This is the version history page for GOTSent. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 0.24 beta 8 (Apr 4, 2011)
- Version 0.24 beta 7 (Apr 17, 2009)
- Version 0.24 beta 6 (Feb 24, 2009)
- Version 0.24 beta 5b (Dec 6, 2008)
- Version 0.24 beta 5 (Oct 18, 2008)
- Version 0.24 beta 4 (Aug 18, 2008)
- Version 0.24 beta 3 (Aug 2, 2008)
- Version 0.24 beta 2 (Jul 8, 2008)
- Version 0.24 beta 1 (Jul 5, 2008)
- Version 0.23 (May 3, 2008)
- Version 0.23 beta 12 (Mar 8, 2008)
- Version 0.23 beta 11 (Feb 28, 2008)
- Version 0.23 beta 10 (Feb 2, 2008)
- Version 0.23 beta 9 (Jan 25, 2008)
- Version 0.23 beta 8 (Dec 1, 2007)
- Version 0.23 beta 6 (Nov 16, 2007)
- Version 0.23 beta 4 (Nov 8, 2007)
- Version 0.23 beta 3 (Oct 25, 2007)
- Version 0.23 beta 2 (Oct 24, 2007)
- Version 0.23 (Oct 22, 2007)
- Version 0.22 (Oct 17, 2007)
Version 0.24 beta 8
Version 0.24 beta 7
- Release Date: Apr 4, 2011
- Many fixes in MKV parsing: Compressed header fix for many new releases. (this caused many conversions to fail from the start). Fixes in AVI creation and MPEG creation. Audio sync updates. Better file splitting and updated tools.
Too much to name, although much too late :)
For iPad newbies: just select the Xbox 360 profile, select the MKV and hit convert. The resulting MP4 should play fine
(Or just drag the MKV files over the GOTSent program).
Version 0.24 beta 6
- Release Date: Apr 17, 2009
- New .NET based audio decoding engine for users who have experienced audio decoding issues.
- Many fixes in subtitle handling.
- Sound encoding/decoding fixes.
- special note for users who use the options 'mux to vob' and split files: 1 in 5 files can exhibit strange behaviour in the parts after the split (odd colours, stripes). It is advised to use the 'fast mux' flag for these files to prevent this issue. Be advised that this option can result in slow rewind/ffwd performance.
Version 0.24 beta 5b
- Release Date: Feb 24, 2009
- Sounds normalization (sets average audio volume to -12 dB)
- Many fixes in bitrate calculation (was off by a factor 10 in some cases) and fits the file better to the designated size (also fixes in DVD5 and DVD9 sizes)
- MP4box is back as primary mp4 muxer due to issues with the mp4creator.
- Fixes to externally added subtitles (both in recode as for AVCHD)
- Improved header handling for some odd mkv files.
- Can add external SRT subs to AVI files that need a full video recode for PS3 compatibility.
Version 0.24 beta 5
- Release Date: Dec 6, 2008
- A new mp4 muxer was used to prevent mp4box issues.
- In oddly named files and very large files, mp4box messes up. I hope this will fix the issues. the only drawback at the moment is that it doesn't set the aspect ratio correct yet. This is being worked on.
Furthermore, bitrate fixes, and target size selection is active (DVD 4.5, DVD 9 and BR 25).
- A fix was also made for drag and drop functionality, where it would only process the last file, but now does all dragged mkv files.
Version 0.24 beta 4
- Release Date: Oct 18, 2008
- Better handling of oddly named files (including filename clean-up of many commonly used tags in mkv files). (this also takes care of bugs where files would showup as gotsent.mp4 with certain media servers.)
- Reverted to older mencoder to fix many subtitle issues.
- File checking after mp4 creation, and fallback mp4 creation with a different version of mp4box.
- Many fixes in filesize and bitrate calculations (for Xvid and h264 recoding) to make sure the filesize should work.
- Fixed h264 HQ mode.
- Several speed enhancements in MUXtoVOB mode.
- Include all subtitles in AVCHD files (but only if they are .srt based. Inbuilt subtitle format conversion is still being worked on)
- UI cleanup.
- Better handling of odd AVI formats (DivX3 etc etc) in AVI folder conversion mode.
Version 0.24 beta 3
- Release Date: Aug 18, 2008
- Fixes longstanding error in MP4 muxing with odd file names (the dreaded 'where is my mp4 file???')
- Removed erronous error messages when muxing to mp4 with Nero
- AVI folder converision for PS3 (checks and recodes AVI for QPEL/QMC flag)
(some AVI files might still not play, select them asa single AVI file for a quick audio recode. Some damaged/odd mp3 files, or DTS/OGG audio can cause this error)
- AVCHD pessimistic fit to DVD when recoding to h264 (the old version would go over 4.3 GB)
- 2 pass h264 encoding option
- Added 'shutdown after conversion' option(shuts down the system after a single or a whole folder conversion)
Version 0.24 beta 2
- Release Date: Aug 2, 2008
- High and low priority selection for all external processes
- Add borders to h264 AVCHD recodes to make playback work correctly on PS3, and with working subtitles.
- AVI recoding for PS3: Select AVI type in the file selector, and a non-working file will be checked for QMC/QPEL. If this is in the file, it will recode to a working PS3 AVI file. If no GMC/QPEL is found, it will assume a mp3 audio issue, and just recode the audio.
- Fast Mux option: much quicker M2TS and AVCHD mux, using tsmuxer, with the main drawback that ffwd, reverse and goto do not work/take forever. Use at your own risk.
- PS3/360 preference settings: When creating an avi, encode 1080p files to 720p for the 360 (due to performance issues). When creating an MP4, the fallback audio extraction will use 2.0 AAC audio for the 360 and PS3 2.0 profile, but create a 5.1 AAC MP4 for the PS3 5.1 profile. No other settings are effected by this selection (yet).
- FIT TO DVD will make an AVCHD h264 recode fit on one DVD.
- New version of mencoder is now supported for better encoding efficiency and less errors when recoding an MKV to XVID or MPEG2.
- Faster splitting of M2TS and AVCHD files with tsmuxer instead of mkvmerge
Version 0.24 beta 1
- Release Date: Jul 8, 2008
- Fixes in 0.24 beta 2: Directshow audio extraction fix (could cause empty audio files), h264 5.1 recoding to 4.1 for AVCHD files (embeds subtitles in source video due to issues with softsubs on many files).
- Current work: port of directshow audio extraction to C#, to prevent many issues with Vista, and support WMV muxing for VC1 files.
- Release Date: Jul 5, 2008
- Includes WMV (vc1) and MKV -> AVCHD conversion for PS3 and stand-alone Blu-ray players.
Version 0.23 beta 12
- Release Date: May 3, 2008
- Major fixes
- added Xvid and H264 recoding
- better subs/audio support
- some updated tooling
- VC1 extraction and WMA-pro to WMAv2 conversion (wmv muxing coming in 0.24)
- upgraded splitting
- removed mp4 meta naming due to odd issues with rare files
- Open the config to edit h264 encoding options
- pass a file or a folder as an argument for command line encoding
- and many more additions
Version 0.23 beta 11
- Release Date: Mar 8, 2008
- Mostly a bugfix version, with a major file-locking bug fixed which caused issues with some split files/folder use, improved compatibility with specific mkv files (double header data), improved file handling, and better Multichannel AAC support.
Version 0.23 beta 10
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2008
- Hard subs in mpeg2 files are now supported. Make sure your subtitle files are in UTF8 format if you use special characters.
(open the subtitle file in notepad, select save as, and select 'UTF8' under the encoding option.)
- If you are running VISTA, please 'run as administrator'. Since beta 10, Vista64 and Windows Server 2008 should work as well.
Version 0.23 beta 9
- Release Date: Feb 2, 2008
- Fast-Forward and Rewind support in m2ts files with h264 and 5.1 AC3 content (select the Mux to Vob option)(other audio is transcoded to AC3) (PS3 only)
- Improved MKV header handling.
- UI fixes for issues that caused some confusion.
- Many bug fixes again.
- Fall back audio encoding in casethe directshow audio decoding fails.
- 25 FPS output of MP4 files. This is for people with a dislike for judder, and 720p50 output. (pitch is corrected for the speedup)
- 5.1 Audio in mpeg2 files, on both the PS3 as on the 360.(Ditlew, thank you for the hours spent on this.. and I hope there are some clips you will never have to see again :) )
Version 0.23 beta 8
- Release Date: Jan 25, 2008
- Detection of playable h264 files on the PS3/360, by courtesy of DItlew. Thank you for the hard work!
- Mpeg2 encoding of files, set by default on files that otherwise won't play on the PS3/360.
- Fallback audio encoding/better error handling.
- Aspect ratio set correctly on files where pixel and display resolution vary.
- Command line usage: Gotsent23beta9.exe [filename/folder name] encodes the file/all files in the folder and stores them in the GOTSent 'Outout to' folder. (GOTSent needs to be ran once normally before using this)
- Many Many Many bugs fixed.
Version 0.23 beta 6
- Release Date: Dec 1, 2007
- PS3 specific: merge to mpeg program streamwith 5.1 digital output (dolby digital) (select the Mux to vob option). This only works on PS3, and there are issues with ffwd. and rew.but at least you can get full surround sound like this, even when you don't have an AAC decoding receiver/amplifier (Dolby Digital support is needed). This option uses a modified h264info licensed under the MPL. source code is available at request.
- Correctly handle H264 avi's embedded in a MKV. Some releases would crash when extracting these streams.
Version 0.23 beta 4
- Release Date: Nov 16, 2007
- Split with MKVmerge. This is a lot faster and solves the isse on the 360 where split files would not function correctly.
- Added fixed bitrate (300 kbps) for AAC encoding with Nero, making it possible for PS3 users to select 5.1 AACencoding, by selecting the 5.1 output in AC3filter, without ending up with 1Mb audio bitrates. (supported sincePS3 firmware 2.0). NOTE THAT THE OUTPUT IS STILL IN 2.0 PCM FORMAT WHEN YOU CAN"T OUTPUT AAC STREAMS TO YOUR AMPLIFIER (selectable in the PS3 audio options menu).
- Small bugfixes, and detection of VFW embedded streams (who-ever thought it would be a good idea to embed an AVI in a MKV..) . (it is being worked on to convert this format back to araw H264 stream again)
Version 0.23 beta 3
- Release Date: Nov 8, 2007
- mp3 support added by request. (used in Anime MKV files)
- Safesync: This is made for people who have problems running the program with the ac3filter audio decoding (crashes), and files where the audio gets out of sync with the video. It is a simple fix to encode AC3 audio, not DTS audio. Please check the troubleshooting page first to solve crash issues.The AC3->AAC audio quality with ac3filter and Nero encoding is far superior to the Safesync audio quality.
Version 0.23 beta 2
- Release Date: Oct 25, 2007
- Major bug-fix for beta2 that caused a crash in audio extraction when the audio track was not on track 2
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2007
- Release Date: Oct 22, 2007
- Subtitle inclusion (not for split files yet) Please note, that this will just include the subs in the MP4, it won't play them yet on the PS3 or 360. They will be included in 2 formats (original and ttxt) in the selected language.
- removed: Language selection when multiple audio-tracks are found (supported by Haali settings)
- Subtitle language selection
- Better error reporting
- Release Date: Oct 17, 2007
- This is a small bug-fix release, but it also includes and automatically registers the WavDest filter, needed to save the converted audio file. If this file was not available, it crashed GOTSent. For existing users, if your program is working, there is no real need to upgrade (unless you really don't want the GOTSent.log, movie.wav and movie.aac in your destination location after conversion), but for new users, it makes life a bit easier.