This is the version history page for Kino, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 1.3.4 (Sep 8, 2009)
- Version 1.3.3 (Jan 30, 2009)
- Version 1.3.2 (Aug 21, 2008)
- Version 1.3.1 (Aug 13, 2008)
- Version 1.3.0 (Feb 26, 2008)
- Version 1.1.1 (Aug 7, 2007)
- Version 1.1.0 (Jul 24, 2007)
- Version 1.0.0 (Mar 12, 2007)
- Version 0.9.5 (Jan 16, 2007)
- Version 0.9.4 (Dec 25, 2006)
- Version 0.9.3 (Nov 1, 2006)
- Version 0.9.2 (Sep 1, 2006)
- Version 0.9.1 (Aug 23, 2006)
- Version 0.9.0 (Jun 6, 2006)
- Version 0.8.1 (Apr 17, 2006)
- Release Date: Sep 8, 2009
- New Slovenian translation
- Build and export fixes
- Release Date: Jan 30, 2009
- New DVD Video authoring script that launches the Brasero burning application
- New export script for the PLAYSTATION 3
- New Chinese (Traditional) translation
- Updated Catalan translation
- Bug fixes
- Release Date: Aug 21, 2008
- Just some build-related fixes.
- Release Date: Aug 13, 2008
- Added HuffYUV AVI export
- Added option not to recover to the crash detection dialog
- New Belarusian translation by Hleb Valoshka
- Updated Finnish and French translations
- Bug fixes
- Release Date: Feb 26, 2008
- Updated export scripts for ffmpeg changes (x264, mp3)
- Improved speed on SMP systems by enabling FFmpeg multi-threaded codecs
- Improved import (DV conversion) progress dialog
- Added gstreamer-based Ogg Theora to the blip.tv publishing script
- Added quality level option to the blip.tv publishing script
- Updated Hungarian translation
- Added Ukranian translation by Yuri Chornoivan
- Release Date: Aug 7, 2007
- bugfix segfault on crash recovery with gtk+ version < 2.11
- Release Date: Jul 24, 2007
- Heavily updated English user manual
- Major performance improvement in player engine when frame dropping enabled
- Updated export scripts to improve compatibility
- New Catalan translation
- Release Date: Mar 12, 2007
- New http://blip.tv/ uploading feature for movies and still frames! Watch a screencast for more information.
- Fixed audio handling on big endian CPU architectures (thanks, Pavel Fedin)
- Improved generic video import script when using mencoder: faster, no bulky intermediate file, less compatibility problem between mencoder and ffmpeg, and retains interlacing in ITU-R 601 sources
- Added support for X-Keys Editor USB Jog/Shuttle (thanks, Shawn Rutledge)
- Added support for Jog/Shuttle to FX (jog wheel and button actions that scrub only--no shuttle ring support)
- The USB Jog/Shuttle hotplug integration was changed to use udev. The new configure option is --enable-udev-rules-dir, which defaults to $sysconfdir/udev/rules.d/ The following configure options were removed: --enable-hotplug-script-dir, --enable-hotplug-usermap-dir
- Added private copy of ffmpeg source code for static linking with new configure options: --enable-local-ffmpeg(=yes by default), or --disable-local-ffmpeg NOTE: This option builds a statically linked, kino-specific version of the ffmpeg transcode utility named 'ffmpeg-kino' that is invoked by the Kino import script. ffmpeg-kino contains a bugfix for reading the audio on imported files. However, when --enable-local-ffmpeg=no, then the import script uses the normal ffmpeg found in the PATH.
- Updated Italian translation
- bugfixes, of course
- Release Date: Jan 16, 2007
- New Levels video filter replaces Gamma with keyframing of brightness, contrast, gamma, hue, saturation, value, and white balance (colour temperature with colour picker and green cast).
- Updated translations: French, Czech, Danish.
- Debut of French online help created using new web-based collaborative docbook authoring system.
- Release Date: Dec 25, 2006
- New KinoPlus-based FX plugins: Colour Average, Charcoal, Gamma, Jerky, Pan & Zoom, Pixelate, Composite Transition, Blue and Green Chroma Key
- New Fade In and Fade Out video filters
- Added non-WAV file support to audio filters Dub and Mix when you have ffmpeg and oggdec installed
- New Audio Gain filter with curve control
- Added curve controls to audio filters Dub and Mix
- Improved FX preview with multithreaded frame dropping (much better audio)
- Improved playback in Edit with frame dropping enabled
- Improved consistency and usability of FX user interface through tooltips, labels, and percentage-oriented widgets
- Added recent files (projects only) to File menu
- New docbook-based manual with collaboration website: http://www.kinodv.org/docbook/
- Internationalisation support for online help (translations pending)
- Online help now uses Yelp under GNOME to view docbook XML and Konqueror under KDE to view docbook-converted HTML
- New crash auto-recover feature that restores undo history (stored in $HOME/.kino-history)
- Updated translations: French, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Czech, Hungarian, Russian.
- Added automatic widescreen and proper PAL support to Export/Other scripts
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2006
- Bugfix SMIL 2.0 parsing on numeric locales not using period as decimal point.
- Update FFMPEG export scripts to support latest version.
- Added SRT subtitle SaveAs option that supports user metadata.
- FX/Audio Transitions Dub and Mix now under Audio Filter.
- Improved Type 2 AVI parser.
- Automatically stop capture at end-of-tape (when AV/C enabled).
- Russian translation update.
- various bugfixes and cleanups.
- Release Date: Sep 1, 2006
- some critical bug fixes
- Release Date: Aug 23, 2006
- Many bugfixes due to recent changes (0.7.1 - 0.9.0).
- W3C SMIL 2.0 compliance in project file format. (Save As dialog supports saving to legacy XML format.)
- Export/MPEG can output audio as AC-3 if you have ffmpeg with AC-3 encoding enabled by specifying "ffmpeg" in the Advanced Options/Audio Encoding entry.
- Export/MPEG can encode video only by setting the Advanced Options/Audio Encoding entry blank.
- Export/MPEG/Advanced values are saved between sessions (maximum 512 characters each).
- configure script now requires explicit --with-dv1394 if building without libiec61883 to make deprecation warning more obvious.
- Release Date: Jun 6, 2006
- Improved FX preview with enhanced interactivity
- Bugfixes to Export as a result of resampling changes in v0.8.1.
- Added third generation, simplified IEEE 1394 I/O via libiec61883. (dv1394 is still available when libiec61883 is not detected at configure step of build process. Also, one can force the usage of dv1394 rather than libiec61883 by using configure --with-dv1394.)
- Release Date: Apr 17, 2006
- Improved FX preview with enhanced interactivity
- Automatic dvdauthor, burning, and 'Q' DVD-Author integration
- Implemented locked audio in Export. This resolves a long-standing audio/video synchronization drift problem at Export when using DV sources with unlocked audio (consumer DV).
- Improved DV Pipe export scripts including new mencoder-based XviD
- Support for KINO_HOME environment variable as the location to store user-local configuration (kinorc) and scripts. (Default config file location is still ~/.kinorc.)
- User scripts in $KINO_HOME (default $HOME/kino) now follow the same directory structure and file name conventions as installed scripts:
- exports/* - extends Export/DV Pipe
- dvdauthor/* - extends Export/MPEG/dvdauthor processing
- import/media.sh - overrides default video import script
- publish/project.sh - defines File/Publish SMIL behaviour
- publish/frame.sh - defines File/Publish Still behaviour
- Added German translation (Tino H. Seifert and Martin Bruns)
- Updated Czech translation
- various bug fixes and UI cleanups