After 6 months of work, the "new" Digital Digest is now online and active. This re-design marks the biggest change to Digital Digest since its launch way back in 1999. For the first time in a long time, Digital Digest is now a single, unified website with a unified design, completely database driven, searchable and hopefully, it will be an easier website to both use and maintain.
Every single page has been modified, old content weeded out, links fixed and many new features and content added. It will take too long to go through every single change, but here's a summary of "what's new":
- Three Digital Digest sub-sites (DivX Digest, DVD±R Digest, DVD Digest) now unified into one super site, simply called Digital Digest
- Visitors who had DVD Digest user accounts will still be able to use the same login as before
- Site wide searching now available for the first time
- Revamped articles, news and software sections with detailed categories for easier searching
- Software information pages now with more information organised in a better way
- A whole new Movies section with the latest trailers and downloads
- A unified user login system, supporting user specific browsing options and with more unique features coming soon...
- And lots more...
The best thing about the "new" Digital Digest is that the re-design allows new features and content to be added in a much easier way than ever before. There is already a long list of new features being lined up, some very interesting ones and some unique ones available to members only (membership is free, as always, so Sign Up
today if you haven't already).
We hope you enjoy the "new" Digital Digest, as much as we hated having all our time sucked away for its development (just kidding, it wasn't all our time - only about 95%).
And remember, this is just the beginning...