This is the version history page for TSReader Lite. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 2.8 build 52 (Mar 20, 2018)
- Version 2.8 build 50 (Oct 28, 2017)
- Version 2.8 build 48b (Apr 15, 2017)
- Version 2.8 build 48a (Feb 10, 2017)
- Version 2.8 Build 46g (Apr 29, 2010)
- Version 2.8 Build 46f (May 2, 2009)
- Version 2.8 Build 46a (Oct 26, 2007)
- Version 2.8 Build 46 (Oct 17, 2007)
- Version 2.7 Build 45f (Apr 13, 2007)
- Version 2.7 Build 45d (Dec 12, 2006)
- Version 2.7 Build 45c (Nov 22, 2006)
- Version 2.7 Build 45b (Oct 31, 2006)
Version 2.8 build 52
Version 2.8 build 50
Version 2.8 build 48b
Version 2.8 build 48a
Version 2.8 Build 46g
- Release Date: Mar 20, 2018
- All: The UDP multicast source modules (UDP, RTP, HRTP) and the TCP/IP source module now accept udp://addr:port and tcp://addr:port on their command-lines. This is predominantly for support of CrazyScan working with TSReader Pro
- Pro: RTP packet loss logging now logs the time difference (in milliseconds) between the packet where loss was detected and the prior packet
- Pro: Fixed a crash with badly formatted SCTE-35 messages
- Std/Pro: Fixed an issue with the TCP/IP source module where a command-line address that couldn't be connected to resulted in a looping error message
- All: If the HTTP source module detects a webpage without any M3U tags (such as an error 404), it will now display the webpage for better diagnostic information. The webpage rendering is done inside TSReader and doesn't start a web browser
- All: Added support for TBS-5580 USB multi-standard tuner
- All: Added commas to separate the thousands and millions in the multiplex bit rate. This makes reading the mux-rate much easier
- Pro: The tier level in SCTE-35 cue messages is now decoded
- All: Fixed a bug that caused thumbnails to disappear when the thumbnail refresh rate was zero (one thumbnail pass when TSReader starts) and the PMT version number changes
- Std/Pro: Added the multi protocol IPTV source module. It handles HRTP, HTTP, RTP, TCP and UDP streams with a unified stream selection interface. More information is here
- All: When the HTTP source is reading a list of transport stream files from an M3U playlist and it reaches the end of this list, it displays a warning that the end of the playlist has been reached. This makes it much more like the File source module's behavior. This message isn't displayed when reading plain HTTP streams without an M3U playlist or with a playlist that updates such as when reading a live HLS/MPEG-DASH stream
- Pro: Fixed an issue with the Closed Caption decoder where multiple languages might cause display corruption of EIA-608 captions
- Pro: Fixed an issue with TSWatcher that would cause it to hang on a mux if the mux contained rapid SCTE-35 CUE messages
- Pro: Changed the display of segmentation_upid in SCTE-35 CUE messages to hex since this field can contain binary data. The specification is quite unclear as to proper decoding of this field so this is a good balance
- All: TSReader is now aware of PotPlayer and will shut it down like VLC if that is chosen to play live video versus VLC via Playback/VLC/Settings. PotPlayer is free and very good media player that decodes faster than VLC. TSReader should be pointed at the C:Program FilesDAUMPotPlayerPotPlayerMini.exe file
- All: Added support for VLC 3.0
- All: Updating decoding of the DVB E-AC3, S2 delivery and NIT service list descriptors
- All: Frame rate and aspect ratio from H.264 & H.265 video is now shown if present in the stream
- All: Added support for all four tuners on the DVB-T and ISDB-T Silicon Dust HDHomeRun Quattro tuners
- All: Depreciated support for recording program streams. This is really a dead format and there are much better third party programs that can be used to generate these files
- All: Added support for ALPTS files. This format allows MPEG-2 transport stream files to be compressed by removing the sync byte, removing similar PID headers and dropping NULL packets - all done in such a way that this data can be recovered exactly as recorded - in other words lossless compression. Compression amount depends on the number of NULL packets
- Std/Pro: Added command-line utilities ALPtoTS.exe and TStoALPTS.exe to convert these formats in addition to the support inside TSReader
Version 2.8 Build 46f
- Release Date: Apr 29, 2010
- All: Fixed a problem with DiSEqC switch commands on Tevii interfaces.
- All: Hidden registry DWORD value: ForceH264ProgramNumber - forces the specified program to use H.264 for video. This allows TSReader to operate correctly with the ITV HD channel on Astra 2 which advertises itself as H.263.
- All: Fixed a problem there an empty PAT would show a single program.
- Std/Pro: Fixed an issue with the control server GRAPH SEND function if a graph hasn't been saved manually.
- Pro: Improvements to the PID filtering in the UDP forwarder.
- Std/Pro: Fixed a crash when processing some MPEG-4 audio.
- All: Fixes for more than 64 muxes in ATSC/QAM networks.
- Pro: Added support for forwarding to Alitronika DTA-2145 devices.
- Std/Pro: The -y switch now accepts a negative value for the timeout which causes an export after the specified number of seconds regardless of table processing.
- Std/Pro: The control server now sends the correct response code for the SOURCE command.
- Std/Pro: NIT tables up to 4096 bytes can now be processed.
- Std/Pro: The -I switch now accepts a + sign in the front of the first " character around the PID numbers. If the + sign is there, the quoted text becomes the name of a PDL file which specifies the PIDs to record.
- All: Initial support for the SCTE 65 system used in cable systems in the Americas.
- Pro: Added decoding of SCTE 35 CUE messages including XML export support.
- Pro: UDP forwarder can now forward just the PIDs specified.
- All: Added an option to allow the PC to go into sleep mode when TSReader is running. This may cause lots of problems with various source modules/drivers so please use with care.
- All: Fixed a bug with HDHomeRun sources where if the frequency was on the command line one might not see the tuner selection dialog.
- Pro: Added the -g switch which allows TSReader to run from a memory stick and keeps the profiles as files on the memory stick.
- All: Added support for the latest Alitronika AT40X devices.
- All: Added support for DVB-S BDA interfaces. This is the standard XP implementation so no DiSEqC control nor DVB-S2 is possible, however, we will be adding support for the Windows 7 enhancements which will resolve this.
- All: Fixed detection of ATSC/SCTE tables when the base PID for these systems is used for other purposes.
- Pro: UDP Forwarder window is now minimized when TSReader is started minimized.
- All: TSReader now warns if it is unable to write to a recording file (for example if out of disk space or a removable drive is disconnected).
- All: Added an option to always select all audio streams when the record program function is used.
Version 2.8 Build 46a
- Release Date: May 2, 2009
- All: We've decided to remove passwords from the setup utility for TSReader.
- All: Ctrl+N now launches VLC configuration #1 and Ctrl+Shift+N launches VLC configuration #2. These can be used to toggle playback on and off.
- All: HDHomeRun source now retunes if the symbol quality goes to zero. This corrects an issue when the HDHR is tuned for many days on the same mux and then starts sending junk.
- All: Fixed the 100% CPU usage issue on Twinhan cards when TSReader attempts to retune after lock is lost. Thanks to Greg Farris for the fix.
- All: Updated Hauppauge source modules with various fixes.
- Pro: When a new profile is created using the Profile Browser, there is now an option to set the device number when a multicard device is selected.
- All: Fixed a bug with the SDT item count shown in the treeview.
- All: Much improved support for ISDB networks. This is still in progress in this prerelease.
- Pro: More improvements to archiving mode stability.
- All: Support for the 0.9 versions of VLC.
- Pro: There is now a check for duplicate channel names when starting the archiver. This would prevent the duplicate channel from being recorded.
- Std/Pro: HTML export now includes the PCR PID.
- Pro: The Caption logger (accessed via the L key when the CC display is active) can now log the PTS/DTS stamps.
- Std/Pro: The control server now has two new options for the GRAPH command: SAVE to write a PNG file of the graph and SEND to send that same PNG over the socket connection. More details are in the control server docs.
- All: Fixed an issue with descriptor decoding on virtual channels.
- Pro: Fixed a bug where erroneous descriptors might be seen in the PMT list displayed in View/Descriptor Usage.
- All: These are still in development for this release: DVB-C BDA support, the file source will support PCAP files, PID waterfall chart.
- All: Added an option to the file loop source to mask CC errors when the file wraps around.
- Pro: The profile browser can now remember the command-line parameters on a profile by profile basis.
- Pro: Added the XMLTV command to the control server.
- All: The program usage stacked bar chart has been re-arranged to show the CBR streams like audio, teletext and other ancilliary data before the video This makes the chart much easier to see when running in real-time mode.
- All: Corrected a problem with erroneous characters getting into the EPG data on some satellite services.
- Standard/Pro: Null PIDs can now be recorded.
- All: Added support for the Linear Systems ATSC Master range of PCI cards that use the SMTPE-310M protocol.
- All: There's now a thumbnail option to place the ES PID onto the thumbnail.
- Pro: Fixes for the SMTP client to correctly start communiucations with servers that are not using SMTP authentication.
- Pro: Archive mode rate charts don't eventually end up as very small lines over long periods of time.
- Pro: Archive mode now has an option to hide the main TSReader window. When this is activated, the vital stream statistics like CC/TEI error counts and so on are displayed at the top of the archiver status window.
- Pro: When setting the address of the SMTP server used by TSReader, you can now specify a non-standard port by adding the port number after a colon.
- Pro: Fixed an issue with the -c switch being ignored because of the -L switch.
- Std/Pro: Null PIDs can be recorded
- All: Added a new source module for Linear Systems SMPTE310M cards.
- All: Option to show the ES PID on thumbnails
- Pro: The internal email client used by the stream monitor and archiving functions now correctly communicates with both open and password protected SMTP servers.
- All: Added support for the European version of the HDHomeRun which works with DVB-T and DVB-C tuners.
Version 2.8 Build 46
- Release Date: Oct 26, 2007
- Fixed a bug with the TechnoTrend DVB-S2 USB2 interface that created a c:\tsreader.ts recording every time the source module is used.
- Fixed an issue with all most Hauppauge source modules not working with 2.8.46 and added support for more Hauppauge interfaces and generic QAM-B cards.
- Removed the FutureTel source module. It was causing too many missing DLL errors and the DLLs required to fix this are quite large. The support package to make this PCI encoder work with TSReader are available as a free download at http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/TSReader_FutureTel.zip.
- The "Check for New Version" function is now available in TSReader Lite.
- Some corrections to the ATSC TSID tables.
- Fixes for the HDHomeRun operating on HRC cable networks.
- The IGMPv3 joins in the UDP Multicast source can now be specified from the command-line. For example "126.96.36.199 firstname.lastname@example.org" would send the IGMPv3 join message to 192.168.1.5 for stream 188.8.131.52 port 1234.
Version 2.7 Build 45f
- Release Date: Oct 17, 2007
- Multiple device support for Alitronika products.
- Fixed a problem with retuning on TechnoTrend DVB-S2 cards.
- Fixed a lockup that occured when a program is selected, plugins are loaded and no CAT is present in the mux yet there are CA descriptors in the PMT.
- File source now has the ability to shutdown TSReader when the end-of-file is reached.
- Fixes for the TechnoTrend Budget series PCI cards to better support CI-CAMs.
- Fixed an occasional crash that occurred on some IP/DVB streams.
Version 2.7 Build 45d
- Release Date: Apr 13, 2007
- Fixed a bug in the IP parser where more than one MPE packet in a section would be ignored.
- Updates to some of the Hauppauge source modules to support Windows Vista.
- On ATSC networks, Cable VCTs with major/minor channel numbers of zero are now displayed.
- Hauppauge HVR-950 source module now works correctly on Windows Vista.
- Null length PMT ES lists no longer cause a false ES entry to be displayed in TSReader.
- Added support for the Dektec 2145 PCI Express adapter.
Version 2.7 Build 45c
- Release Date: Dec 12, 2006
- Updated the RF Central RFX-MDR source module to allow operation with a wider range of encoders.
- Added decoding of the Channel Extended Text Table in ATSC networks. The resulting text is shown by selecting the TVCT in the tree-view.
- Added support for the HDHomeRun Ethernet 8VSB/QAM tuner.
- Minor fixes to the EPG Grid when a very large monitor is used.
Version 2.7 Build 45b
- Release Date: Nov 22, 2006
- Added support for the newer DVBWorld DVB-S/DSS tuner which uses a 9 volt power supply rather than a 5 volt supply on the older model.
- Updated all the Hauppauge source modules and added support for the HVR-950 ATSC stick tuner.
- For plugin users, if TSReader sees a PMT version change and that PMT is for the currently selected program, TSReader will send any plugins a channel change message to inform them the PMT changed.
- Update all the Alitronika devices to use their latest API.
- Fixed a bug where the USER icon would show up on all MPEG-2 thumbnails even if the video stream wasn't carrying user data.
- Release Date: Oct 31, 2006
- Fixed a crash with DCII muxes with very long service names.
- Added support for the Nextorm DVB-S2101 USB interface. This is the "new" DVBWorld DVB-S/DSS tuner - looks identical to the DVBWorld tuner but needs a different source module because of differences in the hardware. If you can't get the DVBWorld source module to lock, try using this one instead.
- Added a source module to read from HTTP servers. Currently there's no rate control so it should only be used with "live" HTTP servers like VLC's.
- The UDP Multicast sources now support IGMP v3 add/drop membership messages on XP and above. To use IGMPv3, specify the multicast source in dotted notation, @-sign, and then the multicast address. For example email@example.com.
- Added support for DVB-S2 TechnoTrend Budget cards and USB2 interfaces. You must use the TechnoTrend standard drivers and not their BDA drivers.
- Improvements to the DVB-T BDA source module.
- Added three new bandplans for DVB-T scanning. These run from 118-858 MHz stepping at 1 MHz either as 7, 8 or 7/8 MHz bandwidth. Scanning this way will take a long time but will find carriers not adering to any particular real bandplan.