This is the version history page for Kdenlive. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 19.04.1 (May 12, 2019)
- Version 19.04 (Apr 23, 2019)
- Version 18.12.2 (Feb 15, 2019)
- Version 18.12.1 (Jan 5, 2019)
- Version 18.08.2 (Oct 13, 2018)
- Version 18.04.1 (May 12, 2018)
- Version 18.04 (May 11, 2018)
- Version 17.12.0 (Dec 17, 2017)
- Version 17.08.1 (Sep 9, 2017)
- Version 17.04.3 (Jul 14, 2017)
- Version 17.04.1 (May 13, 2017)
- Version 16.12.3 (Mar 10, 2017)
- Version 16.08.2 (Oct 13, 2016)
- Version 16.08.0 (Aug 21, 2016)
- Version 16.04.1 (May 10, 2016)
- Version 15.12.1 (Jan 15, 2016)
- Version 15.08.0 (Aug 20, 2015)
- Version 15.12 Beta (Aug 20, 2015)
- Version 0.8.2 (Nov 1, 2011)
- Version 0.8 (Apr 27, 2011)
- Version 0.7.8 (Sep 15, 2010)
- Version 0.7.7.1 (Feb 27, 2010)
- Version 0.7.7 (Feb 24, 2010)
- Version 0.7.6 (Oct 9, 2009)
- Version 0.7.5 (Jul 3, 2009)
- Version 0.7.4 (May 30, 2009)
- Version 0.7.3 (Apr 15, 2009)
- Version 0.7.2 (Feb 2, 2009)
- Version 0.7.1 (Dec 30, 2008)
- Version 0.7 Beta 1 (Oct 7, 2008)
- Version 0.5 (Aug 12, 2007)
- Release Date: May 12, 2019
Kdenlive 19.04.1 released
by farid a. | May 11, 2019 | GSOC, News, Releases | 0 comments
The Kdenlive team is happy to announce the first minor release of the 19.04 series fixing 39 bugs. The feedback by the community as well as the effort put in reporting issues has been very helpful and we encourage to keep it up. We expect to finish polishing in the coming months in order to focus on our planned pro features.
Kdenlive 19.04.1 fixes some important issues, so all 19.x users are encouraged to upgrade. Easiest way to test it is through the AppImage, available from the KDE servers as usual: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/kdenlive-19.04.1-x86_64.appimage.mirrorlist
The Appimage also contains some last minute fixes that will be in 19.04.2 since we are still busy fixing some remaining issues after our big refactoring. This Appimage should fix the rendering and timeline preview issues recently reported, and the 19.04.1 fixes are listed below.
Other news: work continues to improve OpenGL support, fixes by the team have been merged into MLT improving speed and the Titler will be rewritten as a GSOC project.
19.04.1 bug fixes:
- Search effects from all tabs instead of only the selected tab
- Add missing lock in model cleanup. Commit.
- Move levels effect back to main effects. Commit.
- Fix crash closing project with locked tracks. Fixes #177. Commit.
- Speedup selecting bin clip when using proxies (cache original properties). Commit.
- Disable threaded rendering with movit. Commit.
- Fix wrong thumbnails sometimes displayed. Commit.
- Ensure fades always start or end at clip border. Commit.
- Fix loading of clip zones. Commit.
- Fix transcoding crashes caused by old code. Commit.
- Fix fades copy/paste. Commit.
- Fix broken fadeout. Commit.
- Fix track red background on undo track deletion. Commit.
- Update appdata version. Commit.
- Zooming in these widgets using CTRL+two-finger scrolling was almost. Commit. Fixes bug #406985
- Fix crash on newly created profile change. Commit.
- Always create audio thumbs from original source file, not proxy because proxy clip can have a different audio layout. Commit.
- Mark document modified when track compositing is changed. Commit.
- Fix compositing sort error. Commit.
- Fix crash opening old project, fix disabled clips not saved. Commit.
- Fix crash and broken undo/redo with lift/gamma/gain effect. Fixes #172. Commit.
- Fix clip marker menu. Fixes #168. Commit.
- Fix composition forced track lost on project load. Fixes #169. Commit.
- Fix spacer / remove space with only 1 clip. Fixes #162. Commit.
- Fix timeline corruption (some operations used a copy of master prod instead of track producer). Commit.
- Check whether first project clip matches selected profile by default
- Renderwidget: Use max number of threads in render. Commit.
- Fix razor tool not working in some cases. Fixes #160. Commit.
- Better os detection macro. Commit.
- Remove crash, not solving 1st startup not accepting media (see #117). Commit.
- Remove unneeded unlock crashing on Windows. Commit.
- Some fixes in tests. Commit.
- Forgotten file. Commit.
- Improve marker tests, add abort testing feature. Commit.
- Add tests for unlimited clips resize. Commit.
- Small fix in tests. Commit.
- Fix AppImage audio recording (switch from wav to flac). Commit.
- Dont remember clip duration in case of profile change. Fixes #145. Commit.
- Fix spacer broken when activated over a timeline item. Commit.
- Improve detection of composition direction. Commit.
- Unconditionnaly reload producers on profile change. Related to #145. Commit.
- Release Date: Apr 23, 2019
- Release Date: Feb 15, 2019
- Release Date: Jan 5, 2019
Kdenlive 18.12 is out. In this version we have fixed some crashes and made some other improvements.
18.12 release notes
Backport crash on image sequence import. Commit.
Backport fix for titler text gradient. Commit.
Add donation url to appdata. Commit.
Fix minor EBN issues and typos. Commit.
Fix play/pause on Windows. Commit.
Sync quickstart manual with UserBase. Commit.
Install doc files. Commit.
Make it compiles when we use QT_NO_NARROWING_CONVERSIONS_IN_CONNECT. Commit.
Fix minor EBN issues. Commit.
If you were waiting for the refactoring version, we’re afraid you’ll have to wait a bit longer. We decided to postpone it for the 19.04 release cycle which will give us more time to polish all the edges and add some new nifty features.
We now have a nightly build system so you can try all the latest features;
Among the highlights since the last release;
Added parallel processing feature for render speed improvements;
Added hardware acceleration for proxy clip creation;
Blackmagic Design decklink output is back;
The Speed effect has been reintroduced;
Made keyframe improvements and timeline clip keyframeable GUI.
- Release Date: Oct 13, 2018
Kdenlive 18.08.2 is out bringing usability improvements and a crash fix. The Windows version is also becoming more stable with every release and this version brings fixes to the translation installation and the introduction of a crash report.
In other news, the Refactoring is moving steadily ahead and we will release a wider test beta version soon, stay tuned. Also the refactoring branch is now building automatically on KDE’s automated integration system (CI), and all the regressions tests pass. This means that after each change to the source code, the CI will run the tests to check that no regression happens. On the sysadmin front we are cleaning up our bug tracker in preparation for the 18.12 release.
Improve missing luma detection (region transition) – fixes project crash. Commit.
Home/End now also seek in clip monitor. Commit.
Update AppData for upcoming release. Commit.
Windows crash reports. Commit.
Update authors. Commit.
Fix double clicking a title clip in bin tries to rename instead of opening the title dialog. Commit.
- Release Date: May 12, 2018
Kdenlive 18.04.1 released
by Jean-Baptiste Mardelle | May 11, 2018 | News, Releases, Uncategorized | 0 comments
While our team is working on the awaited refactoring, we still managed to add 2 small usability improvements in the 18.04.1. version. First the safe zone overlay was improved so you can now easily spot the center of your frame:
Then we improved the default background color for the titler so that white text can easily be read without having to make further adjustments.
These changes were made during our great Paris sprint. At the same time, we are improving our packaging efforts, so you can find the following download options right now (besides official distro packages):
AppImage: the latest 18.04.1 version is available, now with support for Ladspa plugins
Flatpak: we are glad to announce the availability of Kdenlive on flathub, so it can now easily be installed on distributions supporting flatpak (thanks to Peter Eszlari).
Windows: Vincent Pinon worked on an update to the Windows version, so windows users can now test the latest 18.04.1.
- Release Date: May 11, 2018
- Release Date: Dec 17, 2017
Kdenlive 17.12.0 released
by Jean-Baptiste Mardelle | Dec 15, 2017 | News, Releases | 0 comments
Kdenlive 17.12.0 released
We are happy to announce the latest Kdenlive version, part of the KDE Applications 17.12 release, making it the last major release using the current code base. This is a maintenance release focused on stability, while feature development is going in next year’s 18.04 version. Proxy clips were given some attention and should give you better seeking experience as well as reduced memory usage for images. Other fixes include fixes in timeline preview, a crash when using a Library clip and smoother seeking on rewind playback.
We have been pushing the AppImage packages lately because it allow us to put all required dependencies inside one file that can easily be downloaded and run on all linux distros. Today, we can also announce the immediate availability of the Kdenlive 17.12 AppImage, downloadable here :
AppImage related fixes:
Fix audio distortion affecting the 17.08.3 AppImage
Include Breeze style
Vincent Pinon is also continuing the support for the Windows version, and you can get Kdenlive 17.12 for Windows here: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/release/Kdenlive-17.12.0-w64.7z.mirrorlist
We are also making available the first usable “preview” AppImage of the refactoring branch which will receive all development focus from now and will be released as 18.04. It is not ready for production but allows you to have a look at Kdenlive’s future. You may follow the development progress here.
Kdenlive 18.04 alpha 2 release: https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-18.04-alpha2.AppImage.mirrorlist
Next Kdenlive Café is tonight on #kdenlive at 21PM (CET), so feel free to join us for some feedback!
Packagers must take note that libsamplerate is now a dependency due to recent changes in FFMPEG.
It is recommended for Ubuntu (and derivatives) users to use the AppImage version until further notice.
Full list of changes
Remove useless audio bitrate on pcm proxy encoding. Commit.
Update proxy profiles. Commit.
Make sure playlist proxies have an even height. Commit.
Fix crash on playlists concurrent jobs using library clips. Commit. See bug #386616
Timeline preview fixes: Don’t invalidate on expand/collapse effect, invalidate on master clip edit. Commit.
Don’t restart clip if trying to play backwards from clip monitor end. Commit.
Use smaller size for image proxies. Commit. Fixes bug #353577
Fix playing backwards forwards one second. Commit. Fixes bug #375634
Fix extension in transcode file dialog. Commit.
Sort clip zones by position instead of name. Commit.
Set a proper desktop file name to fix an icon under Wayland. Commit.
FreeBSD does not have sys/asm.h — for what is this include needed on linux?. Commit.
Doc: fix option (qwindowtitle instead of caption). Commit.
Fix terminology: mimetype(s) -> MIME type(s). Commit.
Fix UI string: Control Center -> System Settings. Commit.
Const’ify code. Commit.
Fix import image sequence. Commit.
- Release Date: Sep 9, 2017
- Although the team is at full throttle getting ready for the 17.12 big refactoring release, we make available the first point release of the 17.08 series bringing various bugfixes and usability improvements. Stay tuned for testing the refactoring branch packages to be announced soon.
- Remember last selected title template. Commit. See bug #384340
- Fix proxy error (height not multiple of 2). Commit. Fixes bug #384345
- Fix extract frame from bin exporting lower than source image. Commit.
- Fix visibility check of tracks in multitrack-view. Commit.
- Allow disabling autosave until we improve it. Commit. Fixes bug #384197
- Windows: find Kdenlive lumas. Commit. Fixes bug #375337
- Windows: terminate KDE session on window close. Commit. Fixes bug #380854
- Windows: always use bundled MLT. Commit. Fixes bug #380036
- Remove project profiles sharing (knsrc). Commit. Fixes bug #383238
- Gardening: fix GCC warnings (8). Commit.
- Release Date: Jul 14, 2017
- The last point release of the 17.04 cycle is out with crash and compilation fixes and minor interface improvements:
- Fix crash on importing multistream clip. Commit. Fixes bug #381584
- Fix crash when creating proxies – real issue not yet fixed. Commit. See bug #381738
- Fix compile (gcc7). Commit. Fixes bug #379688
- Show info on MLT found by CMake. Commit.
- Non-portable flag, let build system handle it. Commit.
- Windows icons are delivered in icontheme.rcc. Commit.
- Fix compilation. Commit.
- Fix custom profile not found on creation. Commit.
- Fix loop zone. Commit. Fixes bug #378813. Fixes bug #381146
- In comparison to previous versions this was the least exciting development cycle, in terms of new features, since all focus has been on the code refactoring which will bring more stability and new features. Don’t miss the next Café to keep track on the progress and share your thoughts if you like.
- Release Date: May 13, 2017
Kdenlive 17.04.1 released
by farid | May 12, 2017 | Releases | 0 comments
With the ongoing refactoring at full throttle a minor bug fix released with the ability to use VAAPI in transcoding and rendering by inserting a pre-parameter in you encoding profile (refer to commit and bug report for more info), a performance improvement and some Windows version fixes.
Fix title clip duration cannot be changed. Commit. Fixes bug #379582
Allow passing pre-parameters using “-i” to specify where the input file name should go in ffmpeg parameters. Commit. See bug #378832
Fixed off-by-one errors in fft-based cross-correlation computations. Commit.
Don’t show color theme configuration option unavailable on Windows. Commit. Fixes bug #375723
Fix temp path on Windows. Commit. Fixes bug #375717
Fix MLT doc link. Commit. Fixes bug #375316
Fix script export & QScript header left. Commit.
- Release Date: Mar 10, 2017
- Kdenlive 16.12.3 is out
- The last release of the 16.12 branch brings a few, but important improvements, like fixing a couple of crashes and avoiding a possible corruption as well as a overnight render bug along with other minor stability improvements. All in all 16.12 was a great release and the best is still to come.
- We continue our focused effort in the timeline refactoring which will bring professional grade tools, stay tuned for more info on that soon!
- Bug fixes:
- Fix crash & corruption on dragging multiple clips in timeline, fix thread warning on monitor refresh. Commit.
- Avoid possible profile corruption with xml producer. Commit. See bug #371189
- Avoid relying on xml to clone a clip. Commit. See bug #377255
- Src/dvdwizard/dvdwizardmenu.cpp: do not show “grid” in output. Commit. Fixes bug #377256
- Src/dvdwizard/dvdwizard.cpp: fix file loading in slotLoad. Commit. Fixes bug #377254
- Fix Render Widget’s file dialog not working correctly. Commit. Fixes bug #371685
- Fix render job duration when past midnight. Commit. Fixes bug #372370
- Fix Bin Effect reset. Commit. Fixes bug #376494
- Fix unnecessary refresh of tools when selecting titler item. Commit.
- Fix fadeouts re-appearing on clip cut+resize. Commit.
- Release Date: Oct 13, 2016
- Fix MLT Playlist proxying after recent proxy profile changes
- Fix proxy profiles to keep aspect ratio
- Fix broken keyframes on image/title clips
- Fix automatic playback of file with space in name
- Fix simplekeyframe effects (eg. blur) allowing keyframe one frame after end of clip after resize
- Change defaults for Color selection effect so that we don’t get a black screen at startup
- Fix “Make DocTools dep optional”
- Fix scalable application icon
- Make DocTools dep optional
- Warn about resize failure
- Don’t unnecessarily expand effect stack when unselecting a transition
- Fix several geometry effects broken on locale with comma separator (french, german,…)
- Fix importing library clip hanging with relative paths, improve error reporting
- Add the namespace to the appdata file
- Fix copy/paste of keyframes in transitions
- Add option to remove keyframes after cursor position
- Only allow importing position if keyframes have no width/height info
- Fix header
- Fix compilation
- Fix copy/paste of keyframes
- Fix several issues when editing an animation parameter in timeline (keyframes corruption)
- Fix disappearing keyframes in animated parameters (Transform effect and Composite+Transform transition)
- Fix keyframe type icons
- Fix incorrect initialization of Composite transition
- Fix crash when changing project fps while a clip was selected in timeline
- Slow motion clips: don’t mix clip state with strobe param from older project files
- Fix possible crash when closing a project or deleting a clip with subclips
- Fix some clip jobs incorrectly adding new clip
- Fix snapping when moving keyframe in effect stack
- Do not silently overwrite reversed clip
- Fix Recent regression – groups lost on project opening
- Fix clip monitor starting to play after drag
- Fix track effect added to wrong track
- Fix crash when changing project fps if timeline contains groups
- Fix groups on upper track disappearing when inserting a new track
- FIx proxy used for rendering when app started from home dir
- Release Date: Aug 21, 2016
Kdenlive 16.08.0 is here
Kdenlive 16.08.0 marks a milestone in the project’s history bringing it a step closer to becoming a full-fledged professional tool. The highlights of this release are:
3 Point Editing
Insert or overwrite a timeline region with a clip region.
Delete or lift timeline regions.
Also, the long-missing insert mode is now enabled and fully functional: simply drop clips onto the timeline and existing clips will move accordingly to make room.
Timeline effect rendering
Sometimes, you just have too much effects or transitions in your timeline to be able to play it in realtime (you can see on the video, it can only play 13 frames per seconds). This is where this new feature helps you: it pre-renders parts of the timeline so that they can be played in realtime. And you can continue working on other parts of the timeline while Kdenlive is working in the background for you.
Stability and Improvements
Over 370 bug fixes and code commits including various improvements to:
Faster keyboard workflow
Fix memleaks and corruptions
Profile Selection UI
For a full list of changes please visit the full log page.
The new Library Widget allows to copy and paste sequences between different projects.
Track header visual optimization
Ability to control the width of the track header by dragging its right border left or right.
Track compositing preview
Individual track control has been replaced by a global option in timeline toolbar to switch compositing modes between: High Quality, Preview and None.
Start-up wizard removal
Kdenlive’s start-up wizard is now removed and will appear only if a configuration problem is detected. Kdenlive now starts up picking the best default options (including NTSC/PAL framerate depending on your region).
Cached Data Manager
Kdenlive as a video editor can produce large amounts of temporary data. Until now, all these temporary files were saved in $HOME/kdenlive. We are now switching to an XDG compliant scheme, and try to give users more infos about how much data is stored, and allow for easy mangement.
Native support for Krita images was added.
New Logo and Website
A new modern logo and website reflecting the new phase of the project.
We also celebrate this development cycle with an increased amount of community participation.
In other news more work has been done porting Kdenlive to Windows as part of a GSOC project. Also work has started by the Macports team to bring it to OSX.
Stay tuned for more information on what the future holds.
- Release Date: May 10, 2016
Kdenlive 16.04.1 was released on the 10th of May 2016.
This is the first bugfix release for the 16.04 branch.
Fixes include the following issues:
Fix DVD rendering to wrong size
Fix default timeline track height to display track icons
Fix undo track lock leading to corruption/crash
Fix clip job (stabilize) using wrong video size
Fix Titler shadows clipped in Title Editor
Fix crash when changing clip speed
Fix audio thumbnails for 5.1 audio
Fix Titler selection issues
Kdenlive 16.04 information page
Kdenlive 16.04 is a major release, bringing you the result of several months of work with the feedback of several professional video editors. Many usability and stability issues were addressed as well as dozens of new features.
Here is a quick list of some of the features that were added:
Configurable monitor overlay: you can now display timecode and safe zones in monitors
Audio waveform overlay: Clip monitor now displays a preview of the audio, making it easier to seek to the wanted place
Markers can now be edited directly on the monitor display
Effects can be dropped directly on the monitor
Live display of playback fps
New audio level meter in monitor toolbar
Faster audio thumbnails: rewritten, they are now created 7x faster, drawing 5x faster
Editing: added "Match Frame" feature
Transitions: implement transition parameters - Cairo Blend transitions now supports opacity and alpha operation and is keyframable
"Split view " to display a split view of timeline's current clip with and without effect to compare
Speed effect now uses MLT's new TimeWarp producer, so sound is now working with speed effect
Support for curves in some effect parameters (volume, etc)
Metadata: clip metadata is back, giving you details about your audio / picture files
Improved automatic profile: if enabled, Kdenlive automatically proposes to switch profile to match that of the first added clip
Generators: you can easily create noise, color bar and counter clips
New Library widget allowing to save parts of the current timeline to share them between several projects
Fix longstanding (since the 12.x series) crash affecting titles with transitions
Allow adjusting letter and line spacing
Gradient fill for text and rectangles
Alignment grid for menus
Rendering widget rewritten to be less frightening
New parameter to decide if you prefer faster encoding or smaller file size
New "Favorite Effects" widget, allowing quick access to your preferred effects
Many small UI and workflow improvments and bug fixes
Kdenlive 15.12.2 and 15.12.3 are minor bugfix releases, and were released in february and march 2016. Among the changes, Kdenlive will now automatically use the Breeze widget style if available when used on a non KDE Desktop. Several timeline corruption issues were also fixed.
- Release Date: Jan 15, 2016
Kdenlive 15.12.1 was released in January 2016 as part of the KDE Applications release. This version fixes many bugs reported in the 15.12.0 version, all users are encouraged to upgrade to this new version. Among the changes, Kdenlive will now automatically use the Breeze widget style if available when used on a non KDE Desktop. Several timeline corruption issues were also fixed. Here is a non-exhaustive list of fixes:
[Bug 351712] 15.11.80 - Double-clicking clip/media in Project Bin to change name doesn't show text field in proper spot
[Bug 355380] 15.11.90: deleting topmost track with clip with transition does leave transition behind
[Bug 355825] git master 2015-11-24 - Pan & Zoom effect uses proxy resolution for calculations
[Bug 355936] 15.12.0: Spacer tool moves transitions of locked tracks
[Bug 356030] 15.11.80: track speaker icon coloring is ambiguous and inconsistent with other track icons
[Bug 356495] 15.11.90+48 - When "Split" button is clicked on a clip with no effects, clip monitor still enters "split mode". Should remain in standard mode.
[Bug 356643] "Clip Properties" shows properties for proxy instead of the clip, when clip is proxied
Project Settings > Proxy clips">[Bug 356644] "Manage profiles" button is missing from Project > Project Settings > Proxy clips
[Bug 356803] Shortcut keys stop working in fullscreen
[Bug 356807] Add button to Manage Profiles window, where profiles are selected.
[Bug 356838] Icons missing in title editor
[Bug 356848] New themed icons for configure Kdenlive dialog section "Project Defaults"
[Bug 356873] Rendering crashes
[Bug 357054] Undoing quick razor clip cut actions freezes Kdenlive
[Bug 357095] [patch] remember last directory in dvdwizard
[Bug 357121] Timeline position indicator is missing
[Bug 357155] Deleting any video/audio track causes kdenlive to crash with a segmentation fault
[Bug 357207] Git master 2015-12-01 - Proxy clips are not automatically generated when enabled
[Bug 357324] Project Settings / Video Profile Profile Button no function/icon
[Bug 357397] Image Sequence (with period in filename) missing upon re-opening project
[Bug 357659] 15.13: Bézier curve UI broken: looses settings, second handle of bottom-left point non-accessible
[Bug 357983] 15.12.0: Error removing clip after dragging
Version 15.12 Beta
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2015
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2015
We've had much work on 15.8 series, with its 3 monthly bugfix to repair the breaks from the new monitor backend & timeline rewrite... should be acceptable now :)
For few weeks now we're having fun integrating few new features, inspired from our usability review, that should make users' life easier?
- Release Date: Nov 1, 2011
- Load zone thumbnails from disk if available.
- Optimise document loading.
- In case of missing or invalid clips, open only one dialog box instead of one for each clip.
- Display proxy creation progress in project tree.
- Improve way of picking an average color of an area.
- Make audio bitrate in render dialog selectable.
- Add support for handling different versions of filters and add rules to convert between them.
- Move all cached data in one operation, so that user does not get one dialog box for each file in case of duplicates. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2297)
- Show filter version in filter info box.
- When multiple clips are selected do not allow resizing, but moving only. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2257)
- Add remux with MKV transcode preset.
- Make audio only render profiles faster by telling ffmpeg to skip video.
- Open documents using a locale different to the system as read only.
- Replace locale-dependent comma with slash in geometry value.
- Add Kdenlive manual converted from UserBase QuickStart page.
- Improve handling of missing luma files. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2216)
- Remove the "avformat-novalidate" trick for faster loading, caused crash. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2205)
- Allow to assign a shortcut to usage of proxies in project.
- Use separate thread for generation of timeline thumbnails when zoom is at frame level to keep UI responsive.
- Allow to use JScript in render profile parameter values. Values that need evalutation need to be indicated by '%'.
- Check for missing proxies on document opening.
- Check document for invalid (overlapping) transitions.
- Check for duration mismatch in clip producers when opening a document (can cause corruption).
- Automatically create backups of the project file; they can be restored in a recovery dialog.
- Allow to manually edit video4linux capture profile.
- Allow to store presets for proxy creation parameters.
- Enable proxies for playlist clips (*.mlt, *.kdenlive).
- Directly encode capture from Decklink card to make it usable in Kdenlive.
- Allow to use bitrate different from presets in render dialog.
- Whole projects (including all necessary files) can be archieved into a directory or file.
- Allow use of different ffmpeg preset for 1st and 2nd render pass.
- Notes widget: context menu now allows to insert clickable timecode to make easy reference to some place in the project.
- Fix encoding of dvd vob menu file.
- Fix possible crash when doing fast start/stop.
- Fix multiple concurrency crashes related to thumbnail and proxy creation.
- Fix name of dvgrab captured file. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2344)
- Fix issues with simultaneous 2-pass rendering (x264). (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2338)
- Fix rendering progress not shown if multiple copies of Kdenlive are open. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1265)
- Fix DVD chapters discarded when opening from render dialog. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2335)
- Fix possible corruption caused by vertical offset of transitions in timeline.
- Fix aspect ratio of thumbnails to correctly use the project's arpect ratio.
- Fix bitrate broken when editing render profile or making it a favorite. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2321)
- Fix audio issues in rendered file when using a recent ffmpeg version by replacing 'b' with 'vb' (ffmpeg bitrate parameter). (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2318)
- Fix rendering to Flash could be broken by setting the number of encoder threads. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2312)
- Fix DVD wizard losing chapters data when switching to menu page.
- Fix previewing of affine transitions with transparent png.
- Fix timeline corruption when using 'Remove space' tool (transitions could overlap).
- Fix 'adjust to original size' and 'fit to width/height' for title and color clips in geometry widget (pan and zoom, composite, affine).
- Fix vorbis rendering by setting the audio quality (aq).
- Rotoscoping: do not allow to add keyframes until initial spline is created to avoid corruptions.
- Fix possible crash in DVD wizard chapters. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2264)
- Do not duplicate effect stack after split audio but move audio effects only.
- Fix issues related to the usage of comma as numeric separator in some locales.
- Fix build on GNU/kFreeBSD.
- Fix cursor not visible in title widget. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2231)
- Fix aspect ratio in title widget background image. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2225)
- Fix layout in save profile dialog. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2224)
- Fix timeline corruption because resizing a clip end could overlap another clip in some cases.
- Fix last keyframe for composite transition (and other geometry effects) inserted one frame after the end of the transition.
- Prevent crash when deleting a clip while playing. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2200)
- Disable save action if we are in the same state as last save.
- Fix pan and zoom keyframes lost after clip resize. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2210)
- Fix mouse wheel in slider section of (effect) parameters with a large range (> 1000).
- Fix GUI setup issues with some list parameters (for effects).
- Fix timecode widget not communicating changes upon focus leave.
- Fix list of effects in effect stack taking up to much space by default.
- Fix transition track not correctly saved. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2187)
- Fix "save zone" saving proxy instead of real clip. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2184)
- Fix freeze when saving while timeline is at maximum zoom. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2174)
- Fix crash when deleting a track and having an audio clip on last track. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2168)
- Do not allow to create overlapping transitions that could corrupt timeline. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1901)
- Fix sometimes effects were missing. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2152)
- Fix crash in histogram scope.
- Fix multiple possible timeline corruptions. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2157)
- Do not allow rendering to a frame rate different than current project's profile. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2138)
- Fix DVD menu entries hidden under some circumstances.
- Fix channels in audio thumbnails being displaced by one frame. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1976)
- Fix possible crash caused by audio thumbnails. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2147)
- Fix possible freeze and error on project opening. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2144)
- Fix progress bar running twice on 2pass render.
- Fix proxy file path issue on system installation.
- Use luma as default channel for levels effect.
- Fix handling of proxies when duration != duration of original clip.
- Fix filename encoding problem in renderer. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2110)
- Fix user specified CFLAGS ignored. (http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2108)
- Release Date: Apr 27, 2011
- Audio monitoring (spectrogram,...)
- Stop motion assistant
- Customized layouts can be saved
- Improved interface for some effects that can be adjusted live on the monitor
- New effects (using latest MLT and Frei0r), like Light Graffiti (light painting) and Rotoscoping (create custom masks on your video)
- You can add comments to your project using a new "Notes" widget
- Initial support for HDMI output and input using BlackMagic Decklink cards
- Proxy clips, Kdenlive can automatically create proxy clips (low resolution copy of your clips) so that you can work fast, and the original hi res clips will be used for final rendering
- And several small improvements everywhere. A more complete list can be seen here:
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2010
- Track effects
- On monitor of the position for transition & effects
- Color scopes to monitor the colors of your clips
- Animated slideshows
- Improved support for color themes
- Initial support for title sharing through kdenlive.org
- Release Date: Feb 27, 2010
- Bug in composite transition seek to position feature: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1452
- Transition corruption with non english locales: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=1450
- Release Date: Feb 24, 2010
- Beside the bugfixes, the following new features were added:
- User selectable color schemes
- Improved keyboard navigation
- Timeline editing mode (normal, overwrite)
- Improved titler (now supports font outline)
- Editing properties for several clips at once (for example aspect ratio)
- Release Date: Oct 9, 2009
- Title module: rewrite, now allows for basic animation (title zoom & scroll)
- Track rename: users can now rename tracks
- Composite transition: keyframes can now be moved
- Clip management: image and audio clips are automatically monitored and updated in the timeline whenever they change on disk
- User interface cleanup: cleaner look for timeline
- Release Date: Jul 3, 2009
- Timeline vertical zoom (make tracks smaller or larger in one click)
- Stability improvement (fix issues with clip and group move / delete)
- Non realtime playing in monitors, allows to see your editing frame by frame
- Keyframe editor for effects
- Template text clips
- Improved titler (allow for right / bottom alignment of objects), allow unicode characters
- New dialog reporting missing clips when opening a project
- Save a copy of the Project Profile in Kdenlive document to make it easier to work on another computer
- Save last used Rendering Profile in document so it appears by default when reopening
- Rewrote and improved the thumbnail creator (that creates preview thumbs for your project file for KDE's file managers)
- And of course a lot of other bug fixes
- Release Date: May 30, 2009
- Compatibility with the new 0.4.x versions of MLT
- Rendering jobs now start one after another instead of all together
- Rewritten DVD wizard, allowing for chapters, several buttons in menu and easy preview
- Start of a transcoding feature, allowing to easily convert a clip in another format
- New icon for Kdenlive by Alberto Villa
- Lots of bug fixes (see full list) and small other improvements
- Release Date: Apr 15, 2009
- Clip grouping
- Creation of rendering scripts for delayed rendering
- Double pass encoding for rendering (just add "pass=2" to your profile)
- Track locking
- Configurable monitor background color for better previewing
- Web updates: you can now download new rendering profiles from Kdenlive's web site
- Split audio, allows you to separate a clip in it's audio and video parts
- Improved compatibility with Kdenlive 0.5 project files
- Release Date: Feb 2, 2009
- New features:
- Dvd Wizard
Lets you create a simple dvd iso image in a few mouse clicks
- Job tracking
All running rendering jobs can now be monitored from the Kdenlive rendering window.
Several improvements: allow rescale, export only video (no audio), hide formats unsupported on your system...
- Main bugfixes:
- Playlist corruption
Fixed several problems that could corrupt your project when moving several clips or when saving / reloading a project.
- Effects / Transitions
Version 0.7 Beta 1
- Release Date: Dec 30, 2008
- New spacer tool
- Possibility to select on which track a transition should apply
- Cache audio and video thumbnails
- Fixes to clip move and effects
- Fix audio effects
- Several new translations
- And a lot of stability and other small bug fixes
- Release Date: Oct 7, 2008
- Capture video from your camcorder, webcam or screen
- Mix a large number of different formats (depending on your FFmpeg install): mpeg, flash, mp3, ogg, png, jpeg, dv, hdv, ...
- See the result of your work (effects and transitions) in realtime
- Release Date: Aug 12, 2007
- Release announcement