transport during playback (regression).
- Fix for saving data connection mappings.
- Implement multiple inputs per output in the data connector.
- Optimised thread locking between audio and video effects threads.
- Fix problems with setting defaults for colour values.
- Decoder plugin fixes for ffmpeg 2.2 (needs further testing).
- Preserve clip comments and renamed clip names between restarts (bugfix).
- Small fixes for rfx_builder window.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Add initial translation to Piemontese. (Simon Uslengh).
- Updated translations to UK English, German, Russian and Ukranian.
- Release Date: Oct 7, 2013
- Add new "clip thumbnails window" for dual head mode.
- Add "Activated" and "Activate" pseudo-parameters in data connection mapper (in progress).
- Fix bug (regression) with "clear" button in rte mapping window.
- Fix possible issue with OSC constants lookups.
- Add "kaleidoscope" realtime effect.
- Fix crash when resetting playback speed and no audio is playing.
- Enable "wrap" for relevant parameters when using keyboard control.
- Fix vertical spacing error for radiobuttons in parameter windows.
- Updated translation to Ukranian.
- Release Date: Apr 8, 2013
- Fix compilation error in widget-helper.h
- Fix compilation error in composite.
Version 1.4.7 Beta
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2011
- Stop PAL formats changing to NTSC in x264 encoder.
- Fix bug to add fewer blank lines to ~/.lives file.
- Do not show "Loaded subtitles" message when subtitles are not loaded.
- Move correct pointer (start or end) when the timeline is clicked in longer files.
- Fix important bug with audio shifting when leaving/re-entering multitrack mode.
- Fix antialias option in Preferences (regression).
- Fix buttons in Frame Calculator (regression).
- Fix updating of parameters with fileread textfields.
- Restore missing rte plugins which were omitted from the last release.
- Fix device listing for vloopback output plugin.
- Add new omc commands: /lives/constant/value/get, /video/loop/set,
- Try to force showing of vpp advanced and parameter dialogs on GUI screen.
- Fix bugs in append_audio (regression).
- Fix undo/redo effect in multitrack (regression)
- Fix broken opening of float and reverse endian audio.
- Fix hang when applying effect to a single frame in a virtual clip.
Version 1.4.4 Beta
- Release Date: Oct 16, 2011
- Instant opening of asf (wmv) files.
- Fix broken opening of float and reverse endian audio. *
- Implement enable/disable of individual decoder plugins in Preferences.
- Complete translation to Japanese (Takashi Sakamoto, Shunshi Kurose and others).
- Updated translations to Ukranian, Spanish and Polish.
- Release Date: Jun 15, 2011
- Fix compilation problem for missing linux/videodev.h
- Fix important bug with audio shifting when leaving/re-entering multitrack mode. *
- Add support for spacial multithreading in effects plugins.
- Fix antialias option in Preferences (regression). *
- Fix buttons in Frame Calculator (regression). *
- Fix updating of parameters with fileread textfields. *
- Add new oggstream playback plugin.
- Add new realtime effects: RGB_delay, YUV_delay and mask_overlay.
- Updated translations to Brazilian Portuguese, German,
- Japanese and Ukranian.
- * = backported to 1.3.12 (stable version)
- Release Date: Oct 16, 2010
- Backported fixes from development branch.
- Release Date: Mar 5, 2010
- Various fixes backported from 1.2.0
- Release Date: Dec 29, 2009
- Fix minor multitrack compositor issue.
- 1.1.8 (Test Version)
- Fix regression with encoding with audio.
- Fix minor multitrack compositor issue.
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2009
- Set encoder output format correctly on first startup.
- Fix problems when mt compositor/transition has 0 input frames.
- Minor compilation updates for OSX and others.
- Resample/undo resample was leaving extra frames in clip.
- Fix some very rare crash conditions.
- Release Date: Nov 17, 2009
- Fix crash when recording with audio gets activated during silent clip.
- Fix compilation with ENABLE_JACK undefined. (thanks Holgero).
- Fix warnings from gcc 4.4
- Release Date: Oct 28, 2009
- Fix libvisual startup crash (regression).
- Fix multitrack effects breakage (regression).
- Fix set locking with symlinked executable.
- Fix handling of characters " and \ in string parameters.
- Always show Tools->Generators submenu.
- Fix memory leak in rendered effect preview.
- Plug some minor memory leaks.
- Fixes for Darwin compilation.
- Release Date: Oct 17, 2009
- Fade audio out was skipping last frame in selection.
- Fix some minor memory leaks.
- libweed: add missing weed_deinit_f to weed.h
- libweed: fix for free and copy 0 length data
- Fix a crash when autoreloading layouts.
- Set correct filename in "File -> Save..." (regression).
- Fade audio in/out should not be active with no file loaded.
- Do not remove recovery files for other users.
- Release Date: Sep 29, 2009
- Fix a bug relating to reloading of multitrack audio tracks.
- Fix radix issue in mjpegtools encoder (thanks Doug).
- Fix multitrack audio mixer (regression).
Undoing load new audio should restore original audio.
- Fix build error for BSD.
- Release Date: Sep 12, 2009
- Fix startup crash when loading frei0r plugins.
- Fix hang/crash in rfx builder rebuild.
- Fix strange error message when cancelling "load device map".
- Release Date: Sep 10, 2009
- Fix crash when loop continuous is pressed with no file loaded.
- Fix MIDI/js device load/save for 64 bits.
- Fix possible crash in MIDI/js learner.
- Fix controller matching bug in MIDI/js learner.
- Fix oversized constants in jack connection timeout.
- Fix occasional freeze in background clip.
- Encoder pixel block size bugfix.
- Fix broken audio in encode selection.
- Fix some file open checks in omc-learn.c
- Correctly show effect keys > 10 in effect mapper.
- Remove ancient debian and redhat files.
- Updated translations for Brazilian Portuguese, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Release Date: Jul 8, 2009
- Fix Tools/Resize (regression).
- Fix crash when clicking anchor in multitrack (regression).
- Allow opening of dv files > 2GB.
- Fix for a/v sync problem in large dv files.
- Add preference to create symlinks only in /tmp (required for dynebolic).
- Fix encoding error in mencoder_encoder (regression).
- Fix layout memory estimation error (was causing crash in mt undo/redo).
- New theme (crayons) for 1.0
- Suppress error when no theme is selected (regression)
- Complete fix for non-C locale encoding.
- Initial translation to Slovak (thanks Milboy).
- Updated Japanese, German, Spanish, Russian, Czech, and Italian translations.
- Release Date: May 2, 2009
- Fix track visibility when on video track > 0 (regression).
- Right click in separate window will save frame (regression).
- Improved usability of audio_transition.
- Fix crash in text parameters (regression).
- Improved handling of jack startup problems.
- Fix mt time selection with mouse mode select.
- Implement several new OMC commands for the background clip.
- Audio fade in/out can now be applied to the selection.
- Remove redundant "bgcolour" preference.
- Add initial Turkish translation (thanks to "gamer").
- Release Date: Oct 31, 2006
- Add audio track and audio preferences to multitrack window.
- Fix a layout save/load bug.
- Fix trim_frame/add border (so it adds a border again)
- Allow recording of audio events.
- Fix undo cut after speed-changed audio has been deleted
- Release Date: Sep 29, 2006
- Multitrack effect fixes.
- Show effects at frame
- Edit effect
- Delete effect
- Allow deletion of parameter change at time 0.
- Reorder effects
- Adjust region using spinbuttons
- Further file loading improvements.
- Fix memory errors affecting some systems (gdk-pixbuf hack).
- Copy selection -> timecode and vice-versa.
- Release Date: Sep 9, 2006
- Make switching audio players easier.
- Fixed a few crash bugs.
- Multitrack improvements:
- Dragging a clip to before start will insert it at time 0.
- Shift-left-arrow and shift-right-arrow move left and right 1 frame
- Zoom in/zoom out in multitrack.
- Jump to boundary now uses 2 keys
- Implement auto effect preview option
- Implement autoreload clip set, and autoreload layout
- Fix for exporting projects which are not in a set.
- Keep disk cleaner (remove empty sets).
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2006
- Fix for appending clips to an existing set
- Add realtime deinterlace filter
- Fix some bugs with setting filter parameters in multitrack
- Add "apply effect to region" in multitrack
- Add support for applying transitions in multitrack
- Add support for loading files with "strange" audio values
- Improved file opening
- Add support for compositors in multitrack
- Add multirect special widget
- Release Date: Jul 23, 2006
- Add drag'n'drop in the multitrack window.
- Prompt to save layout on multitrack exit.
- Double click on clip opens it in clip editor
- Add multi-level "undo"/"redo" in multitrack window.
- Multitrack preferences : prompt for encoder or use a default
- Multitrack preferences : memory for undo/redo
- Multitrack preferences : return to clip editor after rendering
- Move block, split block
- Toggle for "Move effects with blocks"
- Prompt to save clip set on exit
- Move load_set, add close all clips
- Export/Import Project
- Add lives-dvgrab
- If jack is present on first startup, it will be set as default audio player
- Mouse mode: select
- Remove all gaps in selection
- Remove first gap in selection
- Snap on/off
- Select to end time
- Select from zero time
- Fix regression with saving/loading effect defaults.
- Add "auto" audio listener for libvisual plugins.
- Release Date: Jun 11, 2006
- Further improvements to image opening
- Fix hang when switching audio player to jack if jack is not started
- Code cleanup
- Multitrack improvements (apply effect to selected block; save layout; load layout; set parameter nodes in effects)
- Add multi_blends realtime transition pack.
- Prevent spurious double messages from being shown in the message area.
- Rationalise clip headers and sets.
- Implement set locking while set in use.
- Add crash recovery feature.
- Optimise "delete all audio".
- Allow recording of effect parameter changes.
- Provide interpolation of effect parameter changes for rendering and playback.
- Show time estimates on most operations.
- Pre-encode bugfixes.
- Prompt for encoder settings when saving a clip.
- Release Date: May 20, 2006
- Begin moving up to gtk+-2.4
- Add colourkey and vertigo realtime effects
- Add initial jack audio support
- Fix resampling problem (mono/stereo)
- Updates to encoder plugins (thanks Marco !)
- Fix image opening regression
- Fix gcc-4 crash with colour parameters
- Allow longer "filenames" for streams