This is the version history page for AC-3 ACM Codec. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 2.2 (Jul 22, 2012)
- Version 2.1 (Dec 23, 2011)
- Version 2.0 (Dec 22, 2011)
- Version 1.9 (Jul 17, 2011)
- Version 1.8 (Jul 11, 2011)
- Version 1.7 (Jul 2, 2011)
- Version 1.6 (Mar 20, 2011)
- Version 1.5 (Jan 18, 2010)
- Version 1.4 (Sep 23, 2007)
- Version 1.31 (May 15, 2006)
- Version 1.3 (May 12, 2006)
- Version 1.21 (Apr 18, 2006)
- Version 1.2 (Oct 22, 2005)
- Release Date: Jul 22, 2012
- By request the x86 version now works on Windows 95 OSR2 and Windows NT 4.
- Release Date: Dec 23, 2011
- Fixed an uninstall problem specific to 64-bit Windows.
- Added experimental support for tag WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE.
- Release Date: Dec 22, 2011
- Added decoding support for low sampling rates (BSID9 and BSID10).
- Fixed some install problems specific to Windows 98.
- Release Date: Jul 17, 2011
- Fixed a decoding bug in AMD64 build when source is stereo.
- Combined 32-bit and 64-bit assembly code into one module.
- Release Date: Jul 11, 2011
- Fixed corrupt MMX decoding when source is 5 channels.
- Fixed silent audio on AMD64.
- Release Date: Jul 2, 2011
- Updated .inf and .bat files provided by ale5000. If you are using one of the batch files to install the codec on Windows Vista or higher, you must right click the .bat file and select "Run as Administrator".
- Release Date: Mar 20, 2011
- Major rework of Visual Studio workspaces, but no significant code changes.
- Moved registry storage location to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\fccHandler\AC3ACM
- New .inf and .bat files are provided courtesy of ale5000.
- Release Date: Jan 18, 2010
- I've ported the code to Visual Studio 2005 and added a new (untested) 64-bit build. Installation instructions are in ReadMe.txt.
- I've switched to using 7-Zip to archive the source code package.
- Release Date: Sep 23, 2007
- Fixed an A/V sync problem when encoding 44100 Hz AC-3.
- If you insert AC3ACM into a DirectShow filter graph as an AC-3 encoder, it chooses a default bitrate based on the number of source channels. The default is (96 * nChannels) kBit/s. I've added an option in the driver configuration dialog which allows you to change the default to (64 * nChannels).
- Release Date: May 15, 2006
- Fixed an MMX bug in the decoding of 3/2 channel AC-3.
- Release Date: May 12, 2006
- Added support for WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE PCM input for encoding.
- Default channel order for PCM input and output has been changed to FL,FR,FC,LF,BL,BR in accordance with Microsoft's recommendation.
- Added an option to disable MMX in the driver configuration dialog.
- Release Date: Apr 18, 2006
- Added the fix from FFmpeg for a low volume issue in ac3enc.
- Release Date: Oct 22, 2005
- Added sensible strings to the ACM encoder configuration dialog.