Using high quality MPEG files made by the "TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 series" or captured by an MPEG capture device, it is possible to perform your own DVD authoring quick and easy.
The outputted file structure (.ifo, VOB) can be burned to a DVD disc using your own DVD writing software, and thus you can create your own original DVDs. Since DVD Author also supports DVD-Video files (VIDEO-TS.ifo) as input files, you can also cut out sceenes from your favourite DVD and make a new DVD-Video.
Main Features :
- A user friendly interface with an easy to use five-step procedure.
- Supports every setting in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5.
- Cut out unwanted scenes during authoring.
- Fast preview and work response when working with Cut edit or inserting Chapter points.
- Create DVD-Video with up to 99 tracks and up to 99 chapter in each track.
- Quickly convert MPEG files to ifo, VOB files without re-encoding.
- Convert to 2 Channel DVD Audio, where the left and right channel has been split up.
- Re-edit your DVD-Video files (VIDEO-TS.ifo).
For your TMPGEnc DVD Author questions, please refers to our TMPGEnc Forum
, and let our resident experts answer them for you.
The offical change log for version Version 220.127.116.11 is as follows:
- Added SSE4 option added to the CPU preferences.
- Improved MPEG encoder optimized to SSE4.
- Improved DV capture library changed to efficiently skip invalid devices.
- Improved Writing engine update to ver. 8.51.
- Fixed A false error could appear at output depending on the source file arrangement.
- Fixed Depending on the source file arrangement, the full encode bitrate could be too low when outputing in DivX with smart rendering.
- Fixed Video framerate would not revert to default in the menu general settings.
- Fixed When erasing a layout in the subtitle editor, subtitles using a higher ID number would become invalid.
- Fixed Audio filter preview may not function correctly if a filter is activated without clicking on a filter's 'OK' button.
- Fixed '&' character may not display properly in the clip name.
- Fixed Audio could disappear when a track contains a Dolby Digital and a LPCM source.
- Fixed Menu template file could sometimes not be correctly read.
- Fixed Parts of the start-up error message may not appear.
- Fixed The application would crash at the end of clip playback when the uniformzation filter was activated.
- Fixed Noise could appear when importing audio through the QuickTime reader.
- Fixed The chaptering tool could limit the chapter marking within the current range without having the option enabled.
- Fixed Sometimes, a first play track could be added even when a first play track was already present in the project.
- Fixed Subtitles could not be correctly imported from a DVRMS file.
- Fixed Maximum smart rendering bitrate could become invalid.
You may download this updated version here