Paper (Star) Wars - Getting Started
1. Game Modes
- Story Mode: 10 levels (in the paid for version only, you cheapskate) of mind numbing action, with a "plot" that's totally
not a rip off of a major motion picture
- Two Player Mode: One of you take the top side, the other takes the bottom
side, and you try to kill each other until you're the last one standing. It's
- Reb Campaign Mode: Available on in the paid for version, it's you vs
the CPU in the game's skirmish mode. Bonus points
for not spending all available credits, and for keeping as many deployed ships
as possible at the end of the level. You lose points for losing. You're ranked
based on your current score.
2. How to Play
- Select one of the game modes (and select a chapter, or change the game
- Read the intro/story if there's any
- Tip #1: In the story mode, there will usually be tips on
these screens specifically designed to help you beat the current chapter
- Press the icon for the ship you want to place, and touch anywhere in the
placement area to place ships (you can touch, hold and drag the map around).
With no ship icons selected, you can also touch placed ships to remove them.
Press the "Finish Placement" button when you're done
- Tip #2: Try to place your
important ships towards the back
- Tip #3: Lining up your ships with enemy ships makes it
easier for you to aim
- Tip #4: In story mode, not using up all your available credits allows you
to save some of these credits for the next chapter (but only if you've not
completed the next chapter yet), if you win the current
chapter, that is. In Reb campaign mode, you also get bonus credits for not using
up all your available resources, which goes towards your total score.
- To fire, touch the ship you want to fire from, the "Fire" button should
show up. Click on this button to initiate aiming mode. To aim, swipe (touch
screen, hold, and drag fingers in direction of fire, let go to fire) in the
direction you want to fire.
- Tip #5: To make aiming easier, press your phone's "Menu"
button, and turn on Easy Aim mode (you can also turn the sound on/off
- Tip #6: You can make aiming more accurate by making sure
your touch-on and touch-off distance is as far as possible. For example, when
you're playing the bottom side, touch the screen as near the bottom of the
screen as possible, and then drag your fingers towards the top of the screen, as
high as you can go - this allows for more control over the precise firing angle
- Tip #7: Use the background, including the wreckage of your
wing-men, to help you aim. Remember where you aimed last time by aiming at
something in the background, and if you missed, adjust your aim accordingly
- Tip #8: There's a secret bonus if one particular ship hits three
targets in a row
- The side that destroys the other side's ships first is the winner
- Tip #9: If some of your ships survived, you get bonus
credits that you can use towards the next chapter (but only if you've not
completed the next chapter yet). In Reb campaign mode, you also get bonus
credits for keeping some of your squad mates alive at the end of each level,
with the bonus score going towards your total score.