This is the version history page for Video Thumbnails Maker, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Jul 6, 2020)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Jun 25, 2020)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Mar 30, 2020)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Feb 15, 2020)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Nov 11, 2019)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Oct 6, 2019)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Apr 21, 2019)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (Dec 18, 2018)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Dec 13, 2018)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Dec 3, 2018)
- Version 220.127.116.11 (Nov 5, 2018)
- Version 18.104.22.168 (Nov 2, 2018)
- Version 22.214.171.124 (Jun 11, 2018)
- Version 126.96.36.199 (May 16, 2018)
- Version 188.8.131.52 (Apr 17, 2018)
- Version 184.108.40.206 (Feb 19, 2018)
- Version 10.0.0.5 (Oct 23, 2017)
- Version 10.0.0.4 (Aug 6, 2017)
- Version 10.0.0.3 (Jul 31, 2017)
- Version 10.0.0.2 (Jul 30, 2017)
- Release Date: Jul 6, 2020
- new: External Engines (1 and 2) have become much more stable.
- new: The Resolution string for Anamorphic videos prints as follows: 1440x1080 @ 1920x1080.
- changed: Update window has been changed.
- changed: Currently used Engine is printed to the Log file.
- fixed: Wrong aspect ratio for Anamorphic videos when using External Engines (1 and 2).
- fixed: Console version of the previous release did not work for External Engines (1 and 2).
- fixed: Context menus did not popup in Choose Shots Manually interfaces.
- fixed: Anamorphic videos were displayed in the wrong aspect ratio in Choose Shots Manually interfaces.
- fixed: Rare random freezes of the application.
- Release Date: Jun 25, 2020
- new: 32 and 64-bit versions of VTM are available. The 64-bit version has no 32-bit memory limitations. The 64-bit version is shipped with internal (embedded) codecs as well as the 32-bit version. The only known issue about the 64-bit version (at the moment) is the impossibility to create an OGV (Theora) animations. 64-bit version is the option of choice for the rest of cases. Please note: when you use Engines 1 and 2, they use your external codecs, so you need 32-bit codecs to be installed in your system for 32-bit versions of VTM and 64-bit codecs to be installed for 64-bit versions of VTM.
- new: Ultimate engine: Hardware acceleration is added to the Codec-Independent "Choose shots Manually" interface.
- new: Ultimate engine: Improved hardware acceleration could also be noticed when processing, for instance, a 15x15 matrix for a 20 minutes length video (when the frames in-between key-frames are needed). The new version is 2x faster in such cases.
- new: Environment Settings: Timeouts. You can set the time limit to create a single screenlist within (15 sec - 20 min) range. You can set the time limit to create a single animation (30 sec - 40 min). When the timeout is reached, VTM skips to the next item in the main list.
- new: The "Timer" label is added to the top right part of the main window. It shows the current time progress and the Estimated Time of Completion after completion of the first item in the list.
- new: Options: "Extend Matrix" checkbox in added to "Advanced Timeline Control" window. Enable it to let VTM add additional rows to your matrix when the "Specific Timestep" exceeds the matrix.
- new: Tooltip hints for the main window items are working during the video processing. Hover the first column to get details (the current state, time spent for the main output, time spent for the animation).
- new: Choose shots manually: Drag & Drop is working for snapping frames as well as for swapping already taken shots.
- new: Environment Settings: *.RAM checkbox is added to the "Video Extensions".
- new: Video card name is written to the Diag.log file at startup.
- changed: "MultiFiles" checkbox now depends on the new "Extend Matrix" option. Disable the "MultiFiles" checkbox to get the main screenlist only. Enable it to get "MultiFiles" also.
- changed: Tech details: FPS is always printed with 2 fractional digits.
- changed: Tech details: Video bitrate measure unit is "kb/s".
- changed: Tech details: Audio bitrate measure unit is "kbps".
- changed: Few cosmetic changes.
- fixed: VTM freezes when creating animations with invalid parameters (too narrow, too large, etc.).
- fixed: Some animations could freeze the application after cancellation at the very beginning.
- fixed: VTM failed to create long WebM animations with audio under certain circumstances.
- fixed: GIF animations did not respect 100% / 50% / 33% framerate settings.
- fixed: Command line interface did not support relative paths to video files correctly.
- fixed: Wrong processing order after sorting of items in the main window list.
- Release Date: Mar 30, 2020
- please note: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5+ is required to run the program.
- new: Support for animations in MP4 format (H.264 and H.265) for AMD Radeon Series is added.
- new: "Force 16:9" checkbox is added to Options window. When ON, VTM adds black bars to the top/bottom or left/right side of frames to keep 16:9 aspect ratio.
- new: "Use it for 16:9" checkbox is added next to Background color in Options window. By default, VTM uses Black bars for "Force 16:9". Set this checkbox ON to use background color for bars.
- new: The total count of Audio tracks and theirs languages are printed to Audio details string.
- new: [LANGS] tag is added to comment line. Use it to print audio languages info.
- new: "Subtitles" checkbox is added to Options window. When ON, a new line is printed to Technical details with the total count of Subtitles and theirs languages.
- new: [SUBS] tag is added to comment line. Use it to print subtitle details.
- changed: [AUDIO] tag is comment line now prints audio details without track languages.
- changed: Video/Audio tech strings are rearranged a bit. Double colon is introduced as a new separator. Here is an example of such output:
- changed: Tech details are printed transparent when your custom picture is used as a background.
- changed: Cut edges are filled with the current background color instead of white when "Draw a White Border" effect is enabled.
- fixed: VTM failed to create short animations with sound under certain circumstances.
----- Changes in Pictures Thumbnails Viewer 220.127.116.11 -----
- changed: Shift+Del hotkey is changed to Ctrl+Shift+Del for safety.
- fixed: Navigation arrow keys were not working in Full Screen mode without Taskbar.
- Release Date: Feb 15, 2020
new: Embedded codecs are updated to support the latest video formats.
new: "Auto with Advanced Timeline Control" button is added to codec-independent "Choose shots manually" interface.
new: [VIDEO] tag for comment line to print Video details.
changed: Maximum tile size is increased.
changed: [CREATED] tag is back to comment line in addition to previously introduced [CR] tag.
changed: Default size unit for comment line is changed from bytes to megabytes.
changed: More diagnostic information is printed to Diag.log file.
fixed: Audio was unsynced or not created for long animations under certain circumstances.
fixed: VTM failed to create thumbnail sheets under certain circumstances.
----- Changes in Pictures Thumbnails Viewer 18.104.22.168 -----
new: You can switch between Full Screen and Windowed modes in Preferences (hotkey: F11).
new: New "Show Windows Taskbar in Full Screen mode" checkbox is added to Preferences window.
new: VTX feature support for SMPlayer (9.5+) is added.
- Release Date: Nov 11, 2019
- new: 3 new animation formats are added: MP4 (H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC)) and OGV (Theora). P
- new: You can create H.264/H.265/OGV animations using VTM right from Videonizer 6 or higher.
- new: You can use "Choose shots manually" interface to select which frames are to be used as a starting point for animation sections. So you can create any animation you want. You can use right mouse button on already selected frame to set the duration of the section. Sections are animated in order of appearance in "Choose shots manually". To discard the section from the animation just select "Not animate" in Tile context menu.
- new: You can also set the default duration for all futher frames snapped in "Choose shots manually" interface using special new button right below the "Snap" button.
- new: 6 new tags are added to Options for the Comment.
- They are: [NAME] (Filename), [SIZE] (Filesize), [DUR] (Duration), [WxH] (Resolution), [FPS] (Framerate), [AUDIO] (the number of audio streams and channels).
- new: *.OGV checkbox is added to Settings -> "Add files with the following extensions".
- changed: The design of "Animation Quality" indicator has changed.
- changed: "MultiFiles for Specific timestep" checkbox was added to "Quick Settings" panel on the main window.
- changed: VTM asks for "Output folder" when selected one does not exist.
- changed: Video files (animations) produced by VTM can not be added to VTM anymore (there is no sense in doing that).
- changed: "_VTM" suffix is added to all animations (except of WebP) created by VTM.
- changed: "Change" link is added to "Comment" in Option. It allow to modify your custom comment in a wider textbox.
- fixed: Animation creation freezed for source video files without any audio stream.
- fixed: FPS was not showed for certain video files.
- Release Date: Oct 6, 2019
- new: Animated thumbnail sheets are enables for all cases of Choose shots manually.
- ----- Changes in Pictures Thumbnails Viewer -----
- new: The Viewer searches for original pictures beside the PTX-file when absolute links are broken for some reason. The Viewer does not change the PTX file itself. If you want to change the broken link permanently (it has sense for Tile substitution), please check the feature below.
- new: "Permanently substitute missing absolute paths for PTX Tiles to existing relative ones" option is added to Preferences (Ctrl+P). The option changes PTX-files permanently. "Tile Substitution" and "Auto-Substitution after Deletion" features will use PTX-file folder for affected Tiles.
- special note: If you use Pictures Thumbnails Maker (PTM), you may want to install its latest version too, because PTM uses its own instance of the Viewer. Windows launches the Viewer from the location from which the latest PTM or VTM launch happened.
- Release Date: Apr 21, 2019
----- Changes in Pictures Thumbnails Viewer -----
- new: WebP animation creation speed is 2x times faster than before.
- WebP is natively supported by all most popular browsers. Firefox and Edge joined the club in late 2018 / early 2019. Please consider the following picture when choosing between WebM and WebP:
- new: You can define a custom suffix for output files in Environment window. The suffix is added to the end of each file name, just before the final extension.
- changed: This one is related to Animation parameters form opened in Options window. Click on the top right button shows the comparison table between WebM and WebP types of animation.
- new: WebP animation playback is improved.
- new: Support for new Pictures Thumbnails Maker "MultiFiles" feature is added.
- new: VTX feature support for KMPlayer 64-bit is added.
- special note: If you use Pictures Thumbnails Maker, you may want to install its latest version too, because PTM uses its own instance of Pictures Thumbnails Viewer
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2018
- new: The Folder browser has been improved. The Address bar, which is located at the top of the Folder browser, displays the path of the currently selected folder. You can paste your path to go to a different folder.
- new: You can use CTRL+Left Mouse Button click to select multiple folders in the Folder browser.
- Release Date: Dec 13, 2018
- changed: VTM does not overwrite existing animated screenlists by a temporary animation file anymore. VTM saves only ready to use animated screenlists. That prevents the existing file of being overwritten in case of job cancellation.
- changed: Audio/Video information module is updated.
- Release Date: Dec 3, 2018
- new: "Advanced Timeline Control" panel in Options. It contains "Advanced Timeline Control" button when rules are not set. It contains rule indicators with values when rules are set.
You can set a lot of timeline control rules using the panel.
- new: You can Randomize actual positions at the rate of selected percent of the current time step.
- new: You can Cut first X% or X seconds of the video.
- new: You can Cut last X% or X seconds of the video.
- new: You can Capture the first frame at the very start.
- new: You can Capture the last frame at the very end.
- new: You can Consider first X% or X seconds of the video as Intro and take shots rarely or oftener.
- new: You can Consider last X% or X seconds of the video as Outro and take shots rarely or oftener.
- new: You can specify fractional parts of seconds in "Advanced Timeline Control" window.
- new: Please read popup hints (tooltips) over controls on the new panel and in "Advanced Timeline Control" window to get more info.
- changed: "Specific timestep" checkbox was moved to "Advanced Timeline Control" window.
- changed: "Try substituting for any color frames" checkbox was moved to "Advanced Timeline Control" window. An indicator is added to "Other Effects" section of Options window.
- changed: "MultiFiles for Specific timestep" checkbox is duplicated in Environment and "Advanced Timeline Control" windows.
- changed: Codec-independent engines (Ultimate and Crystal) produce shots in original color matricies.
- fixed: Minor bugs are fixed.
- Release Date: Nov 5, 2018
- fixed: "Choose shots manually" interface failed to process AVI files and MPEG4 format.
- fixed: Ultimate engine captured wrong shots for time steps less than 3-4 seconds.
- Release Date: Jun 11, 2018
- new: You can create Screenlists for remote video files without downloading them (you can add HTTP URLs to the program). Here is an example of such URL: http://clips.vorwaerts-gmbh.de/big_buck_bunny.mp4
- new: You can also add URLs via "Import list of files to process" button in the upper right corner of the main window. The default output folder for URLs is the "Internet" folder in the VTM's installation directory. You can redirect the output to your own folder as usual.
- fixed: WebM audio was not synced with video for larger files.
- Release Date: May 16, 2018
- fixed: Creation of WebM files with Audio longer than 3 seconds freezed the program in many cases.
- Release Date: Apr 17, 2018
- changed: Multi-Threading support for animations is extended for wider variety of computers.
- fixed: Creation of WebM with Audio freezed the program in many cases.
- Release Date: Aug 6, 2017
----- Changes in Pictures Thumbnails Viewer -----
new: The Viewer tries to guess video location in "Locate video" dialog.
fixed: Jerky WebM playback in few previous releases of the Viewer.
special note: If you use Pictures Thumbnails Maker, you may want to install its latest version too, because PTM uses its own instance of Pictures Thumbnails Viewer.
- Release Date: Jul 31, 2017
- fixed: You can specify a drive letter (C:, D:, E: and so on) as a valid command line argument.
- Release Date: Jul 30, 2017
- new: Finally, I managed to get Ultimate engine working as it was supposed to be in VTM 10.0.0.0.
- Rare Ultimate engine failures are fixed as well as "Choose shots manually" flickering without opening a file. Please enjoy ;)
- new: "/nc" option is added to command line interface (close console automatically after completion).
- new: "/hidden" option is added to command line interface (create picture files with hidden attribute).
- changed: From now on tile area in "Choose shots manually" interface is fixed with a vertical scrollbar.
- changed: Comment field can be printed to text output files (CSV, XML, TXT).
- changed: Watermark position for the right side of the picture is moved 1 pixel right.
- fixed: From now on maximum Simple Matrix size is limited to 8x12 when Animation is enabled.
- fixed: Wrong WebM framerate detection in some cases.
- fixed: "Choose shots manually" interface lost the first custom chosen shot for Special Matricies.