MPC is a multimedia player with a similar interface to Microsoft Windows Media Player 6.4, but has many more features specific for DivX playback.
A "HomeCinema" edition of MPC is also available with some additional features:
Playing back .MP4 H.264 encoded movies:
- Anti tearing option
- Jitter tests - In VMR9 renderless and EVR custom pres. mode it's possible to display a jitter curve using "Ctrl+J" shortcut. This curve show difference between the moment one frame was expected to be displayed, and the moment it was really displayed.
- Subtiles synchronisation
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- OSD (On Screen Display) - When video output is VMR9 or EVR, MPC can displays some informations on screen (remaining time, volume, audio track, subtitle, …).
The official change log for version 126.96.36.199 (20080308) is as follows:
- MPC: Added subtitle delay function for the internal subtitle renderer. It can be controlled with the F1 (decrease delay) and F2 (increase delay) buttons. The default delay interval is 500ms, but can be changed in the options. Patch by MatMaul.
- MPC: Automatically block DirectVobSub filter (VSFilter) when the internal subtitle renderer will be used.
- MPC: (SubResync) Save to .srt subtitle fix concerning italics
- MPC: YUV mixing option is now hidden on Vista (because it does not work on Vista).
- MPC: Added CSS classes in WebInterface.
- MPC: Fixed buffer overrun in VobSub code.
- MPC: Show proper error message when trying to use the "Save Image" function together with Overlay Mixer renderer.
You may download this updated version here