"*" = New
"+" = Change
"-" = Fix
--- What's new in Zoom Player v14.1:
* Automatic support for native Windows 7-10 media library folder structure (previously only the more basic Windows XP-Vista library structure was supported).
* New setting (Adv. Options / File Format Association / File Extensions" to instruct Zoom Player to process ".m3u8" playlists. This setting is disabled by default as it can cause conflicts with services that require DirectShow filters to process this type of playlist format.
* New Setting (Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / File Tracker) to specify the download tracking plugins refresh rate.
This value only affects the media library and file browsing navigation interfaces, the download tracking navigation interface refreshes at a higher rate automatically. Please note that using a low number (under 10 seconds) may impact performance when tracking large file lists (over 10,000 entries).
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that do not actually exist on the disk drive. This setting is off by default but can increase performance when dealing with a large number of torrents that were only partially downloaded.
* New setting on the Torrents download & tracking plugin to prevent it from passing file entries to Zoom Player that are marked as "do not download". This setting is off by default. Enabling this setting can reduce some computations and speed up the listing process but at the same time it prevents you from later changing the download priority on these files.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to enable Zoom Player's DSP filter only for visualizations.
* New setting (Adv. Options / Playback / Audio / Visualizations) to set an initial audio re-synchronization value for visualizations (Zoom Player's DSP filter is required for this setting to function).
* The last play position is now drawn over the thumbnail in TV Jukebox mode.
+ Windows 10 creators edition changed how fonts are rendered by enabling clear-type rendering at higher resolutions. Clear-type is a lot slower to draw and at resolutions above 1080p causes severe performance degradation in Zoom Player's fullscreen navigation interfaces. Previously, to solve this issue, you could set Zoom Player to override windows' font rendering. From this version, the setting is enabled by default (you can still change it manually under "Adv. Options / Interface / Fullscreen Navigation / Customization").
+ Zoom Player's default window size for the onyx skin was changed to present a default video size of 960x540 (up from the previous 604x340) and for the alba skin, the default video size was changed to 1280x720.
+ You can now press the escape key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action. Accidentally playing an entire drive could have caused Zoom Player to appear unresponsive.
+ You can now press any navigation key to cancel a 'play all files in folder' feature mid-action.
+ The download plugins synchronization has been completely rewritten, and should no longer cause any user interface slow-downs.
+ The torrents plugin has been greatly optimized, working much faster with large file lists.
+ The download fullscreen navigation interface should scroll much smoothly when dealing with a large number of files.
+ The YouTube (Channel/Search/Trending), Playlist and RSS Feed media library plugins have been optimized for greater performance.
+ Optimized core string handling routines, improving script parsing (e.g. Skin parsing) and other areas.
+ Media Library plugin result entries now display the media's title instead of the file name or URL in list mode (previously the title only showed in thumbnail mode).
+ A 'processing, please hold ...' message now appear when it takes Zoom Player longer to close due to background tasks (media scraping, download plugin sync) still being active.
+ Switching between fullscreen and windowed mode while the media library is opened should be cleaner and faster (less visual junk in the transition).
- Opening the media library, especially on 4K displays showed a low resolution image of the media library for a split second before displaying the full resolution version.
The double-draw event caused both the described visual glitch as well as a performance penality.
- Resizing the Zoom Player window while the media library was visible in thumbnail mode could cause the thumbnails to display in the wrong size.
- Selecting a custom Audio Renderer for audio visualizations did not work well (the wrong audio renderer was used at times).
- Loading a text file would not display the file name in the title area.
- Using the Stop function to close the playing media did not work if the playing media was a text file.
- Fixed a scraping bug where the ".nfo" file detection algorithm would fail with files/folders names containing unicode characters.
- Fixed a possible crash that would trigger sometimes on an initial run after a fresh install.
- Fixed a crash when playing a live video stream using MadVR as the video renderer and trying to use the pause button on the control bar.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for two seconds if the Torrents download plugin is enabled and qBittorrent isn't running.
- Opening the file browsing and download manager fullscreen navigation interfaces will no longer freeze for long periods if qBittorrent is seeding many torrents.
- The media library should no longer freeze for a few seconds when retrieving large file lists from qBittorrent using the Torrents plugin.
- The information dialog ("I" keyboard macro) did not show up when playing in fullscreen on a secondary monitor.
- The torrents download plugin was not recognizing a file's download priority correctly after the latest qBittorrent release.
- The torrents download plugin was listing files returned by qBittorrent but no longer existing on the disk drive in the root folder instead of their (no longer existing) path.
- The currently selected playlist editor entries would lose their selection if a playlist update was triggered after the listed media's duration has been scraped.
- Trying to play a streaming media URL that contained trailing spaces would fail. Trailing spaces are now trimmed (you can still use encoded space characters in the URL).
- The Lock-UI (user interface) feature used to prevent accidental clicks did not block some click and double-click actions.
- The Dolby Digital Plus audio format was not being displayed with an icon on the TV and Movie jukebox screens.
- The play position tool-tip was sometimes displayed in the wrong screen position on multi-monitor displays.
- MIDI audio playback should be more reliable.
- The media library's playlist plugin no longer shows an invalid duration value if the playlist entry has no duration.