This is the version history page for DGMPGDec, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 1.5.8 (Mar 7, 2010)
- Version 1.5.7 (Nov 27, 2009)
- Version 1.5.6 (Nov 6, 2009)
- Version 1.5.5 (Jun 6, 2009)
- Version 1.5.4 (Feb 10, 2009)
- Version 1.5.3 (Oct 28, 2008)
- Version 1.5.2 (Jul 16, 2008)
- Version 1.5.1 (Jul 6, 2008)
- Version 1.5.0 (May 26, 2008)
- Version 1.5.0 RC5 (Apr 17, 2008)
- Version 1.5.0 RC4 (Apr 8, 2008)
- Version 1.5.0 RC3 (Mar 4, 2008)
- Version 1.5.0 RC2 (Dec 13, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 RC1 (Dec 10, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 13 (Nov 13, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 12 (Nov 10, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 11 (Nov 8, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 10 (Nov 2, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 8 (Oct 25, 2007)
- Version 1.5.0 Beta 7 (Oct 22, 2007)
- Release Date: Mar 7, 2010
- Fixed a problem that caused DGIndex to crash with some pathological streams.
- Release Date: Nov 27, 2009
- Fixed pitch problems in DGDecode postprocessing.
- Added indexing progress reporting to stdout.
- Release Date: Nov 6, 2009
- Added Unix-style CLI parsing. The legacy parsing is also supported. The new parsing allows for commas and spaces within file name.
- Revised the audio header emulation check to prevent it fromrejecting some valid audio.
- Increased the timeout for finding transport packets from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Properly ignore some program stream filler packets that do not specify the correct packet length.
- When a new transport stream is loaded without exiting DGIndex, the PIDs are now re-determined (without requiring the user to reset them as was previously the case).
- Fixed a bug in which normalization was being used erroneously when demuxing audio (could happen if you were decoding AC3 to WAV with Normalization enabled and then you set the mode to demux audio without unchecking the Normalization option).
- Fixed a bug in the Cropping dialog such that the height field was not properly set after changes were made.
- Improved reliability of stream type detection upon file open.
- Release Date: Jun 6, 2009
- Added an option to display HD full sized in DGIndex.
- Fixed a bug in PAT/PMT parsing.
- Modified the video demultiplexing so that any video data before the first sequence header
is discarded. This avoids creating demuxed streams that can't be opened by some applications.
Previously this could happen if the source stream had a bad cut at the beginning.
- Release Date: Feb 10, 2009
- Added a File/Close menu option.
- Added a Video/Copy frame to clipboard option.
- Fixed a problem with video demultiplexing that caused frames to be lost at the start of the stream.
- Added a Sequence field to the Info dialog. It shows the state of the progressive_sequence flag. Also modified the strings printed for Frame Type and Frame Struct. See the users manual for details.
- Release Date: Oct 28, 2008
- Version 1.5.3 is a patch release that fixes a problem with stream detection, fixes a problem with video demuxing, adds mousewheel support, and adds a -RG option to the CLI (define project range).
- Release Date: Jul 16, 2008
- Version 1.5.2 is a patch release that fixes a problem with stream detection.
- Release Date: Jul 6, 2008
- A patch release that fixes a problem with stream detection
Version 1.5.0 RC5
- Release Date: May 26, 2008
- Fixed display of field order for field structure streams.
- Fixed bug: Open file, Save Project, then File -> Open -> OK gives an error messge.
- Fixed bug: Save project with decode AC3 to WAV. Repeat that. Each time the WAV file becomes longer. The size was not reset to zero.
Version 1.5.0 RC4
- Release Date: Apr 17, 2008
- The Full Paths option is now honored for CLI invocation.
- Fixed the audio delay calculation, timestamps dump, and analyze sync tool for streams that do not contain GOP headers.
- The analyze sync tool now prompts for the audio ID instead of a track number.
- Fixed incorrect audio demuxing when demuxing audio only.
Version 1.5.0 RC3
- Release Date: Apr 8, 2008
- Don't check for field order transitions for streams with only frame repeats.
- Use lowest numbered audio ID to expand __aud__ instead of the first audio stream encountered in the source files.
- Fix parsing with log timestamps enabled.
- Correct handling of default matrix coefficients for hints.
- Add option for beeping and focusing when save project finishes.
- Save BMP is now enabled during play/preview.
- Fix regression in transport stream detection.
Version 1.5.0 RC2
- Release Date: Mar 4, 2008
- Demuxed MPEG audio files are now given the extension mp1/mp2/mp3 depending on the audio layer. The old behavior can be enabled via an INI file option (see users manual).
- Transport packet resync and M2TS file detection were made more robust.
- Fixed a bug in the Log Timestamps function, whereby a video DTS value was incorrectly shown as a PTS value.
- Fixed a bug in demuxing of DTS audio from transport streams.
- The aspect ratio field of the Info dialog now shows the raw value of the field as well as the corresponding string.
- The display size from a sequence_display_extension is now shown in the Info dialog. This, together with the change above, allows the sample aspect ratio (SAR) to be inferred, according to the MPEG2 specification.
- A default path for saving BMPs can now be specified.
- Fixed a bug whereby tracks selected for demuxing in the INI file were not actually enabled for demuxing until the track selection dialog was saved. Now they are honored on startup as they should be.
- Fixed the CLI to also parse for the = sign at the end of the options to avoid false option detection. E.g., the substring '-aif' anywhere in a file name would be parsed as an option specification.
- Other miscellaneous CLI parsing bugs fixed.
- When doing a preview via the CLI, the playback speed is set to maximum.
- When a Play/Preview/Save Project Operation begins, the focus is now left on the main window. Previously, it annoyingly moved to the Info window.
Version 1.5.0 RC1
- Release Date: Dec 13, 2007
- Fixed a regression in RC1 for field structured streams that could cause a hang in DGDecode.
- The Info display now shows the picture coding type (I/P/B).
- Added an option to enable/disable the automatic log file generation (default is enabled).
- Added a maximum bitrate field to the Info display.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 13
- Release Date: Dec 10, 2007
- Leading B frames for field structure streams were not counted correctly, causing a possibility to display bad starting frames when serving with DGDecode. Fixed.
- Fixed possible crashes when exiting DGIndex while a play/preview is in progress.
- DGIndex no longer beeps and brings its window to the foreground when a Save Project operation is complete.
- The quants displayed by DGDecode's showQ=true did not match the avg/min/max values displayed for info=1 (the showQ display was not re-ordered for display order). Fixed.
- Only half a screenful of values were shown with showQ=true for field structure streams.
- The funny transparency for the showQ display was fixed.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 12
- Release Date: Nov 13, 2007
- Fixed problem whereby the automatic PID setting for transport streams used the last audio stream encountered instead of the first.
- Added an MRU list to the File menu.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 11
- Release Date: Nov 10, 2007
- Whenever the Info dialog is closed, a log file is created that contains the same information. This may be invoked by the CLI to silently query the nature of the input file. Please see the users manual for details.
- When a stream does not declare the colorimetry, matrix_coefficients=1 is assumed for HD video and matrix_coefficients=5 is assumed for SD video.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 10
- Release Date: Nov 8, 2007
- Fixed a problem that caused DGIndex to miss some audio streams. For example, if AC3 substream 0x80 was present, and MPA stream 0xC0 was present, both would be viewed as Track 1, and only the first one encountered would be detected. The concept of track number is removed (as it is a DVD-specific construct), and it is replaced with the concept of audio id. See the users manual for details.
- For MPEG audio streams, the Info dialog now shows full information: audio id, layer, number of channels, sampling rate, and bitrate. This information is also included in the filename of demuxed MPEG audio sreams.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 8
- Release Date: Nov 2, 2007
- An option was added to control how HD videos are displayed. You can now shrink by half (the previous behavior) or you can view any quadrant of the video. This allows the interlace structure of HD videos to be inspected.
Version 1.5.0 Beta 7
- Release Date: Oct 25, 2007
- The infamous GOP warning popup has been consigned to the dustbin of history. The D2V Parse log now shows the open/closed status of the GOPs, so if you need to know if your opening GOP is open, look there.
- The Info dialog position is no longer pegged to the main DGIndex window. It can be independently positioned and its position is saved and restored via the INI file.
- Release Date: Oct 22, 2007
- Added checks for extra robustness against emulated audio start codes for MPEG audio in program streams. This fixes some known streams with emulated audio start codes.