VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
Playing back .MP4 H.264 encoded movies:
The official change log for version 0.8.6i is as follows:
- Security updates:
- Fixed integer overflow in WAV demuxer (CVE-2008-2430)
- Various bugfixes:
- Fixed option to use shared memory within the GLX video output module
- Improved galaktos-based audio visualizations on FreeBSD
- Miscellaneous bugfixes in multiple modules and in libvlc (transcode stream output, OSD menu video filter, VCD input, SAP services discovery, http control interface)
- Updated Polish translation
You may download this updated version here.