This is the version history page for DeVeDe. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version NG 4.9.0 (Apr 9, 2018)
- Version NG 4.8.12 (Jan 24, 2018)
- Version NG 4.8.5 (Nov 25, 2016)
- Version NG 4.8.2 (Sep 25, 2016)
- Version NG 4.8.0 (Aug 13, 2016)
- Version NG 4.7.1 (Jul 18, 2016)
- Version 4.2 (Aug 30, 2015)
- Version 3.23.0 (Oct 21, 2012)
- Version 3.22.0 (May 23, 2012)
- Version 3.21.0 (Dec 30, 2011)
- Version 3.20.0 (Dec 9, 2011)
- Version 3.19.0 (Nov 27, 2011)
- Version 3.18.0 (Nov 22, 2011)
- Version 3.16.9 Build 7 (Windows) (Nov 27, 2010)
- Version 3.17.0 (Nov 27, 2010)
- Version 3.16.9 Build 6 (Windows) (Sep 27, 2010)
- Version 3.16.9 Build 4 (Windows) (Aug 20, 2010)
- Version 3.16.9 Build 2 (Windows) (Aug 17, 2010)
- Version 3.16.9 (Jul 3, 2010)
- Version 3.16.8 Build 2 (Windows) (May 24, 2010)
- Version 3.16.6 Build 3 (Windows) (Apr 19, 2010)
- Version 3.16.8 (Apr 19, 2010)
- Version 3.16.7 (Apr 12, 2010)
- Version 3.16.6 Build 2 (Windows) (Apr 10, 2010)
- Version 3.16.6 (Mar 19, 2010)
- Version 3.16.5 (Mar 10, 2010)
- Version 3.16.4 (Feb 24, 2010)
- Version 3.16.3 (Feb 23, 2010)
- Version 3.16.2 (Feb 21, 2010)
- Version 3.16.0 (Feb 8, 2010)
- Version 3.15.2 (Dec 1, 2009)
- Version 3.15.1 (Nov 30, 2009)
- Version 3.15.0 (Nov 28, 2009)
- Version 3.12.3 (Aug 2, 2009)
- Version 3.14.0 (Jul 20, 2009)
- Version 3.13.1 (May 26, 2009)
- Version 3.13.0 (May 15, 2009)
- Version 3.12.2 (Feb 8, 2009)
- Version 3.12c (Jan 27, 2009)
- Version 3.12b (Jan 26, 2009)
- Version 3.12 (Jan 25, 2009)
- Version 3.11b (Aug 27, 2008)
- Version 3.11 (Aug 25, 2008)
- Version 3.10 (Aug 17, 2008)
- Version 3.9 (Jun 24, 2008)
- Version 3.8c (May 26, 2008)
- Version 3.8 (May 25, 2008)
- Version 3.7 (Apr 16, 2008)
- Version 3.6 (Dec 12, 2007)
- Version 3.5 (Dec 9, 2007)
- Version 3.4 (Nov 22, 2007)
- Version 3.3 (Oct 22, 2007)
- Version 3.2 (Sep 17, 2007)
- Version 3.1b (Sep 10, 2007)
- Version 3.1 (Sep 10, 2007)
- Version 3.01 (Jun 30, 2007)
- Version 3.0 (Jun 24, 2007)
- Version 2.13 (Apr 16, 2007)
- Version 2.12 (Feb 26, 2007)
- Version 2.11 (Feb 9, 2007)
- Version 2.10 (Jan 18, 2007)
- Version 2.9 (Jan 1, 2007)
- Version 2.8 (Dec 21, 2006)
- Version 2.7 (Dec 19, 2006)
- Version 2.6 (Oct 31, 2006)
- Version 2.5 (Oct 8, 2006)
- Version 2.4A (Oct 4, 2006)
- Version 2.4 (Sep 25, 2006)
- Version 2.3 (Sep 1, 2006)
- Version 2.2 (Aug 18, 2006)
- Version 2.1 (Jul 5, 2006)
- Version 2.0 (Jun 18, 2006)
- Version 1.6 (Jun 2, 2006)
- Version 1.5 (May 22, 2006)
- Version 1.4 (Mar 20, 2006)
Version NG 4.9.0
Version NG 4.8.12
- Release Date: Apr 9, 2018
- Fixed a division by 0 when it is not possible to get the original aspect ratio
- Added extra check for MSGFMT binary, needed to install Devede
Version NG 4.8.5
- Release Date: Jan 24, 2018
- Fixed the icons in the main window
Version NG 4.8.2
- Release Date: Nov 25, 2016
- Fixed a bug when loading a project file (thanks to RecursiveProgrammer)
- Updated the german translation
Version NG 4.8.0
- Release Date: Sep 25, 2016
- Fixed a problem when adding several subtitles to the same movie (thanks to Rocco Barisci)
Version NG 4.7.1
- Release Date: Aug 13, 2016
- Fixed a division by zero when a clip has a duration of less than one second
- Release Date: Jul 18, 2016
- Release Date: Aug 30, 2015
- Now can work with old and new versions of AVConv
- Release Date: Oct 21, 2012
- Added support for AVConv (the new FFMpeg conversion utility)
- Added fallback when the destination folder doesn't exists
- Added support for AC3_FIX for FFMpeg and AVConv
- Fixed preview from the "Menu options" window (thanks to TommyDKat)
- Added setup.py installation system (thanks to Matttbe)
- Release Date: May 23, 2012
- Allows to choose which coder use for videos and which for menus
- Allows to choose to use or not hyperthreading
- Set audio bitrate in menus to 192Kbps, and video bitrate to 2500Kbps
- Graceful degradation when the locale is unknown (thanks to Mattbe)
- Added setup.py as an installation method (thanks to Mattbe)
- Release Date: Dec 30, 2011
- Fixed a bug when creating a DVD with more than one page in its menu
- Now FFMpeg is the default backend
- Release Date: Dec 9, 2011
- Now copies all the audio tracks to the output when using FFMpeg
- Support for changing volume in FFMpeg
- Allows to change the margins in a DVD menu
- Fixed several dialogs that failed when answering "No"
- Support for getting the number of CPUs using the multiprocessing module, useful for *BSD users (thanks to Sean C. Farley)
- Fixed when the aspect ratio is NaN (thanks to Henry HebHardt)
- New background image (thanks to ArTuP)
- Added .m2ts extension as video file type
- Fixed french translation
- Added turkish translation
- Release Date: Nov 27, 2011
- Fixed bug with FFMPEG support that freeze Devede when using the last oficial version
- Drag and Drop support in KDE
- Allows to burn the ISO image directly after creating it (thanks to Eugeni Dodonov)
- Now checks that MP3LAME support is available when creating DivX with FFMPEG
- Now correctly sets the audio bitrate when creating DivX with FFMPEG
- Updated italian translation
- Minor bugfixes
Version 3.16.9 Build 7 (Windows)
- Release Date: Nov 22, 2011
- FFMpeg support
- Fixed menu previsualization
- Allows to automatically shutdown the computer when the job is done
- Always shows icons in buttons
- Fixed a bug that prevented returning to main window when aborting
- Release Date: Nov 27, 2010
Version 3.16.9 Build 6 (Windows)
- Release Date: Nov 27, 2010
- Fixed a bug in MKISOFS, when it shows decimals with a comman instead of a dot
- Defines the VIDEO_FORMAT environment variable, needed in current SPUMUX versions
- Added bugfix AC3_FIX for current MENCODER versions
- Other little bugfixes
Version 3.16.9 Build 4 (Windows)
- Release Date: Sep 27, 2010
- Re-enable subprocess threading. All deadlock issues should be solved with threading. This means that the progress bars should show the percentage complete at most stages.
Version 3.16.9 Build 2 (Windows)
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2010
- Fix more subtitle issue when converting to UTF-8.
- Build 3: Fixed issue with program locking up on subtitles.
- Release Date: Aug 17, 2010
- Turned off all subprocess threading on win32/win64 systems. This should result in the deadlock issue being fixed
- Percent complete is turned to pulsebars in this release because of the threads being turned off
Version 3.16.8 Build 2 (Windows)
- Release Date: Jul 3, 2010
- Added the license in the About dialog
- Added hungarian translation
Version 3.16.6 Build 3 (Windows)
- Release Date: May 24, 2010
- Updated cygwin from 1.5 to 1.7
- Release Date: Apr 19, 2010
- Release Date: Apr 19, 2010
- Fixed a bug which prevented to create VCD, sVCD and CVD
Version 3.16.6 Build 2 (Windows)
- Release Date: Apr 12, 2010
- Video info is updated when changing selection with arrow keys
- Allows up to 448Kbps for audio when using AC3
- Release Date: Apr 10, 2010
- Option to burn DVD after conversion. Uses the first DVD burner found and there are currently no configuration options for it
- Option to turn off computer after conversion finishes
- Release Date: Mar 19, 2010
- Buttons in main window now has a border, like all other buttons
- Desktop launcher now shows a much more HIG-compliant description
- Pressing RETURN key in Title properties and Create disc dialogs has the same effect than the Accept button
- Release Date: Mar 10, 2010
- Release Date: Feb 24, 2010
- Adjusts the audio bitrate to the nearest legal value supported in mencoder
- Release Date: Feb 23, 2010
- Allows blank spaces in the subtitles filename
- Release Date: Feb 21, 2010
- Fixed the audio bitrate when using 5.1 sound
- Fixed a hang when repacking MPEG files instead of reencoding them
- Fixed Galician translation
- Release Date: Feb 8, 2010
- Added support for two-pass encoding (thanks to Gustavo Sanchez)
- Added support for 64bit Windows
- Fixed a bug when importing old .devede files
- Fixed a bug that prevented to manually choose the aspect ratio
- Allows to change the final volume
- Now remembers the last output directory used, and the last subtitle language and codepage
- Added support for UTF-16 subtitles
- Autodetects ASCII, UTF-8 and UTF-16 subtitles
- Allows to create DVDs without menu
- Check if there's a /, | orin the file name
- Allows to force the subtitles by default
- Flush stdout and stderr at end, so it should finally allow to have full debugging info
- Several bugfixes for Windows version (thanks to Peter Gill)
- Release Date: Dec 1, 2009
- Improved debugging
- Release Date: Nov 30, 2009
- Fixed a bug when the program can't write the subtitle's XML file
- Added Miguel Bouzada to the list of translators
- Release Date: Nov 28, 2009
- Added -loop 1 in mplayer commands to avoid problems when the user has a mplayer.config file
- Changed shape of the main window to better fit wide screens
- Added support for OGG/Vorbis for menu sound
- Added new backgrounds (Thanks to Ben)
- Support for RMVB file extension
- Preview button now can hide the icon when global preferences says it
- When creating a DivX, if Default resolution is selected, won't touch size, nor aspect ratio, nor add bars
- Updated translation to French
- Updated translation to Galician
- Translation to Tradicional Chinese
- Support for filenames with double quotes (thanks to Christian)
- Allows to split a film in two disks in SVCD and CVD, not only in VCD
- Release Date: Aug 2, 2009
- Release Date: Jul 20, 2009
- Now doesn't add black bars when creating an NTSC disc from an 720x480 file without ASPECT RATIO parameter embedded
- Allows to repack a file as MPEG-PS without recompress the streams (useful to work with VOB files)
- Allows to swap the field order in interlaced videos
- Allows to change the subtitle's font size
- Now supports subtitle filenames with XML-reserved characters
- Supports all picture types for menu backgrounds (not only PNG)
- Now removes previous preview files if they already existed, when using LN
- Fixed free disk space calcule in Windows 2000 and the SetPriority function (thanks to Peter Gill)
- Adjusted the media sizes to ensure that the ISOs always will fit in the disc
- Now doesn't hangs when adding a video file in an unknown format
- Release Date: May 26, 2009
- Save as... option now works.
- The Title properties window closes when the user changes the action to do when the title ends. Fixed.
- When the $HOME/.spumux directory didn't exists, DeVeDe is unable to find the font for subtitles. Fixed.
- Added TTF-DEJAVU-CORE package in the DEB dependencies.
- Release Date: May 15, 2009
- Fixed the greek translation
- Doesn't fail when LANG is not defined
- Migration from LibGLADE to GtkBuilder
- Release Date: Feb 8, 2009
- Release Date: Jan 27, 2009
- Updated the french translation
- Updated file Changelog.Debian
- Release Date: Jan 26, 2009
- Fixed a bug in the french translation, and added italian translation
- Release Date: Jan 25, 2009
- Allows to add files with the characters <, > &, " and '
- When the user selects a directory in the menu, removes the preview, to avoid a bug.
- Now, when the output directory already exists, asks to the user before deleting it.
- New disc type selection window (thanks to Jonathan Estrella).
- Release Date: Aug 27, 2008
- Fixed some language issues in EL, PL, SK and SV locales.
- Release Date: Aug 25, 2008
- Now recovers the menu options when loading a disc structure
- Changed the appearance to make it more eye-candy
- Shows the menu's NTSC preview at the right size
- Shows right the menu's title tipography
- Added compatibility with GenISOimage
- Better code to avoid antialiasing when creating the menu entries
- Now limits the number of files to 61 to avoid problems with DVDAuthor
- Release Date: Aug 17, 2008
- Available official DEB packages.
- Now the user chooses a global format (PAL or NTSC) for videos and menus.
- Removed the limit of 12 titles; now can create discs with up to 90 titles and/or 90 files.
- Allows to add a title to the menu, and shadows to the menu texts.
- Allows to put the menu texts at the right, left or center.
- Now shows a preview of the selected picture when choosing the menu background.
- Added YADIF deinterlace filter support.
- Added contextual help.
- New background picture.
- Support for resolution of 160x128 pixels in DivX.
- Added a preview button in the Menu options window.
- Now hides the advanced options in the main window.
- Fixed the bug that made the menus to be shown only one second in some players.
- Now it always honours the PAL/NTSC menu type.
- Now,when creating a PAL disk from a 24fps source, DeVeDe speeds up it instead of adding one frame each 24, obtaining a more fluid animation.
- The silence sound file has been changed from WAV to MP3 to free some disk space.
- Fixed a little bug when using HD resolutions for DivX.
- Modified code to simplify adding new options to the DVD's menus.
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2008
- Due to the use of VRC_MINRATE option, sometimes the final disk size was bigger than the predicted. Fixed.
- Now remembers the directory from where the user added a movie file.
- Fixed the detection of the number of cores in the system.
- Adds the menu type (PAL or NTSC) when creating a menuless disk.
- Uses transparent pictures for the menus, ensuring that they work fine in more players.
- Removed CONVERT dependency (Thanks to Peter Gill).
- Release Date: May 26, 2008
- 3.8c: Now are really fixed the translation bugs
- 3.8b: Fixed a bug in the italian translation.
- 3.8b: Fixed a bug in the poland translation.
- Release Date: May 25, 2008
- Automatic video bitrate adjust, to ensure that the ISO or BIN/CUE image occupies the maximum size in the disk.
- Support for up to 32 subtitles tracks.
- Allows to specify the subtitle's language.
- Allows to choose the language to use when the original video contains several audio tracks.
- Added the L5 deinterlacing filter.
- Support for rotating and flipping the video.
- Muticore support.
- Allows to mix classic and widescreen videos in the same disk.
- High Definition support in DivX.
- Allows to Drag&Drop subtitles in the properties window, or to load a configuration file by Dragging&Dropping.
- By default uses a GOP of 12 frames to ensure maximum compatibility.
- Uses the Telecine parameter to improve quality in 24fps films.
- Allows to add extra parameters in -lavcopts, -vf and -lameopts.
- Now stores the status of the buttons for delete temporary files and to choose the action to do.
- Added an icon to all windows.
- More elegant menu system (based on code from Mojoholder)
- Allows to choose the colors and the position of the menus.
- Adjusted the maximum bitrate for DivX.
- Fixed a bug when Mplayer is compiled with --enable-color-console.
- Release Date: Apr 16, 2008
- Fixed a bug when runing in a system configured with Catalan language
- Now asks for confirmation when closing the disk type selection window
- The final size of the ISO image is now much more accurate
- Fixed some Win32 bugs (thanks to Peter Gill)
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2007
- Added a safe margin 5% in the occupied size, to have in mind the size needed by disk structures (like directories, file info and so on).
- Fixed a some bugs in poland translation.
- Fixed some windows compatibility bugs.
- Release Date: Dec 9, 2007
- Improved compatibility by using CGOP and SC_THRESOLD.
- Now uses a GOP of 15 frames instead of 18 when creating a NTSC, 24fps disc, as dictates the standard.
- Fixed a bug in italian translation which prevented the "Not enought disk space" message to be shown.
- Added translation to russian and greek.
- Release Date: Nov 22, 2007
- Allows to create DVDs with 5.1 sound
- Allows to use a GOP of 12 frames to improve compatibility with some broken DVD players
- Fixes a bug when creating VCD disks
- Fixed a bug which prevented to previsualizate in DIVX mode.
- Final code refactorization: finally the code is clean and maintenable.
- Release Date: Oct 22, 2007
- The EXPAND parameter in Mencoder now uses always an even offset to avoid some artifacts when the offset was odd.
- Fixed a bug when draging&dropping video files.
- Release Date: Sep 17, 2007
- Fixed a bug when using extra parameters with Mencoder
- Fixed pt_PT translation
- Fixed a bug with pl translation
- Release Date: Sep 10, 2007
- Fixed a little bug which prevented version 3.1 to run under Python 2.4.
- Release Date: Sep 10, 2007
- Fixed some problems under windows.
- Now returns to the main window after creating the disk.
- When opening the file selector, it filters the files by type, showing only the videos.
- When using the NEW menu option to clean the disk structure and start again, it asks the disk type again.
- Now, when loading a disk structure, if the disk type is different than the current selected, automatically changes to the new type.
- Added new translations.
- Added new icon (thanks to Jonah Naylor).
- Second major code refactorization to improve maintenability.
- License changed to GPL version 3.
- Release Date: Jun 30, 2007
- Added new patches for windows version.
- Removed the use of lower priority, because it made the conversion slower.
- Fixed a little bug when the final directory contains blank spaces.
- Added translation to Catala, and fixed the French one.
- Release Date: Jun 24, 2007
- Allows to add a menu to the DVD with a list of the titles and a custom background picture.
- Allows to save the current disc structure, in order to reutilize it, or continue working in other moment.
- Allows to choose up to 448kbit/sec for audio.
- Now asks before canceling a job.
- A little bigger font size for subtitles.
- When creating a DivX file, now it uses .AVI extension.
- Fixed a bug with non-UTF8 locales.
- Fixed a bug in the "Insuficient free space..." message. Now is shown translated.
- Fixed a bug when erasing conflicting files and directories.
- Fixed a bug when trying to create a DivX from a file with an original size equal to the final size.
- Now, when the conversion fails, it doesn't show a "Success" message.
- Release Date: Apr 16, 2007
- Added creation of MPEG4/DIVX files.
- Added swedish and slovak translations.
- Fixed some issues with translations (thanks to Marco de Freitas).
- Release Date: Feb 26, 2007
- New and more flexibles install and uninstall scripts (thanks to Patrick Monnerat).
- Added french translation.
- Fixed some issues with non-UTF8 systems (thanks to Marco de Freitas).
- Release Date: Feb 9, 2007
- Allows to specify the codepage for subtitles, allowing to use UTF-8 coded files (or with other codepages).
- Allows to put the subtitles a little upper, fine when using the ZOOM option in 16:9 TVs or with old CRT receivers
- When the original video has 24 fps and the destination is a NTSC DVD, DeVeDe will use 24000/1001 fps instead of 30000/1001.
- Now supplies all the needed data to SPUMUX, so subtitles in NTSC format will be full visible.
- Fixed some little bugs when erasing temporary files.
- Fixed some bugs in the main loop that sometimes hanged up the conversion process.
- Now shows a kind of progress numbers during subtitle adding and while creating the DVD structure.
- Now translates fine all the sentences in the interface.
- Now detects if DeVeDe has permissions to write in the destination directory when doing a preview.
- Now uses again MP2 instead of AC3 to ensure full compatibility.
- Now detects again when mencoder or spumux fails and shows an error message.
- Now really allows to abort the process while adding subtitles.
- Fixed some issues in Windows code (thanks again to Peter Gill).
- Added new translations into German and norwegian, and completed the old ones.
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2007
- Added italian translation.
- The INSTALL script didn't create the GNOME/KDE menu entry. Fixed
- Release Date: Jan 1, 2007
- Now DeVeDe can work under Windows (thanks to Peter Gill).
- Fixed some little bugs that prevented to use DeVeDe with some files taken from video capture cards.
- Fixed a bug with the Drag&Drop in the main window.
- Fixed a bug that prevented DeVeDe to detect errors in the execution of MKISOFS.
- Added a warning about VFAT/FAT32 partitions.
- Release Date: Dec 21, 2006
- Now only allows to create 16:9 DVDs when the final width is 720 pixels, and don't allow to create 16:9 VCDs, SVCDs or CVDs.
- Release Date: Dec 19, 2006
- Support for true DVD subtitles
- Can create 16:9 DVDs from widescreen videos
- Default MBD changed to 2 (slower but greater quality)
- Now installs in /urs/local
- Release Date: Oct 31, 2006
- When the video wasn't subdivided in chapters, the XML file was incorrect and DVDAuthor complained. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug when the output directory was no writable.
- Added translation for Portugues do Brasil
- Added a FAQ.
- Release Date: Oct 8, 2006
- Fixed another bug with directories and/or filenames with blank spaces.
- Added a workaround for a bug found in very old DVD Players, which can't play fast forward between the last chapter and the end of a file.
- Release Date: Oct 4, 2006
- Added translation to Czech
- Release Date: Sep 25, 2006
- Allows to specify that a file is already a DVD-compliant MPEG-PS file, so it won't be recompresed, but stored "as is" into the disc (usefull when you capture video from a TV capturer of other sources).
- Alows to deinterlace the video.
- Allows to choose the MacroBlock algorithm and use Trellis, to enhace the final picture quality.
- Allows to choose the directory for the temporary file used during preview, and remembers it.
- Before creating a new disc it erases the files with conflicting names in the destination directory.
- Allows to cancel the process during the creation of the BIN/CUE image of a VCD, SVCD or CVD.
- Added a VRC_MINRATE parameter when creating VCDs, SVCDs and CVDs, to ensure full compatibility.
- Changed the video bitrate for VCDs from 1150 to 1152, and the minimum video bitrate for SVCDs and CVD from 500 to 600.
- Ensures that the progress bar while converting a file is refreshed at least each two senconds.
- First major code refactorization to enhace the maintenability.
- Release Date: Sep 1, 2006
- In version 2.1 I added support for B frames, which produces problems with some DVD players. Fixed.
- Release Date: Aug 18, 2006
- Fixed a little bug
- Release Date: Jul 5, 2006
- Optimized some loops. Now DeVeDe is about 30% faster during video conversion.
- Now checks that you have enought free disk space.
- Allows to maintain the temporary files instead of deleting them.
- Fixed a litle bug with the erasing of temporary files.
- Release Date: Jun 18, 2006
- Now can create VideoCD, SuperVideoCD and China VideoDisks.
- Allows the user to override the default resolution and use the one he wants.
- Allows to pass custom commands to Mencoder, allowing to render subtitles, cut the file in chunks, select an audio stream when the file has two or more...
- Allows to change the order of the files and titles.
- Changed the position of some elements, making the interface a little more intuitive.
- The advanced features have been grouped, so novices will see only the most important options while advanced users can have access to a lot of extra functions with just a single click.
- Fixed a litle bug when a video header tells that it has an aspect ratio of 0 or 1.
- Installation more compliant with FreeDesktop and Debian normatives.
- Release Date: Jun 2, 2006
- Added support for resolutions 352x480 (in NTSC) and 352x576 (in PAL).
- Fully support for movies with aspect ratios different than 4:3 (now, with 16:9 movies it adds the right black bars to ensure that a circle IS a circle).
- Fixed a bug with audio/video sync when converting a PAL video to NTSC or vice-versa.
- Release Date: May 22, 2006
- Now works with video files without audio track.
- Transforms blank spaces in the generic filename to underscores (in previous versions, DeVeDe failed if a blank space was inserted).
- Fixed the translation to Galego.
- Added an uninstall script.
- Release Date: Mar 20, 2006
- Added Drag&Drop support.
- Translatable strings (currently supports english, spanish and galego).
- Set a default video rate based on the final resolution.
- Shows the elapsed time used to create de DVD.