This is the version history page for AVCHDCoder, showing the last 20 software updates. You can return to the main page for this software by clicking here.
- Version 15.12.27 (Dec 28, 2015)
- Version 14.08.08 (Sep 22, 2014)
- Version 13.05.22 (May 25, 2013)
- Version 11.12.27 (Dec 28, 2011)
- Version 11.12.17 (Dec 18, 2011)
- Version 11.08.03 (Aug 5, 2011)
- Version 11.05.23 (May 23, 2011)
- Version 11.05.07 (May 8, 2011)
- Version 11.01.07 (Jan 8, 2011)
- Version 10.09.14 (Sep 14, 2010)
- Version 10.09.13 (Sep 14, 2010)
- Version 10.09.12 (Sep 13, 2010)
- Version 10.08.08 Fixed (Aug 9, 2010)
- Version 10.08.08 (Aug 9, 2010)
- Version 10.05.21 (May 23, 2010)
- Version 10.05.11 (May 12, 2010)
- Version 10.02.01 (Feb 2, 2010)
- Version 09.12.06 (Dec 7, 2009)
- Version 09.10.02 (Oct 3, 2009)
- Version 09.09.25 (Sep 26, 2009)
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2015
- Fixed - Add borders sometimes resulted in wrong values which resulted in conversion error
- Fixed - Sometimes AAC audio resulted in an error while converting while AAC audio was ok.
- Fixed - In some cases AVCHDCoder hangs at encoding due to a bug in the bitrate calculator
- Fixed - Sometimes progressive or interlaced video was not correctly detected
- Fixed - TrueHD Core to lower AC3 quality resulted in conversion error
- Fixed - Numerous fixes involving Dolby TrueHD / AC3 Core / MKV
- Fixed - In some cases the Settings Dialog didn't open anymore
- Added - Support for UHD/4K input files
- Added - Support for HEVC/H265 input files
- Added - Support for Dolby Digital Plus 384 kbps and 640 kbps
- Added - Support for progressive to interlaced encoding (for example 1080p25 to 1080i50)
- Added - Support for Dolby Atmos
- Added - All blu-ray stream languages (ISO639-2) +- 500 languages.
- Added - Support for external audio streams (beta)
- Updated - MediaInfo to 0.7.80
- Updated - eac3to to 3.31
- Updated - x264 to r2638
- Updated - tsMuxeR to 2.6.12
- Changed - removed installers for ffdshow, avisynth and haali from installer, changed it to links to the latest versions on my website
- Changed - prefferd decoders are now LAVFilters, although ffshow also still works.
- Release Date: Sep 22, 2014
- Fixed - DTS-HD to DTS Core in MKV: core won't be extracted so you get an oversized disc
- Fixed - Small bugs in Intro Editor and the movie search dialog.
- Improved - Startup time of AVCHDCoder, first time you click 'Open BDMV Folder' can still take a while (different on each system configuration).
- Improved - Intro editor should be easier to use and consumes less bandwidth while browsing pictures.
- Improved - Greatly improved bitrate calculation so discs won't oversize/undersize much anymore when a DTS-HD MA / Dolby True-HD track is chosen.
- Improved - Logging
- Improved - Dialogs are now opening nicely in the same screen in case of multi monitor setup.
- Improved - Handling launched process didn't work very well. Different approach via JNA should greatly improve pause, resume and kill.
- Added - More DTS formats are supported in Untouced mode.
- Added - E-AC3 DD+ 1536 kbps support
- Added - Edius 'Canopus HQ' Avi support
- Replaced - replaced mkvtoolnix with eac3to for extracting mkv files. Ogg is still done with MKV Extract.
- Required - Java 1.7+
- Updated - mkvtoolnix to 6.9.1
- Updated - MKVExtractGUI to 22.214.171.124
- Updated - eac3to to 3.27
- Updated - x264 to r2334
- Removed - Unused tools
- Release Date: May 25, 2013
- Fixed - Building iso hangs in AVCHDCoder and no iso is being build because of a change in recent JRE
- Improved - ImgBurn src list file was not in UTF-8 while it should be.
- Updated - ImgBurn to 126.96.36.199
- Release Date: Dec 28, 2011
- Fixed - There were still some bugs in the Blu-ray input module. Many seamless branched disc resulted in an error while demuxing. Now all possible eac3to output information is supported by AVCHDCoder.
- Preparation - Preparing AVCHDCoder for a major technical improvement like: Better logging, better progress information, better process handling, error handling and converting all AVCHDCoder features into reusable modules. This way I can add even more features in the future like: seperate audio conversion tooling, mkv tooling etc. The first result of this improvement will be improved blu-ray support (mpls playlists that are shorter than 15 minutes currently are not shown)
- Release Date: Dec 18, 2011
- Fixed - Introeditor doesn't work anymore since 2011-12-09.
- Fixed - True-HD audio Untouched doesn't work correctly in BDMV mode. You get an ac3 instead of True-HD. It works ok in single file mode.
- Fixed - If you enter a BDMV folder and the playlist name contains '(angle x)' language detection doesn't work and conversion may fail (for example many playlists in the Star Wars discs)
- Fixed - If a blu-ray playlist doesn't contain a chapters line (for example a playlist in the Star Wars discs) conversion fails because some track id's are off by one.
- Changed - Previously it was possible to convert an ac3 to the same bitrate. Now those targets are removed from the 'Audio target' list in the 'Select Streams' tab.
- Fixed - Target resolution could be selected when Remux mode is actived. Doesn't affect conversion itself. Now target resolution greys out.
- Added - Select ImgBurn delivered with AVCHDCoder or enter the path to an external ImgBurn.exe. Internal or External.
- Updated - ImgBurn to 188.8.131.52
- Updated - x264.exe 32 bit and 64 bit to r2120
- Release Date: Aug 5, 2011
- Fixed - If you have a regged version, added some items to the Tools section and you update java to a new versio you will get an error. If you already got this error, delete the settings file else this update will prevent you getting the error. New settingsfile is saved automatically so you don't need to do it yourself.
- Fixed - In some cases you get an error if you are using alternative menu's.
- Possible Fix - When DTS 768/755 is the source and you select Untouched, the target can get slightly to big.
- Added - New 3rd disc output option. Now you can add an intro without a menu. Previously only Menu/Intro and No Menu/No Intro.
- Added - A new simple menu. A blu-ray style background. Max 1 item. (Registration required)
- Updated - x264.exe 32 bit and 64 bit to r2044
- Updated - ffdshow x86 and x64 to rev3925
- Release Date: May 23, 2011
- Fixed - A terrible error popped up after the latest release.
- Fixed - If your source is a Blu-ray/BDMV and your target is an encode you get a Encoding error. Remux mode works OK.
- Fixed - Sometimes the output iso is 1 MB to big. Added a 2 MB extra margin for DVD5 and DVD9 to prevent oversizing.
- Changed - Installer is now 35% smaller. Now there is only support for 8 items on a disc (removed the other 24). This means the installation itself is also 375MB smaller. If you need more items you can download the menu pack to get support back for 32 items on 1 disc.
- Release Date: May 8, 2011
- Added - Remux mode for VC-1 and MPEG2 stream. H264 was already possible
- Added - LPCM to DTS encoding for M2TS and BDMV mode. Surcode DVD DTS is required (Commercial software) and a registrered version of AVCHDCoder is required.
- Added - Add your own items to the Tools list. You can add files and folders to the list. A registrered version of AVCHDCoder is required.
- Fixed/Changed - Seamless Branched Blu-ray discs caused sync problems or errors while demuxing. I replaced tsMuxer with Eac3to for demuxing.
- Fixed - Force subtitles track #1 can now be disabled in the settings (finally)
- Fixed - On Windows Server editions no iso was created with ImgBurn because of a pipe | problem. Changed it to SRCLIST and now it should be fixed.
Changed - Settings file upgraded to another version (all current settings are lost).
- Changed - AVCHDCoder Project Files (Saved jobs) changed to another version. Previous saved Project Files are not compatible with the new system.
- Changed - Audioconversion with eac3to will now show the actual progress (percentage) instead of a looping progress bar.
- Changed - Some other minor cosmetic changes
- Updated - ImgBurn to 184.108.40.206
- Updated - x264.exe 32 bit and 64 bit to r1947
- Updated - ffdshow x86 and x64 to rev3760
- Updated - eac3to to 3.24
- Release Date: Jan 8, 2011
- Added - Support for LPCM13824Kbps, LPCM6912Kbps, LPCM2304Kbps, LPCM1536Kbps and DTS-HD HR 2073Kbps
- Added - Untouched for all LPCM and True-HD streams.
- Added - Around 500 new formulas, AVCHDCoder now supports over 2000 audio combinations.
- Fixed - If you search for a movie with the "Search Movie" feature and the title contains a $ sign then AVCHDCoder freezes after hitting the "Use selected movie" button
- Fixed - Converting WMV with dbPoweramp R14 resulted in an error. R13 worked fine.
- Fixed - MKV remux mode resulted in an error.
- Updated - ImgBurn to 220.127.116.11
- Release Date: Sep 14, 2010
- Fixed - 1080p to 720p conversions are streched.
- Release Date: Sep 14, 2010
- Fixed - Converting srt/ssa on Normal Quality failed. Now it is fixed and you can convert them again.
Version 10.08.08 Fixed
- Release Date: Sep 13, 2010
- Fixed - Multiple bugs in the Movie Search screen. Searching movies works a lot better now.
- Fixed - 1080p25 was visible at the Advanced Tab by accident. It is now removed because it is an invalid format.
- Fixed - Broken subtitles if: Source is a Seamlessly Branched Blu-ray Disc and you added a srt or ass with HQ Subs enabled.
- Fixed - In some cases a pgs subtitles slowly goes out of sync.
- Fixed - Sometimes BDSup2Sub creates bad output. This only applies if the PGS sup file was from a Blu-ray disc.
- AVCHDCoder converted them unnecessary. The result was that the output duration extended with a couple hours. This problem is still there if you resize a BluRay to 720p, only in a small number of cases. (Earth, 9th Company)
- Added - A brand new Update mechanism. It's the Advanced Installers update feature. Now you can automatically download new updates.
- Added - I rented a new virtual server to serve new updates.
- Added - You can now save the log to a file. Open up the Log panel under Tools to save a log file.
- Added - A videocropper for Standard Definition material.
- Added - beta AVI support.
- Updated - Calculating the addBorders method for SD metarial is improved.
- Updated - ImgBurn to 18.104.22.168
- Release Date: Aug 9, 2010
- Fixed setup
- Release Date: Aug 9, 2010
- Updated - Encoding profiles updated, they were outdated and now they are more Blu-ray/AVCHD compliant. Also reduces encoding time with 5-15% on all profiles/speeds.
- Added - Video remux mode. Only available in some cases.
- Added - Second menu pack (For registered users only)
- Added - An 'Advanced' option when you choose the output resolution in the 'select streams' tab. You can choose output resolution/framerate and avisynth behaviour for the selection.
- Added - Import and Export the settings (currently not the Subtitles presets)
- Fixed - When you add a whitespace at the end of a title in the output tab will result in errors while converting.
- Fixed - Frame doubling caused the output to run too fast. (This is used in camcorders)
- Fixed - Unknown subtitles streams are visible in the Streams tab. Selecting them will result in an error.
- Fixed - If source duration is too long and you selected LPCM audio it will result in an error.
- Fixed - If your source is Blu-ray and you selected a playlist that contains multiple items (SBD) the duration in the Streams tab is wrong.
- Possible fix - Sometimes the disc created is a little bit too big. (about 5MB) X264 causes the problem.
- Upgraded - Select Streams tab: translation, audio delay is now added and a small change in appearance.
- Upgraded - You can now select by default more streams. Previous version only 1 default stream could be selected.
- Changed - HQ
- Changed - Settings will now be saved in a file instead of the windows registry. This upgrade will not lose any settings. The settings from the registry will be converted.
- Changed - Settings are now split into 3 new settings windows: Settings, Preset editor and ffdshow.
- Changed - Behaviour of the 'Search movie' panel is changed.
- Changed - Behaviour of the Settings panel is changed.
- Changed - The help section for selecting the number of threads is changed. It wasn't clear for people on how to use it.
- Updated - x264.exe to r1683
- Updated - ffdshow x86 to r3517 and x64 to r3507
- Release Date: May 23, 2010
- Added - After adding a disc to the queue a project file will be saved. If you reboot your pc or something else happens you can easily open the saved project file.
- Fixed - Borders were added if source was 1440x1080 16:9
- Fixed - Audio and or subtitles errors if source was .m2ts/.mts/.ts or .mp4
- Fixed - If source has subs and or audio with a negative delay and you were converting in 64 bit mode you did get a encoding error. For now it will switch to 32 bit encoding so it doesn't fail.
- Fixed - Entering serialnumbers didn't always work correctly.
- Fixed - Double clicking on a .acp file (AVCHDCoder Project File) while AVCHDCoder wasn't running yet resulted that the .acp file wasn't added to the queue.
- Fixed - It was possible to add the same acp file multiple times to AVCHDCoder. Now this is impossible. (Old .acp files can still be added multiple times if you don't resave the queue)
- Release Date: May 12, 2010
- Added - Search for movie information on www.themoviedb.org and extract it's information for use in the introeditor: Basic information like Genre and Countries but also backdrops and posters.
- Added - Use an introsound in the intro movie (Feature for people which left/leave a donation aka donation required)
- Added - Use a different menu style. Other styles are delivered as seperate download packs. Currently 1 alternative menu available. (Without my website url) (Feature for people which left/leave a donation aka donation required)
- Added - Change visibility for the background video from 0-100%. (Feature for people which left/leave a donation aka donation required else you are only be able to select a visibility from 0-50%)
- Added - Add more streams of the same subtitles stream for external subs. (Previously this was only possible for internal subtitles)
- Added - Native 64 bit encoding. 64 bit Operating System required. Installation is explained in the Installation Guide.
- Added - Test if your 64 bit decoders are working properly. (Decoder Tester)
- Added - Serial number support. Had to add it for people which left/leave a donation.
- Added - MP4 support, Internal subtitles not supported (yet)
- Added - Better workflow when adding subtitles multiple times.
- Added - .ts and .mts support.
- Added - Wrong file extension detection (and fixing). When your file has a wrong extension it was possible that errors occured or you were not be able to hear any audio in the result.
- Added - Saving and opening AVCHDCoder project files. (.acp) Double clicking on an acp file and it will be added to the queue.
- Added - Save a job to a custom location.
- Fixed - tsMuxer values: ger --> deu, fre --> fra, rum --> rom
- Fixed - default High Quality checkbox in Settings didn't work. HQ/NQ converting itself did work, just the settings.
- Fixed - Some more chapter problems (There are still some problems with it but just hit Reset Chapters if you get an error)
- Fixed - Specific bug: When all jobs are done and you hit Start again then AVCHDCoder was going wild. A restart of AVCHDCoder was required.
- Fixed/Changed - Pause/Resume images on butten inverted.
- Changed - "Test System Configuration" renamed to "Decoder Tester".
- Updated - Dutch, German and Italian translations.
- Updated - x264 to r1583 (x264.nl)
- Updated - ffdshow to r3426
- Updated - ImgBurn to 22.214.171.124
- Release Date: Feb 2, 2010
- Possible introduction of a major issue. CoreAVC will let AVCHDCoder hang (Not responing) when CoreAVC is registered and in use as decoder. Un-Register and use ffdshow to fix the problem. CoreAVC's authors will be contacted by me.
- Fixed - AC3 to AC3 or True-HD Core to AC3 conversion failed.
- Fixed - WMV bug - introduced in 09.12.06
- Fixed - 1440x1080 with an AR of 16:9: Borders were added. Now it will be resized to 1920x1080.
- Fixed - 24fps movie went out of sync - introduced in 09.12.06
- Fixed - ASS/SSA subs as source were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed - Multiple cosmetic fixes in Queue
- Fixed - Some 4:3 SD sources where stretched. Now Aspect Ratio will be kept.
- Fixed - No message if there are unsupported characters in the path. (Allowed: a-z, A-Z, 0-9, &, . and whitespace) Posible future fix: Allowing other characters like é, ä etc. Problem lies in the batch scripts in combination with Encoding problems. But now a nice error will pop up.
- Fixed - Sources with a negative audio delay went out of sync. Now black frames will be inserted. (Doesn't work for all sources with this problem)
- Fixed - "strange" resolutions where not converted correctly
- Added - High Quality Subtitles conversion (avs2bdnxml + avisynth + vsfilter + bdsup2sub). Normal Quality Subtitle Conversion with tsMuxer is still possible.
- Added - LPCM support: LPCM to AC3 (M2TS, TS and Blu-ray only and LPCM cannot be kept yet)
- Added - In the introeditor you can now: Keep aspect ratio, Zoom, Stretch an image.
- Added - In the introeditor you can now add an image as overlay on top on the introvideo. Select between 12.5, 25, 37.5 and 50% visibility
- Added - Default subtitles preset can be set.
- Added - Default encoding speed can be set.
- Added - You now can select the number of Threads that will be used for subtitle conversion (Only applies to ASS/SSA and SRT to PGS conversions)
- Added - Move an item up or down after you added the item to the disc.
- Added - Limitation of number of characters in Title. (UDF volume label limit)
- Added - You can now launch usefull applications via AVCHDCoder.
- Added - You can now see how much time an item in the Queue took.
- Added - 64bit encoding. It is not tested well for now and should only be used for testing. Only x264 is in 64 bit.
- Changed - Preview button now gives you a full scale preview of the introimage. (Just 1 frame)
- Changed - Replaced the Remove All button with an Add button.
- Changed - Settings and Log are moved to the menu's. The main screen will now only contains Input, Select Streams, Output and Queue
- Changed - AVCHDCoder now works partially on Process Id's. Example: Pauze while encoding only pauses x264.exe that AVCHDCoder started.
- Changed - PGS sup conversion is now done with BDSup2Sub
- Updated - ffdshow to rev3222 (Manual Install)
- Updated - Win7DSFilterTweaker to v2.6 (Manual Install)
- Updated - ssatosrt to R3
- Updated - BDSup2Sub to 4.0.0
- Release Date: Dec 7, 2009
- Fixed - Panasonic playback issues
- Fixed - Some playback issues
- Fixed - When fps was spoofed the output went out of sync
- Fixed - Audio delay will be copied to output. (Now it doesn't go out of sync because the delay will be copied)
- Fixed - Expected bitrate for 2 channel audio (192Kbit), DTS calculation was used.
- Fixed - Chapters bug
- Fixed - Some BDMV folder issues
- Fixed - Some Output Panel issues
- Added - "--nal-hrd" option to the X264 command line to provide better Blu-ray compatibility
- Added - Brand new intro
- Added - A brand new Intro Editor
- Added - Brand new menu's
- Added - MP2 and MP3 input audioformat.
- Added - XVID/DIVX as input codec.
- Added - Option in the menu to delete all temp files.
- Added - A ffdshow Settings panel where you can change the preferred decoders. Also the Subtitles option in ffdshow can be disabled with it.
- Added - Hebrew translation (Except settings) Needs some more fixing. Thanx to Omer Maayan.
- Changed - Settings will now be stored in the Registry instead of a txt file.
- Updated - Almost all settings are translated now
- Updated - x264 to r1352 (Switched to Jeeb's build: http://x264.fushizen.eu/)
- Updated - ffdshow to rev3136 (Manual Install)
- Updated - Win7DSFilterTweaker to v2.2 (Manual Install)
- Release Date: Oct 3, 2009
- Fixed - Iso/Folder default selection setting doesn't work
- Fixed - Wrong encoding settings in Queue panel
- Fixed - No Splash screen
- Fixed - interlaced encoding doesn't work (got broke in v09.09.09)
- Fixed - Setting the path to the root of a harddrive caused a double \
- Added - Vorbis/OGG audio support (Experimental)
- Added - Check system configuration. Test if H264/VC1/MPEG2 will be converted to H264.
- Updated - Win7DSFilterTweaker to v1.8 (Manual Install)
- Release Date: Sep 26, 2009
- Fixed - AVCHDCoder cannot be pinned to taskbar.
- Fixed/Updated - Wrong version of Win7DSFilterTweaker, VC-1 streams cannot be decoded: errorcode 0x0401. With version 1.6 of the DirectShow Tweaker VC-1 streams are working again on windows 7.
- Added - Trayicon. (For now only with the possibility to Show/Hide and Exit AVCHDCoder. No process information yet)
- Added - 64bit version of AVCHDCoder. exe only. Java JRE1.6 64bit required. You need to manually create a shortcut to the 64 bit exe.
- Added - new Audio input formats. FLAC and AAC. Both formats will be converted to AC3
- Added - when input audio is 2 channel the AC3 bitrate will be 192kbit. For 6 channel AC3 384/448/640 kbit
- Added - Vorbis audio detection. Cannot be used for audioconversion yet. Planned for next release
- Updated - x264.exe to r1271
- Updated - ffdshow to rev3083 (Manual Install)
- Updated - Win7DSFilterTweaker to v1.6 (Manual Install)