DivX Pro™ provides advanced features and tools designed for discerning videophiles looking to squeeze the highest quality possible from their DivX® video files. DivX Pro offers up to 40% better compression than DivX 5
and includes integrated playback support for all the groundbreaking features of the DivX® Media Format.
The DivX Create Bundle also comes with DivX Converter™, allowing you to convert nearly any digital video into a DivX® media file in one easy step with its simple ‘drag and drop’ functionality. The DivX Converter includes an optional MPEG-2/DVD plug-in for an additional fee.
In addition, both bundles include The DivX Player. The DivX Player™ is capable of playing every DivX file ever created, with integrated support for advanced features of the DivX Media Format and special enhancements for high definition (HD) playback, providing the ideal way to enjoy all your DivX videos.
Here is the official change log for version 6.5.1:
- Fix: Stability of DivX decoder under third-party media players and Windows Explorer
- Fix: Settings in the Decoder Configuration Utility/DivX Settings Manager were not always applied correctly
- Fix: De-interlacing was sometimes enabled when it should not have been
- Fix: The feedback window could crash the encoder when enabled
- Fix: The feedback window could be enabled for Fastest and High Performance modes
- New: For compatibility with applications that do not expect the DirectShow decoder to request the hardware overlay, it is possible to enter application names for which the decoder will not use the hardware overlay in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDivXNetworksDivXExtOverlayExclusions (you may need to create this key). For an example see the SMExclusions key in the same location, which allows the Settings Manager to be disabled on a per-application basis.
DivX Pro is available to purchase as part of the DivX Create Bundle, and comes with a massive 6 months trial period.
For more information and to download the DivX codec go here.